Lakers vs. Celtics: Which Is the Greatest NBA Franchise?

of the modern era, Lakers.

celtics in the 60s played the same team 8-12 times a season, and how many teams were there, only a handful.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^okay... Lakers have Phil, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, JERRY WEST... really not even close

laugh.gif
at not even close.

It's close either way.
you're right, i shouldn't have said not even close. but still, i think the Lakers have the advantage in that one.

1. Los Angeles Lakers (.618) 58 seasons
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
missed the playoffs only 5 times i believe..
2. San Antonio Spurs (.595) 32 seasons
3. Boston Celtics (.587)
4. Phoenix Suns (.556)
5. Utah Jazz (.538)
6. Milwaukee Bucks (.532)
7. Seattle Supersonics (.531)
8. Philadelphia 76ers (.528)
9. Portland Trailblazers (.528)
10. Chicago Bulls (.512)

The Celtics. Last time I checked, 17 was of higher value than 14.

And you can throw out all that stuff about highest winning %, most times in the playoffs, hottest cheerleaders, most metrosexual haircuts on the team, etc. Winning championships and raising banners is what it's all about. Ask any fan of any sport what they'd rather have for their team - the mostchampionships or having the highest winning % in the regular season.
laugh.gif

17 > 14

They also have the highest winning percentage in not only the NBA, but in all three of the major sports in the U.S. with a .617 winning percentage.
Did anyone else catch this? I like the jab at the NHL.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ill4eva

The Celtics. Last time I checked, 17 was of higher value than 14.

And you can throw out all that stuff about highest winning %, most times in the playoffs, hottest cheerleaders, most metrosexual haircuts on the team, etc. Winning championships and raising banners is what it's all about. Ask any fan of any sport what they'd rather have for their team - the most championships or having the highest winning % in the regular season.
laugh.gif

17 > 14
You're right.

The Celtics > Michael Jordan.

And it's not even close.

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

They also have the highest winning percentage in not only the NBA, but in all three of the major sports in the U.S. with a .617 winning percentage.
Did anyone else catch this? I like the jab at the NHL.
laugh.gif

dude this is nt half of the sports section hates baseball and hockey.

well the argument of 17>14 is good, the era in which many of the Celtics championships came is different. The Lakers are the modern greatest franchise,while before the 70's it would be the Celtics. Lakers have a good consistency and have been to the playoffs more. Winning a championship is everything butwinning in the past is different then the modern era. Less teams existed meaning there were more chances for good teams to win in the early nba. With all thatsaid I am biased, but i would go with the Lakers.

This will not end well
laugh.gif

Thought that as soon as i read the title.

That said.... I would go with Boston... and i'm FROM L.A.... born and raised.

We have rose colored glasses because of Magic & showtime.

If anything it's 1a. Boston and 1b. Los Angeles in my opinion

I love my Lakers and despise the Celtics... but I admit as of now.... Boston is the more succesful franchise.. we gaining on them though!

I think we've had the 'cooler' players though
laugh.gif
Andboston got more of the gym-rat type players

I will say that making the playoffs in 56 out of 61 years is incredible.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

1. Los Angeles Lakers (.618) 58 seasons
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
missed the playoffs only 5 times i believe..
2. San Antonio Spurs (.595) 32 seasons
3. Boston Celtics (.587)
4. Phoenix Suns (.556)
5. Utah Jazz (.538)
6. Milwaukee Bucks (.532)
7. Seattle Supersonics (.531)
8. Philadelphia 76ers (.528)
9. Portland Trailblazers (.528)
10. Chicago Bulls (.512)
eek.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

All those emotions at once.

btw Celtics > Lakers.

Less teams existed meaning there were more chances for good teams to win in the early nba.
My homer response to that is that every game was tougher back then. Look at how many bad teams there are today. Let's say we contracted theBobcats, Raptors, Wizards, Warriors, T-Wolves, Grizzlies, Clippers, Thunder, and Kings and spread their players to all the other teams. Suddenly there are nomore easy games. Every game is against the best of the best. The league is a lot more watered down nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom