[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
We're gonna pay a 36 year old 25 million dollars and then ask a guy in his prime to take less money than he can get elsewhere?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one in this thread was asking for that contract, though. And because of that contract it makes getting someone like Melo even less desirable.

Doesn't matter that no one asked for Kobe's deal, we have it, it's here, so now trying to "adjust" and asking Melo to take less is not really all that wise, is it?

I mean, we could call and ask Durant to take a 4 year, 4 million dollar deal, but does it sound like he'd say yes?

I'm saying that we shouldn't pursue Carmelo at all if he's not going to agree to less than a max contract. Now, let me be clear: I do not think we should pursue Carmelo, nor do I think he will agree to anything less than max. I'm just pointing out the reality of living with Kobe's contract extension and how it affects the way we offer future agents.

Now, if LeBron were to consider the Lakers then obviously you offer him the max and whatever else he needs to agree to leave Miami. But of course, I don't think he'll be coming here anyway.

Maybe I watch a different Melo but I don't see why him, Kobe, and a top 8 pick couldn't be formidable depending on who you bring back. The most important position being the PG in this case. But he's never really played on a team that was all that good outside of the time he went to the WCF. I'd rather have Love but if we got Melo and hit on a draft pick we still have money for 15 offseason. shrugs

It seems like most of the guys might be back within a week or two.

Im curious to see what D'Antoni's rotation would look like with a healthy roster.

Marshall and Meeks deserve to keep their minutes imo.

Last edited:
The idea I understand...

Old man Kobe, Melo, Top 3-5-7 pick, and Kevin Love in 2015. Sounds nice, sure.

Also sounds a lot like 50+ wins and out in round 2, rinse and repeat. Which is not nice.

But if they really are trying to land Melo, they need to get Young out asap. In no way am I tryin to see Kobe, Melo, and Nick Young on the same squad. Might as well bring JR along and maybe mix in some Jamal Crawford and just really have a good time. :lol:

I'm sorry, but 4 years from now Melo will be early 30's, maybe 280 pounds and cost 20+ mil a year. Sorry, but I'm not excited about that, at all. The thought of him switching to power forward and a slimmer Kevin Love playing Small Forward does not amuse me. Call me crazy.

I don't think the Lakers can even bank on going after Kevin Love if they want to sign Melo now. It'd have to be S&T.

So if the Lakers are still gonna go after Melo, we'd better be happy with Kobe, Melo & the draft pick.

When Kobe comes off the books, then what? Try to team Melo with KD (same position) or Westbrook (Melo + Russ??) Those two would rather stay together than that.

I just don't see a future in Melo at all, any way the other factors play out.

I know that Love would lead the league in rebounding by a WIDE margin playin next to Melo tho.

Dude would put up Wilt numbers in terms of rebounding.

Championships too. :lol: :\

Either Sac or Utah wins a game tonight (they play each other)

We are currently a half game from last in the West. :pimp:

Problem is, the Celtics are still in front of us. :smh:

And only the Bucks and Magic are really out of reach. Although, they will start playing lesser East teams soon, hopefully that helps.

nash has a tweaked back? how he tweak it rocking his chair back and fourth
mean.gif
do better

We should just sign The Professor for laughs. At this point I wouldn't even be mad.

Reading an article on Nash tweaking his back...

"I'm fine," said Nash, who felt something in his back when he got out of bed Monday morning."

roll.gif
    He is too damn old.

Last edited:
Nash is done. Our season is done. Good things about this season for me are the black unis, that Xavier Henry poster, beating Boston in Boston and Cedric Ceballos tweeting me back! :smokin

Sigh.
Go Lakers!

I wonder if there's enough time this season to capture that spirit and fun from early December when all but Kobe/Nash were healthy

Nash is done. Our season is done. Good things about this season for me are the black unis, that Xavier Henry poster, beating Boston in Boston and Cedric Ceballos tweeting me back! :smokin

Sigh.
Go Lakers!

Nash actually is playing next week.

That's from Nash, and the Lakers

Last edited:
roll.gif

caption contest...

"tells d'antoni my back hurts, he tells me to soak my feet in salt water"

"got bit by a stingray during practice, scheduled to play next week" 

Back
Top Bottom