Laney 14 dropping as a quickstrike Vol coming soon

In pix these look awesome but in person they are meh

Idk what I'm gonna do with my pair

GOT MY PAIR DELIVERED FROM THE JJ RESTOCK TODAY.. HAVENT OPENED UP THE BOX SINCE IM AT WORK THOUGH

I came home to pick up my deliveries Thursday and neither pair was there, and UPS said they delivered them. i have had tons of ups/nike orders delivered to my address over the years with no issue, and of course i finally get lucky for retail on a shoe I've been waiting forever for and they f*ck up delivery or they were stolen. all the necessary claims have been filed, but it sucks that I'm out the time, and the kicks b/c chances are they won't find the packages. i had been cutting back b/c of the limits of grabbing anything these days with bots and waiting in line pages but i think i am officially done for a while... even with a potential refund this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... I'm not going to be one of those leaving the game types, i'm just not going to the extent i've gone the last 3 years just to get an overpriced pair of shoes. please excuse my rant - i am 99/100 times only positive on this board...

I came home to pick up my deliveries Thursday and neither pair was there, and UPS said they delivered them. i have had tons of ups/nike orders delivered to my address over the years with no issue, and of course i finally get lucky for retail on a shoe I've been waiting forever for and they f*ck up delivery or they were stolen. all the necessary claims have been filed, but it sucks that I'm out the time, and the kicks b/c chances are they won't find the packages. i had been cutting back b/c of the limits of grabbing anything these days with bots and waiting in line pages but i think i am officially done for a while... even with a potential refund this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... I'm not going to be one of those leaving the game types, i'm just not going to the extent i've gone the last 3 years just to get an overpriced pair of shoes. please excuse my rant - i am 99/100 times only positive on this board...
did you ask UPS who signed for the packages? i think there is signature required to deliver. the driver is not allowed to just leave it. you will win whatever claim u file with UPS based solely on the fact that the driver left the packages without your signature. anything else, does not matter.

I've been watching reviews of these shoes online and people are constantly hating on the sneakers because the blue part isn't suede like the OG's?? Son wtf I had these as a younging in men size and I swear they were nubuck back in the day like they are now

Here's a few pics I gathered of eBay

OG in DS condition
View media item 1746092
Retro in DS condition
View media item 1746096
Am I tripping or are the blue parts both nubuck?

Also same thing happened with the Bordeaux 7's this year with people saying the 2011 pair was better than the 2015 pair because of the shoe shape and because the 2011 pair had nubuck on the grey paneling and toecap.... How is that better when the OG Bordeaux were durabuck just like the 15 retro?? And the toebox on the 15 is closer the OG mold?
Cats need to make up there mind on stuff

did you ask UPS who signed for the packages? i think there is signature required to deliver. the driver is not allowed to just leave it. you will win whatever claim u file with UPS based solely on the fact that the driver left the packages without your signature. anything else, does not matter.
UPS does not require a signature on ground items

I've been watching reviews of these shoes online and people are constantly hating on the sneakers because the blue part isn't suede like the OG's?? Son wtf I had these as a younging in men size and I swear they were nubuck back in the day like they are now

Here's a few pics I gathered of eBay

OG in DS condition

Retro in DS condition

Am I tripping or are the blue parts both nubuck?

Also same thing happened with the Bordeaux 7's this year with people saying the 2011 pair was better than the 2015 pair because of the shoe shape and because the 2011 pair had nubuck on the grey paneling and toecap.... How is that better when the OG Bordeaux were durabuck just like the 15 retro?? And the toebox on the 15 is closer the OG mold?
Cats need to make up there mind on stuff
i think the top complaint about the "remastered" bordeaux 7s, is that crazyass speedbump on the toebox. looked ridiculous. people couldnt comprehend how jordan could get it right on the hares, and then get it wrong on the bordeaux.

UPS does not require a signature on ground items
all the shoes ive ordered from the multitude of known main shoe sites, have signature requirement i believe. i set it up so I get this email, and others for my packages that are comming. And ive always remembered seeing the signature requirement at the top.

Last edited:

all the shoes ive ordered from the multitude of known main shoe sites, have signature requirement i believe.
I'm just telling you my experience, i only order through finish line or nike, and they never require signature. I don't know if its state by state, or with an implied dollar value its automatic, but i've only had to sign once and that was with fedex through an ebay purchase i made. I would have loved to have to sign for these lol... would have saved me from all this bs

all the shoes ive ordered from the multitude of known main shoe sites, have signature requirement i believe.
I'm just telling you my experience, i only order through finish line or nike, and they never require signature. I don't know if its state by state, or with an implied dollar value its automatic, but i've only had to sign once and that was with fedex through an ebay purchase i made. I would have loved to have to sign for these lol... would have saved me from all this bs
i order through FNL, NDC, FTL, Champs, etc etc a lot. and if they ship through UPS, it always required signature. there was only 1 time that a package was just left at my backdoor. it was my teal 4s from NDC. i thought that was strange so i called UPS and asked why they just left it and they said sorry and confirmed that signature was required.

maybe its a hood by hood basis? i dont ever remembering just being able to pick up my package from my stoop. ive always had to either sign for it myself, or if i wasnt home my neighbor always had my permission to sign. a few times, the driver wouldnt let my neighbor sign and i had to sign for them myself at a UPS access point.

