Never.
EVER.
Seen.
The.
Combination.
Of.
HIS.
Ability & age.

Stop talking like he's done standard picture of what 39/40 is.

Sweatergawd, you & Bro just REFUSE...
😂🤦🏻‍♂️

He's been great at 39 (out in the first round)
He's been great at 38 (swept in WCF)
He's been great at 37 (missed playoffs)
He's been great at 36 (out in the first round)

Play-in team 3 of those 4 years. Our PEAK is 7 seed for FOUR years.

He can be great at 40-41-42, he's still not going to be good enough.

OKC just swept their series and got ONE BASKET from a player over 25.
Minny just swept with Ant dominating the Suns.
Boston up 3-1 with Tatum
Denver the champs with the soon to be 3 time MVP at 29.
Jalen Brunson got the Knicks up 3-1 age 27.
Pacers up 3-1 in Halliburton's first playoff run.
The Magic can't even buy alcohol yet or the Cavs behind old man Spider. (He's 27)

The last series is the Clippers deep roster vs young Luka. (Winner TBD there)

It is a young players sport. It has been for 80 years.

Bron, Steph, KD got ONE PLAYOFF WIN COMBINED this year. They are all legends. And their time has passed.

Tim Brady was great. His time ended.
Jeter was great. His time ended.
Mike was great. His time ended.
Kobe was great. His time ended.

He's not going to magically get better at 40-41-42. I'm not saying we need to old yeller him. If he wanted to play (at a high level) for 10 million a year as we build up a new generation of Magic and Worthy (young stud duo carrying old man Kareem) sure, great. HE WANTS FIFTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS A SEASON. You can't build a ****ing contender like that. Period.

PERIOD.

You're lying to yourself, your friends, this thread, NT, and the rest of the Internet if you believe otherwise.

And our other best player just got taken out by........well.......uh......yea, someone bumped him in the paint. *Jaguar fan.gif*

These stupid teams, we got a championship in the beginning of the year by winning like 4 games, they all gotta win 16, suckerrrs.

He's been great at 39 (out in the first round)
He's been great at 38 (swept in WCF)
He's been great at 37 (missed playoffs)
He's been great at 36 (out in the first round)

Play-in team 3 of those 4 years. Our PEAK is 7 seed for FOUR years.

He can be great at 40-41-42, he's still not going to be good enough.

OKC just swept their series and got ONE BASKET from a player over 25.
Minny just swept with Ant dominating the Suns.
Boston up 3-1 with Tatum
Denver the champs with the soon to be 3 time MVP at 29.
Jalen Brunson got the Knicks up 3-1 age 27.
Pacers up 3-1 in Halliburton's first playoff run.
The Magic can't even buy alcohol yet or the Cavs behind old man Spider. (He's 27)

The last series is the Clippers deep roster vs young Luka. (Winner TBD there)

It is a young players sport. It has been for 80 years.

Bron, Steph, KD got ONE PLAYOFF WIN COMBINED this year. They are all legends. And their time has passed.

Tim Brady was great. His time ended.
Jeter was great. His time ended.
Mike was great. His time ended.
Kobe was great. His time ended.

He's not going to magically get better at 40-41-42. I'm not saying we need to old yeller him. If he wanted to play (at a high level) for 10 million a year as we build up a new generation of Magic and Worthy (young stud duo carrying old man Kareem) sure, great. HE WANTS FIFTY ONE MILLION DOLLARS A SEASON. You can't build a ****ing contender like that. Period.

PERIOD.

You're lying to yourself, your friends, this thread, NT, and the rest of the Internet if you believe otherwise.

And our other best player just got taken out by........well.......uh......yea, someone bumped him in the paint. *Jaguar fan.gif*
He: great at 39
Team: out in the first round

He: great at 38
Team: swept in WCF

He: great at 37
Team: missed playoffs

He: 36

Your words, before all that other worthless BS.

It's the same exact response you offer when people use the lazy "Coach!" argument. You point to the team and shut them down.

**You are the "It's the coach!" crowd.**
(It's funny how one of the biggest "It's the coach!" guys in the thread also says "You're lying to yourself if you don't see it my way, or you're a moron." 🤣)

"He's old! That's the problem!"

Not with the way he's performing it's not. Look at his stats, watch his games... and then look elsewhere, because that ain't it. It's lazy.

He: great at 39

He great at 38
Team: swept in WCF

He: great at 37
Team: missed playoffs

He: 36

It's the same exact response you offer when people use the lazy "Coach!" argument.

Not with the way he's performing it's not. Look at his stats, watch his games... and then look elsewhere, because that ain't it. It's lazy.

You mean "watch his stats"

Cuz, I saw him not be able to get rebounds from Aaron Gordon. Or out hustle Jokic with the dribble or lock up anybody defensively for long stretches. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Watch his games. :lol:

He can't turn the corner anymore like he could at 32. Head of steam Bron yes, but flatfooted off the bounce, no more.

Chasedown blocks? Absolutely.

LOCK DOWN a primary scorer on the other team? Nope. Not in his bag anymore. That's Miami/Cleveland Bron.

Jokic a damn beast. Fight with it AD.
Murray a damn beast. Fight with it Reaves.
MPJ a damn menace. Fight with it somebody else.

