Ladies and Gentlemen, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will be released in the fall instead (edit)

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sega planning new 2D, HD Sonic game[/h1]Author: Joe Martin
Published: 9th September 2009

article_img.jpg
Sega has teased a new Sonic game for 2010 - a 2D, high-definition one that could mark a return to form

After many, many years of awful attempts to bring the Sonic the Hedgehog series into a 3D universe, with the latest travesty being the terrible Sonic: Unleashed, Sega has finally decided to go back to basics - with a new 2D Sonic.

Codenamed as Project Needlemouse, the game will apparently take Sonicback to his former glory in a completely two-dimensional adventurethat'll be rendered in gorgeous high-definition.

The release date listed for the game is an unilluminating '2010' and noplatform is listed either, but the mention of HD puts the Nintendoplatforms out of the picture and makes a Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3release even more likely.

Aside from that all that's really known about the game is that it will make use of the old-fashioned style of Sonic art, some of which can be seen on the official Needlemouse teaser website.It's also known that the game won't be a simple remake or enhancementof the original games, with the teaser trailer unveiled by GameSpot Australia promising that it'll be an all new adventure built from the ground up for a HD experience.

Finally then, it looks like there may be some hope on the horizon after so many lack-lustre and occasionally disturbing Sonic games.

It's also worth noting that the announcement comes on the tenthanniversary of the Sega Dreamcast, which helps cement the specialnessof the occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ewOm6BZhrxE&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/ewOm6BZhrxE&hl=en&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/ewOm6BZhrxE&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/ewOm6BZhrxE&hl=en&fs=1&

update:

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

any Sonic game is an automatic cop for me.

not really, those new sonic games have been trash, the last good one was sonic adventure 2 on dreamcast

I loved sonic adventure for the dreamcast. Why couldn't they make another one like that?

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

any Sonic game is an automatic cop for me.

There hasn't been a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure and that was 10 years ago.
laugh.gif

I don't get how you turn your mascot into a joke like Sega did...It's still Sega so I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope it is good tho...

Niceeeeee

But I also cant see them charging 60 for a 2d game. I would think this would d/l content that would cost money. Granted the 2d ones are the @#!+ and the 3dones suck, I cant see ppl goin out and copping for 60.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

cool! sega should've announced shenmue 3 though...
smh.gif
AMEN!!!!!!! they have a 500,000 signed petiion for the game and still wont entertain the idea. Id also like to see a new version of altered beastmaybe shinobi alex kidd in miracle world or som more lassic sega games. I dont even know why they still use the name sega they should just be called sonic,cause hell thats basically all they are giving us.

I owned and beat every sonic up to sonic adventure 2. I hope they can get on the right track and make somethin good again

This actually sounds awesome...maybe they took notes from Capcom seeing what they did with Bionic Commando.

Now if only we could get a HD 2d beat em up of Streets of Rage 4

Might have to play SOR 1-3 on the OG XBOX tonight..

Originally Posted by StillIn729

they needa bring back Streets of Rage

Good luck with that i was recently on the office website and they have hundreds of thousands of ppl writing video blogging twittering big shots in sega hq.From what i can tell they are almost in a mindset like f the fanboys u guys didnt suppor us when we made systems and games now u want use to put in money etcto make what games u want, for what u wouldnt buy them then why should we waste money so u guys wont buy em now.

thats whats it is....I kills my Sega emulator on the regular!..... Sonic & Knuckles w/ Sonic 2 or 3 in the top FTW!

Back
Top Bottom