[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Jim buss almost got us cp3 stop slandering ol boy

He also got us dwight
Next he will get us klove and lebreezzzyyy

i guess.

but i also think  this whole "Laker allure" thing is overblown.

at the end of the days these dudes get paid.

Nick young and Jordan farmar saying they want to be lakers does nothing for me.

I hope we get k love and russy 
frown.gif
they took lesser deals to sign in their hometown.

now they knew there was opportunity to be had here, but still, you dont think someone wasnt gonna offer nick young at least 3-4 a year even on a 1 year deal? 

1 mil in LA (women and weather)  or 3-4 mil in Utah/philly/charlotte...mind you these guys already had deals where they earned aome m's and not someone like shannon brown who's biggest deal was 2-3 mil in phoenix

Laker allure is overblown IMO

Crazy bargains like Malone/GP happen because the team is a contender

Shaq could be credited to the Laker allure but also just the market. If LA & NY were in equal positions back then it might''ve been a toss-up.

If guys like Nick Young and Wes Johnson actually had major suitors this past summer, the Laker allure would go out the window

Last edited:

i guess.

but i also think  this whole "Laker allure" thing is overblown.

at the end of the days these dudes get paid.

I hope we get k love and russy 
frown.gif
they took lesser deals to sign in their hometown.

now they knew there was opportunity to be had here, but still, you dont think someone wasnt gonna offer nick young at least 3-4 a year even on a 1 year deal?

1 mil in LA (women and weather)  or 3-4 mil in Utah/philly/charlotte...mind you these guys already had deals where they earned aome m's and not someone like shannon brown who's biggest deal was 2-3 mil in phoenix

I want the big fish in the pond. not some tuna
'lakers allure' only counts for free agents imo.

so the cp3 and acquiring dwight does not count.

imo

nerd.gif

imo

bruh, that scene...the feels...hit home.

i dare someone to watch the scene and not feel anything
me too
frown.gif

i just dont get the people that say no big name free agents will want to come because jim buss and dantoni suck

AND we shouldnt tank because we dont need the draft

like.. how does that work out for us?

Shaq could be credited to the Laker allure but also just the market. If LA & NY were in equal positions back then it might''ve been a toss-up.

If guys like Nick Young and Wes Johnson actually had major suitors this past summer, the Laker allure would go out the window

We haven't had money to go after big name free agents since Shaq. Kobe was resigned under Dr. Buss's watch. And Dwight said no under Jim's. Facts only.

LA is LA but when the franchise looks dysfunctional from the outside and the head guy seems more worried about doing it his way than making smart basketball decisions, why would any guy want to spend their prime to what seems to be a situation in disarray.

Last edited:

We haven't had money to go after big name free agents since Shaq. Kobe was resigned under Dr. Buss's watch. And Dwight said no under Jim's. Facts only.

LA is LA but when the franchise looks dysfunctional from the outside and the head guy seems more worried about doing it his way than making smart basketball decisions, why would any guy want to spend their prime to what seems to be a situation in disarray.
AGREED.

you're over the cap, you can't partake in sign and trades right? so theoretically, the heat would be able to do this since they would be below the cap once bron opts out of his contract? or are there salary cap holds and other things like that?

:lol: just looked at miami's salary. if the big 3 opted out, they would only have haslem for 4.6 (who also has a player option), norris cole, and chris anderson on their books. what if they all took pay cuts for long deals and signed another 4th star :wow: :rofl:

I turn it in #TeamTank

That is all.

@CP1708 Can't anymore.

Pau Gasol for Emeka Okafor (Work out a 1st Round Pick)

Chris Kaman to the Pelicans for Jason Smith (out for the season) & Second Round pick. If they want, we'll include Hill for Stiemsma & another 2nd Round Pick.

Steve Blake, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry... All available.

Play Sacre & Stiemsma for 24 minutes each at Center.
Kelly plays the 4. Whoever is left on the roster shall be his backup.

