[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Pau has been dead to me for about 2 years now...
When I hear people talk about him it's in one ear, out the other.

He just doesn't exist to me. Hate isn't even the word I have for him

t5ZFZbq.jpg

49PzuCM.png

#DatMass

Edit:

On ESPN tonight:
7 ET Kansas vs Iowa State
9 ET Duke vs Clemson

Last edited:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 3m
You cannot go wrong in the first five picks. You just can't.

Only way we can is if we have to take a PF, knowing a certain PF would be coming here a year later. :\

We need Wiggins. Damn it, we need that ******* #1 pick. He's starting to pull away and move past Jabari and Embiid.

lakers need to stay away from embiid and those back problems.

welp. okc got its revenge. wanted jodie to go for 50.

Hmm.

I still wouldn't take a big man. Looking in the recent past you see Hasheem thabeet, Darko, Kwame, Oden, Olawakandi, Bargani,

I'd even put roy hibbert on that list. Dude is buns imo.

All these guys were supposed to be good, but ended up sucking.

iono.

what do you guys think?

I think you have to go

1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. Exum
4. Embiid
5. Smart
6. Randle

After that, you go based on who you think fits right now.

Last edited:
what about top 5 big men who did not turn out to be busts?

ad
jonas
dmc
blake
love
horford (even if hes out this season)
lma
bogut
dwert

and Hibbert isnt buns

Last edited:
Something interesting Steve Kyler floated was with Rockets pursuing Melo, they will need to dump contracts (Lin, Asik and a young guy or two). I'm against that because I know what the Rockets end game is.

But it brings up something interesting the Lakers SHOULD do. Is eat up expiring contracts for teams trying to create cap space.

For example, last year when the Warriors were looking to get the cap space to sign Iguodala, the Jazz got:

Richard Jefferson, Andris Biendris, Brandon Rush, 2014-1st, 2016- 2nd, 2017 - 1st, 2017 - 2nd from the Warriors, cash & 2018 - 2nd from the Nuggets.. They got rid of Randy Foye and Kevin Murphy.

Bogut Dwight dmc horford are the only centers on that list.

I mean if you go back in history big men are great, Kareem, wilt, Mikan, shaq, olajuwan.

But there's something about embiid that doesn't seem right. Hes already hurt, doesn't seem like he runs right. Runs sorta like yao Ming did.

He's fluid in his moves but I definitely wouldn't draft him if I were the Lakers.

And hibbert sucks.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I still wouldn't take a big man. Looking in the recent past you see Hasheem thabeet, Darko, Kwame, Oden, Olawakandi, Bargani,

I'd even put roy hibbert on that list. Dude is buns imo.

All these guys were supposed to be good, but ended up sucking.

iono.

what do you guys think?
You could add bynum to that list too. 

Plus if Mike D is still the coach, theres no need for a center let alone a young big who will have to be part of the team for the foreseeable future.

i think if embiid slides to wherever we are slotted at, you shop the pick to a team who needs a big. 

Bogut Dwight dmc horford are the only centers on that list.

I mean if you go back in history big men are great, Kareem, wilt, Mikan, shaq, olajuwan.

But there's something about embiid that doesn't seem right. Hes already hurt, doesn't seem like he runs right. Runs sorta like yao Ming did.

He's fluid in his moves but I definitely wouldn't draft him if I were the Lakers.

And hibbert sucks.

dude are u kidding me..... he runs like Yao :rolleyes

I don't want any piece of wiggins he has Reke/Gay written all over him.... doesn't have a defined offensive game and lacks a motor to get it done. Only reason he's being considered is because of supreme athleticism & the HS comparisons to lebron which were completely ridiculous from jump.

And There is no way dantoni is staying past this season... dude will completely stump the progress of any young player we pick up, he's unsupportive of his players, he's arrogant, and he has a history of focusing very little on defense..... why would you want a guy like that around Any of our rookies.

I'm takin Parker, Exum, Embiid & Randle over wiggins if we have the choice. Being passive anything does not work in the lights of L.A ESPECIALLY when your following one of the most aggressive guards in league history.

Last edited:
what about top 5 big men who did not turn out to be busts?

ad
jonas
dmc
blake
love
horford (even if hes out this season)
lma
bogut
dwert

and Hibbert isnt buns
hibbert is getting paid 14-15 mil and doesnt average a double double. While his presence helps defensively , his play has been lackluster. 

for the deal he got, he is buns. 

Deandre jordan (2nd round pick)  > Hibbert...this year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom