[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

RunningFishy:
23ska909red02:
These 2 dudes are DUMMY soft, man, I swear.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just can't imagine Duncan ever telling Parker "Hey bruh, we're gonna need you to uh... slow it down a bit."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Have you ever seen big men in person, or seen them play?  There is a reason why big guys can't run as fast, nor handle the ball.  It's a physically difficult for them to do so.

Sessions SHOULD BE THE ONE adjusting.  He is the guy w/ the blank slate, he needs to learn the offense and buy into it.  There's no doubt about it.  He came to play w/ his style, and is now being COACHED to change it for the game plan.  What's so dumb about it?

LA was always a 1/2 court team, especially when SHAQ came in.  From then on, the triangle was about 1/2 court sets, and that's how it still is.  What's so shocking about this?

LA's strength are the 2 big guys.
Absolutley. I'm not one of these armchair sports fans that never really play anything. And basketball is what I play the most, so I definitely hear you. But I still stand by what I said. I mean, I agree that a PG is responsible for adjusting & bringing the teams skills together on the floor, but these dudes are mental midgets for even asking that, man.

i probably dislike mike brown probably as much as everyone else. but that is not the reason why i am blaming him for last night's loss...

i heard magic, wilbon, broussard and jon barry say the lakers need to play 46 minutes like they did yesterday.. i totally disagree, because 46 strong minutes like that caused them the game.

they stopped going inside, they were up 7 with 2:08 to go. they call a time out, yet mike brown doesnt stress defense and to pound the ball inside.. because pau is at the top of the key, instead of posting downlow. gasol is a 75.2% career free throw shooter, yet he's on top of the key setting picks for other players..

also the last play of the game, it was not kobe that made the mistake. if he ran it the way mike brown wanted it, then brown is at fault. world peace inbounds the ball, and brown designs a play that goes away from the ball?? how smart is that, when you have so many players on kobe, because they know he wants to take the last shot?

it was a good play by metta world peace, because the lakers had no time outs and blake was wide open.. still i dont like blake, because he's very sporadic and doesnt deliver. he cant contain westbrook and neither can sessions.. why doesnt goudelock get a shot at him? same height as westbrook, weighs a little more.. but if he doesnt get a shot, do you go with the two players you know cant stop russel westbrook?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I just can't imagine Duncan ever telling Parker "Hey bruh, we're gonna need you to uh... slow it down a bit."
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Have you ever seen big men in person, or seen them play?  There is a reason why big guys can't run as fast, nor handle the ball.  It's a physically difficult for them to do so.

Sessions SHOULD BE THE ONE adjusting.  He is the guy w/ the blank slate, he needs to learn the offense and buy into it.  There's no doubt about it.  He came to play w/ his style, and is now being COACHED to change it for the game plan.  What's so dumb about it?

LA was always a 1/2 court team, especially when SHAQ came in.  From then on, the triangle was about 1/2 court sets, and that's how it still is.  What's so shocking about this?

LA's strength is the 1 big guy.

I've been on the Fire Mike Brown train since he was hired BUT he actually showed us that he can make an adjustment especially after getting blown out. Obviously the whole team should be to blame though Kobe is the guy to take majority of the blame. That lazy pass ignited that Thunder run. 

I don't see what so disrespectful about my J. Kidd comment.

Lots of players play far past their prime and are still effective role players

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

presequel:
check this article http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2012/05/15/whats-happened-to-ramon-sessions/
its a good read.

Throughout his career and in his first 15 games (or so) with the Lakers, Sessions was asked to run a team where he’d be a key factor in every offensive possession. He was given the freedom to push the ball up the floor to seek his own shot, then pull back and run multiple P&R’s in order to try and create off the dribble if there wasn’t a clear alley to the rim. He had the green light to be as aggressive as he saw fit with very few consequences for a quick or poor shot.

When he first came to the Lakers, this approach was a breath of fresh air. His blazing speed and ability to turn the corner in isolation or P&R sets gave the Lakers an added dimension they’d lacked with Fisher or Blake running the offense. Simply put, Sessions was a creator while the Lakers’ other PG’s were initiators.