Last edited:
i think the top complaint about the "remastered" bordeaux 7s, is that crazyass speedbump on the toebox. looked ridiculous. people couldnt comprehend how jordan could get it right on the hares, and then get it wrong on the bordeaux.
Lol that toe cap is ridiculous, but as far as materials go and shape it was way closer to OG than the 2011 retro... And these laneys are pretty much spot on from what I can tell yet you here reviews calling them out on the materials for the blue part saying it should've been suede... I think these cats don't even know they're material... The Ferrari 14's are suede that's why it has that nappy look the OG laney 14's were always nubuck on the blue part and short haired suede on the toecap

Lol that toe cap is ridiculous, but as far as materials go and shape it was way closer to OG than the 2011 retro... And these laneys are pretty much spot on from what I can tell yet you here reviews calling them out on the materials for the blue part saying it should've been suede... I think these cats don't even know they're material... The Ferrari 14's are suede that's why it has that nappy look the OG laney 14's were always nubuck on the blue part and short haired suede on the toecap
i dont know about other people, but even i knew the laney blue material wasnt going to be the same as the ferraris. you can tell just by looking at pics. like you said, the ferraris had a nappy look if you look at pics closely.

i dont know about other people, but even i knew the laney blue material wasnt going to be the same as the ferraris. you can tell just by looking at pics. like you said, the ferraris had a nappy look if you look at pics closely.
Yea stuff is crazy dizzle I can't believe they actually thought these were gonna be suede... If your gonna review shoes take the onus to learn the materials

i order through FNL, NDC, FTL, Champs, etc etc a lot. and if they ship through UPS, it always required signature. there was only 1 time that a package was just left at my backdoor. it was my teal 4s from NDC. i thought that was strange so i called UPS and asked why they just left it and they said sorry and confirmed that signature was required.

maybe its a hood by hood basis? i dont ever remembering just being able to pick up my package from my stoop. ive always had to either sign for it myself, or if i wasnt home my neighbor always had my permission to sign. a few times, the driver wouldnt let my neighbor sign and i had to sign for them myself at a UPS access point.

My current location isn't upper middle...

I've never had FNL, FTL, East, Champs, Nike, Boutique's etc etc have never asked for signature unless I ask for it or very high like EVGA when I purchase GPUs over 1k. Other than that I've never had any place I purchase a shoe require a signature.
Sorry to say it but I think you've might have been swiped man, and knowing its shoes you know they don't have a back up size for you...
BTW go to a UPS pickup location and demand to see who signed for it so you can have maybe a hint... but at this point its long gone man. Might want to invest in a PO Box. I've had few of my amazon orders lately taken and its time to put a security cam up front and get a PO box.

I've never had FNL, FTL, East, Champs, Nike, Boutique's etc etc have never asked for signature unless I ask for it or very high like EVGA when I purchase GPUs over 1k. Other than that I've never had any place I purchase a shoe require a signature.
Sorry to say it but I think you've might have been swiped man, and knowing its shoes you know they don't have a back up size for you...
BTW go to a UPS pickup location and demand to see who signed for it so you can have maybe a hint... but at this point its long gone man. Might want to invest in a PO Box. I've had few of my amazon orders lately taken and its time to put a security cam up front and get a PO box.
agreed... it sucks that it has to come to that, neither Nike or UPS takes care of their customers anymore (please spare me the i got 10% off my next purchase bs replies) .... UPS in general terms have become so over-saturated with deliveries they spend very little time being careful and thoughtful anymore. the other problem is the constant turnover leads to new, inexperienced drivers who are forced to deliver too many packages in an extremely short window. My biggest gripe is if you aren't sure you have the correct address, don't leave the damn package.

agreed... it sucks that it has to come to that, neither Nike or UPS takes care of their customers anymore (please spare me the i got 10% off my next purchase bs replies) .... UPS in general terms have become so over-saturated with deliveries they spend very little time being careful and thoughtful anymore. the other problem is the constant turnover leads to new, inexperienced drivers who are forced to deliver too many packages in an extremely short window. My biggest gripe is if you aren't sure you have the correct address, don't leave the damn package.
if you ordered from NDC, call or chat with them. give them your order number and they should be able to tell you if the driver messed up and left it without signature. i would try to clarify with them whether it needed signature first. then go from there.

if it required signature, youre all set. either they just left it without getting a signature or they let the wrong unauthorized stranger sign for your package. either way UPS is gonna have to take the L and remedy it for you. you have to then ask them to show you who signed for it a stranger did sign for it. if it indeed didnt require signature...youve got a bit of an uphill battle.

Last edited:
UPS does not require a signature. I've ordered multiple times. Some people have it set that you require a signature but that's if you have it requested with Mychoice. It's up to the drivers discretion if they want to leave the package at your doorstep or take it. Mine was taken back to UPS once because someone wasn't there and the driver did not want to leave it at the door step

Back
Top Bottom