LA/Woolsey Fire

I think he means how do you see a wildfire moving towards you and you don’t evacuate the area. It’s like you see a tornado coming your way and you decide to just stay at the crib. You gotta get out ASAP

They probably died from inhaling the smoke rather than burning, but it’s sad either way. RIP to those that lost their lives.
I think sometimes some people just can’t leave what they spent their whole life trying to build tho

Yeah there’s people who get trapped and that’s horrific

But some people just won’t leave period :frown:

What? There’s been quite a bit of massive-sized fires in less than 14 months. The Camp Fire up by Chico is blowing smoke all the way down here to bay.

Guess they're usually up north because as far as LA goes, I can only remember 2 this year. This one included.

These rich people have insurance. They'll be fine. They might actually even come out ahead after their property is assessed and valued

Bruh, what?! Not everything is of monetary value.

Its not that easy walking away from your home (that majority have lived for many years) and everything you own, even from the dangers of a fire.

Again, heartbreaking seeing so many houses burn down

Its hard to walk away from everything youve built so you rather stay and burn with it? Makes no sense.

I figure the people who died were those who were physically unable to get out of the area? Wildfire isnt like a hurricane where you can bunker down, board up the windows and hope it wont be too bad to you.

U know what’s crazy
There’s always been a fire here or there
Or major fire every COUPLE years
But damn there’s been fires
Like major ones every few months
For the past year or 2
Something just seems weird about it all

U know what’s crazy
There’s always been a fire here or there
Or major fire every COUPLE years
But damn there’s been fires
Like major ones every few months
For the past year or 2
Something just seems weird about it all

It's getting worse. An hour or so again we couldn't smell anything. The smell has reached down to inglewood

i wonder if the fires are connected to chemtrails and heavy metals in the air???

Prorities...
IMG_20181110_162814.jpg

Guess they're usually up north because as far as LA goes, I can only remember 2 this year. This one included.

That’s exactly why this is so scary...these types of fires have only been normal for the past year and a half. This isn’t normal for Nor Cal either.

That’s exactly why this is so scary...these types of fires have only been normal for the past year and a half. This isn’t normal for Nor Cal either.

Yup. We're seeing the type of fires that used to occur once in a generation occur 3 - 4x a year now.

I still have hard time understanding how you die in a wild fire.

You can literally see it coming a mile away.

Unless you just stubborn as a mule, why are you not gone before the fire hits?

I think he means how do you see a wildfire moving towards you and you don’t evacuate the area. It’s like you see a tornado coming your way and you decide to just stay at the crib. You gotta get out ASAP

They probably died from inhaling the smoke rather than burning, but it’s sad either way. RIP to those that lost their lives.

I think it's hard to fathom what the situation is like without actually being in it.

Trust, people aren't dying in these fires because they're stubborn mules, or because they're trying to save material or personal items.

The descriptions given by survivors, ecologist and other scientist up here in Northern California these past two years are ****ing nuts.

1) You can't literally see the fire coming for miles like a tornado. The paths of the fires can be unpredictable. The rates at which these fires move, I still can't wrap my head around.

Fires burning areas the size of a football field every second - you can't outrun or outdrive that.

Wind can carry burning soot for miles causing fire to literally rain from the sky starting new fires unexpectedly.

Wild fires burn underground for years after they extinguish on the earth's surface. When new surface level fires start, the underground fires basically explode causing the area above to combust.

2) These rural areas are rural. Not very many roads, if there's even more than one. People get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic for hours on hours. People get slowed down trying to care for the sick and the elderly and those who aren't mobile for any reason. Fires start and spread in the middle of the night when people are asleep, etc.

These are natural disasters that are fell less predictable or known than something like a hurricane.

Like all of you, my thoughts are with those affected by the California wildfires.

Sadly, at least one member of our NikeTalk family has been directly impacted by this week's California wildfires. Someone who has either directly or indirectly helped virtually all of us, myself included, in recent years is still searching for a loved one:

https://niketalk.com/threads/nt-i-r...-a-missing-person-camp-fire-in-norcal.677267/

If you or someone you know needs help finding a loved one, let us know. We'll retweet your request from our seldom-used Twitter account, and I'm sure that many of our fellow community members will gladly do the same.

The fire in Paradise, California, where Roger Notmeyer lived, at one point spread across the equivalent of one football field every second.

Social media has the potential to move even faster.

I still have hard time understanding how you die in a wild fire.

You can literally see it coming a mile away.

Unless you just stubborn as a mule, why are you not gone before the fire hits?

Some people ignore warnings until it's too late

Also consider the back and forth in determining how many controlled burns CalFire should do each year. Back in August an article was released about how these rural areas where controlled burns would take place, have continued to grow and become fuel for forest fires.

Definitely scary. There was fire in Laguna Canyon a couple months ago and we we’re one street away from being told to evacuate.

Back
Top Bottom