Last edited:
you're over the cap, you can't partake in sign and trades right? so theoretically, the heat would be able to do this since they would be below the cap once bron opts out of his contract? or are there salary cap holds and other things like that?

laugh.gif
just looked at miami's salary. if the big 3 opted out, they would only have haslem for 4.6 (who also has a player option), norris cole, and chris anderson on their books. what if they all took pay cuts for long deals and signed another 4th star
eek.gif
roll.gif
MELO?

or

:lol: just looked at miami's salary. if the big 3 opted out, they would only have haslem for 4.6 (who also has a player option), norris cole, and chris anderson on their books. what if they all took pay cuts for long deals and signed another 4th star :wow: :rofl:

Nope. They have a cap hold on Lebron. So if Lebron opts out, they have to renounce the cap hold meaning that they would no longer be able to go over cap to sign him.

He also got us dwight
"almost"

*runs to check the Lakers roster real quick*

Nope, no CP3.

Bottom line: it didn't happen.

The magic is gone.

"Well that was because Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban and" blah, blah, blah.

It.

DIDN'T.

Happen.

We didn't get what we wanted. PERIOD.

And Dwight self-delivered; that was Jim 'getting' Dwight the same way a parent 'forces' a kid to eat ice cream for dinner.

He also got us dwight
"almost"

*runs to check the Lakers roster real quick*

Nope, no CP3.

Bottom line: it didn't happen.

The magic is gone.

"Well that was because Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban and" blah, blah, blah.

It.

DIDN'T.

Happen.

We didn't get what we wanted. PERIOD.

And Dwight self-delivered; that was Jim 'getting' Dwight the same way a parent 'forces' a kid to eat ice cream for dinner.

Jordan Farmar, Jodie Meeks, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Jordan Hill, Chris Kaman all took less to play in LA. That is fact. Not conjecture, not opinion. It is fact.

None of these guys are All-Stars, but still shows there is some draw to the name.

We just need one name with Kobe, and it will regenerate itself.

The whole Dwight situation was a "He's not who we thought he was, but we have to hope that he will want to be that." He didn't. End of story.

Last edited:
Guess I'm in the minority. I just feel like the allure is always there. Only certain teams have it. They go through cold periods, but it always comes back around. Yankees didnt make the playoffs...is it still there? ( i know different sport but they just signed a bunch of guys)
If K Love signs next year with the Lakers,and another good player does it mean its back?

serious question...

Last edited:
Winning is what brings allure back. The Yankees were TERRIBLE in the 80s, but they created a dynasty in the 90s and have been relevant since. You have to win, and win big.

as much as those say the "lakers" allure is gone, the fact is the " LA" allure goes hand in hand with it. even more so now that the clippers are a contender.

lets all just agree its the LA allure 

I've never felt this pessimistic about the future of our team.

Like what direction are we going? Fire Mike Brown, tell Phil the job is his, hire MDA the next day. Beg Dwight like a sucka who hadn't proved a damn thing, he leaves. We supposed to have all this cap room to spend on marquee free agents, give Kobe 50 mil at age 36 off an Achilles injury. Now trying to play hardball for Pau who've they've been trying to trade since 2011.

Excuse me but the regime hasn't instilled faith that they'll all of a sudden do the smart thing. I fully expect them to offer Melo the full max this summer and screw us for the next 5 years.

Jordan Farmar, Jodie Meeks, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Jordan Hill, Chris Kaman all took less to play in LA. That is fact. Not conjecture, not opinion. It is fact.

None of these guys are All-Stars, but still shows there is some draw to the name.

they were league rejects and you yourself said the new cba is more geared towards these gms not overpaying for bench guys. so the lakers theoretically should always have a stronger bench.

I get what your saying, and I think if K love joins and takes less, maybe it is still there, and lakers are just in a dry spell.

but at this point in time i don't think it's there

The whole Dwight situation was a "He's not who we thought he was, but we have to hope that he will want to be that." He didn't. End of story.

And that is something we can agree on.

Back
Top Bottom