Oh. Bron ain't guard none of them full time? The other team got THREE damn options, but he's not lockin ANY of those options down?

Aye, 51 million seems about right. We just, ya know, will only focus on his offense and the occasional highlight block or steal.

😂 space cadet

:smh: **** like this is exactly why Bron pushes for the vets/old guys over youth (for better or worse). TP may have struggled with the extended minutes during the reg season, but he was easily better than Rui this series.

I've always said Rui's best spot is backing up Bron. Get you solid 12-15+ off the bench in a role that doesn't need him to think and process. Just go out there and do what you do best. He can't be relied on in a role like this.

:smh: **** like this is exactly why Bron pushes for the vets/old guys over youth (for better or worse). TP may have struggled with the extended minutes during the reg season, but he was easily better than Rui this series.

I've always said Rui's best spot is backing up Bron. Get you solid 12-15+ off the bench in a role that doesn't need him to think and process. Just go out there and do what you do best. He can't be relied on in a role like this.
Rui missed a defensive read?
Probably bad coaching.
And he's old.

:lol: He’s talking about DLo obviously because they both genuinely hate each other. But I don’t want to hear from a guy who started Taurean and Cam Reddish 75 combined games about starters.

Wood and Vando were available and not getting even 1 minute between them when their bench was mediocre all series is dumb. Not saying either could play 30 minutes, but not even 1 is hilarious. Maybe they can play in Game 6.

Yall complainin about LeBron for nothing, youre going to get a double dose next year of LeBron and Bronnie on the Lakers after Lebron signs a 2-year max contract.

Darvin will prolly be the coach and D-Lo will prolly be replaced by Dennis Schroeder.

So not playing dudes against the defending champs who haven’t seen action on a NBA court in MONTHS is dumb? 😂 yall just be saying stuff to just to be saying stuff…

Yeah....but this the Laker thread so just saying stuff is expected.

I said it prior to the game that it doesn't make much sense to play guys who haven't played in months. They have no rhythm and probably aren't ready for a playoff game.

If he had inserted Vando on the final play and vando got cooked, he would be getting killed for that.

It's the same exact response you offer when people use the lazy "Coach!" argument. You point to the team and shut them down.

**You are the "It's the coach!" crowd.**
(It's funny how one of the biggest "It's the coach!" guys in the thread also says "You're lying to yourself if you don't see it my way, or you're a moron." 🤣)

I think you're kinda missing something.

I'm not saying he's not good, cuz he's old.

I'm saying he's limited, because of his age/mileage. Mileage maybe a better word than age, I just use age as the inherent understanding of his milage.

I'm also not trying to blame him for every detail. But he is a huge part, and there is 50 million other reasons.......

You're trying to lump me in with others, that's not a me thing.

You guys wanna extend a high milage player who can't do what he was doing at 30 and we fail year after year, and then sit back and wonder "how come we don't win anymore?" I guess I won't be able to answer you.

I think you're kinda missing something.

I'm not saying he's not good, cuz he's old.

I'm saying he's limited, because of his age/mileage. Mileage maybe a better word than age, I just use age as the inherent understanding of his milage.

I'm also not trying to blame him for every detail. But he is a huge part, and there is 50 million other reasons.......

You're trying to lump me in with others, that's not a me thing.

You guys wanna extend a high milage player who can't do what he was doing at 30 and we fail year after year, and then sit back and wonder "how come we don't win anymore?" I guess I won't be able to answer you.

Lebron and AD wasn't the problem it was the inconsistencies of the others and coaching.

Bron averaged 28-9-7 on while being forced to play over 40 minutes a game. Name me one player in the NBA who can defend Murray, defend Jokic, lead his team in scoring, rebounding and playmaking because that's basically what your argument is and that player doesn't exist.

Rui was bad, Dlo had 1 good game, Reaves was basically a non factor. That's why the Lakers lost. AD and Bron showed up.

Denver had Jokic, MPJ, Murray all going for 20+ each night and Aaron Gordon giving them another 15 ish.

Rui, DLo, and Reaves don't cost 50 million dollars.

If you're willingly wanting to extend a guy AT THAT PRICE that can't guard the other teams best players........then good luck. I guess you'll enjoy the regular season highlights and memories.

I want the Lakers to win Championships.

Rui, DLo, and Reaves don't cost 50 million dollars.

If you're willingly wanting to extend a guy AT THAT PRICE that can't guard the other teams best players........then good luck. I guess you'll enjoy the regular season highlights and memories.

I want the Lakers to win Championships.

You're acting like he's a liability on defense. He's not.

I genuinely don't know how you can watch those games and say Bron is the problem.

Definitely didn't play perfect but he is far from the primary issue. During last off season we praised Rob for putting together a collection of role players that could ease the burden from LeBron and for the most part those guys didn't show up at all in the playoffs.

If the Lakers only route to victory was 39-year-old LeBron playing elite on both ends of the court for 40 minutes then we were never going to win anyway.

Bron doesn’t strike me as wanting to play 3 more years… just speculating of course but he talks a lot about missing out on family moments, so I’d say 1-2 more years max

Back
Top Bottom