**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

clarkson is having the worst stretch of games i've ever seen from him.

luke's rotations remain to be sus. i'm not on the fire him train but they were getting killed by offense rebounds (albeit a lot of them were long rebounds) and he leaves nance in instead of plugging in bogut or lopez. and then brewer was left on the bench until the 4th when kuzma was clearly struggling and we needed a defensive spark/hustle and energy. just really bad decisions that leaves you scratching your head.

ugh.. my weekend momentum shafted. living/working overseas means i get to watch 1 maximum 2 laker gsmes live per week. stayed in on a Fri night to be up early enough on sat just to catch this bull****.

our top 3 draft pick on the way to join embiid/simmons/fultz or kyrie/hayward/tatum/brown/horford too.

Nothing positive can be taken from this game besides BI's play.

Just trash all around. Trash coaching, trash playing.

Horrible. I should have stayed in SD. At least my son enjoyed himself... 20180105_204825.jpg

No, they need 2 maxguys this summer. Otherwise everything Magic has done doesn't make sense and trading Dlo will look even dumber.

No, they need 2 maxguys this summer. Otherwise everything Magic has done doesn't make sense and trading Dlo will look even dumber.

Well magic is already on record saying they won’t spend it all this summer and will wait for 2019 if need be

When did Magic say that? All I heard was the lakers have cap space for 2 max free agents over and over again. All the players on the team know what the deal is.

Legit thought we’d win 35 this year, on pace for 24

This is painful

But hey, let them grow .

bruh sthu with the sarcastic letthemgrow remarks. if management actually commited to that idea then the team would be playing with the connectivity and chemistry that was evident early in the season. not saying they would be all world but theyve shown they could compete when on the same page.

theres enough blame to go all around but this is what happens when you treat players as assets instead of ppl and they know you aint got their best interest in mind.

Players have been treated like assets since professional sports was invented

Are you saying it suddenly dawned on the players in the past few weeks what the offseason plan was? Julius’ was not offered an extension before the season began ffs. Everyone knew the plan since Dlo was traded

“You might trade me so I’m not going to play hard” is not the type of players I want here, that’s hella weak

its hard to thrive when its this blatant. players inherently want to do well for themselves, and its easier to block the noise early in the season. Once the losses pile on and you know youre only expected to do well not because the team genuinely wants you to but because they want you to up your trade value to ship you out, thats a tough position to be in.

its hard to thrive when its this blatant. players inherently want to do well for themselves, and its easier to block the noise early in the season. Once the losses pile on and you know youre only expected to do well not because the team genuinely wants you to but because they want you to up your trade value to ship you out, thats a tough position to be in.

This is BS, Randle has been in trade rumors the last 2 seasons at least even before this regime got here. They need to be professionals cause if ain't in their own best interest to sulk cause that's going to deter other teams from wanting them. Not putting anything on management. This is on the players and the coach. They're capable of doing better we've seen it, the last couple weeks they've mailed it in on multiple occasions.

I agree these players are professionals and need to do their jobs, but it doesn't help when management is openly talking about gutting half the team in the offseason.

There is no GM in the league who goes around talking about the players he's going to sign in the upcoming offseason, that doesn't happen. The closest I can think of is Morey but that's different cuz the team is good and he's always talking about different ways to improve the teams.

like i said, theres plenty of blame to go around.

Management could have been more professional and kept their current plan without openly parading it to protect their current players' psyche and keep them motivated, but they didnt. They didnt have to, but would have been nice if they did.

Players could have been more professional and play with 100% effort and focus even if they know theyre not part of the current plan going forward. They didnt have to, but would have been nice if they did.

Coaching staff not helping by being clueless with rotations.

to sum it all up all sides have a hand in the mess, but management started the ball.

So what the management wants to make the team better, is that why they're playing so piss poor as of late? To sabotage any chances of anyone wanting too come here. Therefore ensuring they'll stay. Bold strategy cotton, we'll see how it works out for them.

them holding back julius minutes for a better contract is going overboard though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom