landloard/neighbor help

Living on a college campus and both of my neighbors are families. 

They call the cops and my landlord on my roommates and I for having a small get together with some people (less than 10 people) 

We received 2 5 day eviction notices already and its only been 2 months. 

anyone know my options as far as breaking a lease?

or handing it over?

subleasing?

any help would be great. thanks nt

LANDLOARD/NEIGHBOR HELP

You have to tell the landlord that you want to break the lease and then tell him that you will find someone to take over the lease. If he says that's ok then you should be good. If not then there's no way you can break it.

Landlord* Neighbor*

Last edited:
You received not one, but TWO eviction notices and you didn't clean up your act? Oh well. 

Dont leave till the Sheriff department gets you out

Live a couple months free

College stuff

You received not one, but TWO eviction notices and you didn't clean up your act? Oh well. 
nah bruh they are like the 5 day/eviction notice. its not the same thing as getting evicted. you have 5 day time span to do what needs to be done(pay rent if that be the case). in this case there was nothing that needs to be done. 

5 day eviction notice sounds like your getting evicted.
Sounds like you need to find a new place to live.

as a landlord myself, i know firsthand that you, as the tenant, have more power than the landlord does.

the only way for him to evict you is if there are actual charges stemming from noise complaints, and it would need to be more than two.

if he really wants to play hardball, tell him you're going to stop paying the rent if he continues to pester you with his "5 day eviction notices", which i believe is what your landlord calls a "notice to quit and vacate".

bottom line is, a landlord can't evict you legally for a "noise complaint" if you do not get arrested or fined by police. otherwise, a landlord would be able to "evict" any tenant that they didn't like based on "noise complaints".

Back
Top Bottom