As the season advanced, though, Sessions was asked to pull back. His teammates started to make comments about playing at a slower tempo to accommodate the pace Gasol and Bynum are most comfortable playing at. He was shifted to the starting lineup and then had more mouths to feed, integrating his on-ball style with Kobe while still running a post-centric offense. More and more he was running half-court sets that didn’t involve P&R’s for himself, but rather sets that asked him to either initiate an action via a pass to Gasol that flowed into him being a screener and a stop up shooter or for him to keep his dribble high while Kobe ran off picks to get free for a catch and shoot jumper or an isolation.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Something's off about that article regarding "tempo." The article states that Ramon was asked to pull back because he was aggressive in isolation pick & rolls. Looked to score and was blazing fast. But they refer to a post game/practice where Ron Artest is saying the biggest problem with the Lakers (at that time) was the "tempo." But when he describes tempo and he says things like "We need to play at Drew's tempo...and not run up and down." When I hear "up and down" and watching Ron gesture, he sounds like he's describing the fast break. "He's not a track star." That's not a pick and roll situation. I mean we run a ton of pick and rolls for Kobe. That doesn't explain the Ramon situation.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Smh at laker fans threatening Steve Blake's family.
This
They really came at his wife like that?  SMH I hope this doesnt represent the majority

Originally Posted by solarius49

This
They really came at his wife like that?  SMH I hope this doesnt represent the majority
Those aren't Lakers fans, those folks are idiots. At the end of the day were all human, I understand the frustration, but to threaten a person's family? Thats OD absurd.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by solarius49

This
Those aren't Lakers fans, those folks are idiots. At the end of the day were all human, I understand the frustration, but to threaten a person's family? Thats OD absurd.
Forreal B.  He should send Metta at their grandmas

man why can't we have a pg like tony parker. But well they might tell him to slow down too lmao.

The Heat lost and now 1-2 against the Pacers.
We can be happy about that. LOLOLOL

Seriously though, we almost got game 2 and that
was a nice showing. Now we need to prove that
game 2 wasn't a fluke and protect home court.
Win game 3 and everything should feel better...

Originally Posted by kobeoverthehill

The Heat lost and now 1-2 against the Pacers.
We can be happy about that. LOLOLOL

Seriously though, we almost got game 2 and that
was a nice showing. Now we need to prove that
game 2 wasn't a fluke and protect home court.
Win game 3 and everything should feel better...
the heat may lose, but yall bout to get swept.
roll.gif

I see us winning at least one game. I don't believe we can be swept just like
that... oh wait, I can believe that. LOL
If OKC does indeed sweep us, we need some major piece resets for next season.
Kobe can't keep on with this type of heartless team.

It's funny seeing Kobe being called old because he failed at the end of the game and what not, and then Lebron and Wade play just as bad as you can possibly play in the 4th quarter against the Pacers.

Not saying anything we do has anything to do with the Heat, but when two of the top players in the league can't close out a game either...........It's just funny the way some things go.

Lakers need to make this a respectable series. Another year with another sweep would be dreadful smh.

Yeah, I can't go on living like this with the Lakers getting swept
left and right. I'm too emotionally involved man.

They need to turn it up. They need to take this to 6 games at least. smh.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

they stopped going inside, they were up 7 with 2:08 to go. they call a time out, yet mike brown doesnt stress defense and to pound the ball inside.. because pau is at the top of the key, instead of posting downlow. gasol is a 75.2% career free throw shooter, yet he's on top of the key setting picks for other players..

also the last play of the game, it was not kobe that made the mistake. if he ran it the way mike brown wanted it, then brown is at fault. world peace inbounds the ball, and brown designs a play that goes away from the ball?? how smart is that, when you have so many players on kobe, because they know he wants to take the last shot?

it was a good play by metta world peace, because the lakers had no time outs and blake was wide open.. still i dont like blake, because he's very sporadic and doesnt deliver. he cant contain westbrook and neither can sessions.. why doesnt goudelock get a shot at him? same height as westbrook, weighs a little more.. but if he doesnt get a shot, do you go with the two players you know cant stop russel westbrook?
I probably watched the last two minutes of game 2 like 10 times.

The Lakers were still trying to work the ball inside. Kobe was initiating the offense, Drew on the block and Pau in the high post. OKC countered by increasing pressure on the entry pass, Perkins fronted Bynum and Westbrook cheated over playing against the lob pass. Since the post entry pass wasn't there, Kobe swung the ball around where Metta dribbled around for a few seconds with no purpose. Eventually Kobe got the ball back with a few seconds on the shot clock and launched a low percentage jump shot that clanked off the rim.

While watching the game I thought that the Lakers choked, but after watching it again several times I have to tip my hat off to OKC for increasing their intensity and basically just wanting it more. Those late game turnovers were back breakers, and that had absolutely nothing to do with coaching in that situation.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom