laptop question??

im planning on buying a new laptop this week. just for everyday use.
spending around 600-700.
any advice??
thanks in advance

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

DO NOT BUY A DELL! With the price range id say try an HP
Whats wrong with Dell's? I have one and its doing fine for me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Whats wrong with Dell's? I have one and its doing fine for me
pimp.gif

Ive owned one before, just don't like how it performs nowadays IMO

We really need some sort of sticky for laptop help. This topic comes up everyday. And I have a Dell Vostro 1520 and love it.

Do the EXACT opposite of what this poster said.

Sony is overpriced for sub par components. Speaking from my experience and the words of many on this board. My battery died within a year or so and my motherboard crapped out under normal use.

If you go with dell, try their latitude line or a higher end model with a aluminum chasis. I have a latitude e6400 and it's built like a tank. Asus is good, Toshiba is good, Lenovo is good.

I prefer business model laptops though, since it isn't preloaded with bloatware and other unwanted crap.

HP is ****tttt. Just stay away.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Do the EXACT opposite of what this poster said.
Seriously, my old laptop was an HP dv2000. The laptop itself got really hot and the internet stopped working. Apparently, the internet not working was a common manufacturer's defect. I had to buy one of those USB sticks so I could pick up the damn WiFi signal. There's something with the design for HP laptops that make it bad when it's trying to cool itself down. That's why their laptops tend to get really hot and some even overheat.

My current laptop is a Sony VPCCW26FX. I've been owning this laptop for about a month now. So far, I have no problems with it.

Do yourself a favor and just do a little more research when looking for a new laptop.

yea ive been lookin around. i just want some opinion from some NT'er.
any more good laptops

ya i just got dell too and im actually happy with it ... i thought i would never buy them consider im more for building my own systems ( desktops) and i normally use my girls laptop but having my own is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom