Laptops with Fingerprint Readers but no Bluetooth unappreciation

I'm shopping sub-$1000 notebooks at sub 5lbs weight class and all of them somehow come with fingerprint readers but no bluetooth, that and 3+ gigs of RAMis all I ask. where did we go wrong here? I feel perfectly safe typing in a password but now I can't connect my mouse?

This sucks.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] USB Adapter 2.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
ALLGrey.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
TabLtCALLGrey.gif
[/td] [td]
ALLGrey.gif
[/td] [td]
ALLGrey.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
ALLGrey.gif
[/td] [td]
ALLGrey.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
K33348-17805.jpg
[table][tr][td] [img]http://us.kensington.com/images/ALL_emailAFriend.gif[/img] [img]http://us.kensington.com/images/ALL_viewLargerImg.gif[/img]
ALL_noPhotoshowroom.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ktgUKCatLTOwnGuide.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
ktgALLTabRelatedLinksBot.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] idea: Add Wireless Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] Capability To Your Notebook Computer
Add Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] v2.0 wireless to your Windows[emoji]174[/emoji] XP or Mac[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X notebook easily. The Kensington Bluetooth USB 2.0 adaptor gives you enhanced speed, security and reliability for your favorite Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] devices.

*Actual product shape and size may vary slightly.
[table][tr][td] Model number: K33348
Price: $29.99

[/td] [td]
logo_winXP.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table]Features
  • Works with most Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] v1.1, v1.2 and v2.0-compatible devices, including cell phones, PDAs, printers, mice, keyboards and more
  • Provides secure encrypted wireless networking
  • Enhanced data rate delivers transmission speeds up to 3X faster than Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] v1.2
  • Enhanced data Smart power management consumes as little as 1/5 the battery power of Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] v1.2
Specifications
  • PC/MAC compatible
  • Links up to 7 devices
  • USB port
System Requirements
PC or compatible computer running Windows[emoji]174[/emoji] XP or later, or Macintosh[emoji]174[/emoji] OS X 10.2.6 or later, available USB 2.0 or 1.1 port. Compatible with Bluetooth[emoji]174[/emoji] v1.1, v1.2, v2.0 enabled devices.

Dimensions
2.0"L X 0.25"H X 0.75"W
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
First hit on google.

Man i bought the bluetooth minicard for my laptop for 18 bucks on ebay, don't let that stop you. (make sure you have available slots though)

^ all the new macbooks seem to have bluetooth standard. but I need windows because more than likely I'll be using software licensed to the school (may bePC only don't know), or a straight copy. I'll probably end up with a Dell Studio, all of those you can customize and add bluetooth for $25 built in.

i have bluetooth adapters for everything. but I hate those. I'm buying this thing for mobility I don't want to have to be plugging in a damn dongle andsync it everytime

Back
Top Bottom