LAST MINUTE FLIGHTS QUESTION

dland24

Supporter
Joined Nov 18, 2007
Does anyone have experience with trying to get last minute flights for a really, really good price? For instance, I decide that I want to go to Hawaii tonight.How would I go about trying to jump on a not full flight for a substantially reduced rate?

I know this is possible and done by some. Does anyone have any info? Any response would be appreciated.

Joined Dec 26, 2002
Call the airline directly. Expedia and these other online sites have a time limit as to how close to the departure time you can buy them. Expedia won't letyou buy them if the flight is less than 6 hours away.

Sometimes you'll get good rates, sometimes you wont. My mom and grandma had to leave to my great aunt's funeral. I managed to buy tickets to Mexico forabout $375 just a few hours before the flight was suppose to leave. (for my mom). Then when I went to buy my grandma's ticket a few minutes later, itwouldn't let me. I called up Delta and got her ticket for $275, they didn't have a senior citizen discount either so my grandma ended up spending $100less for her ticket.

Joined Dec 6, 2006
priceline has a service called name your own price... its good cause you can get good deals, but the only thing is that your flight is anywhere between 6amand 10pm. its a great option if you wanna go last minute and have nowhere to be.. if you gotta be somewhere at 5pm though, its a big risk. the only way youcan guarantee youll make your time if you have one is if you go a day in advance. you wont get your flight times til your billed, so you cant back out ifyoure unhappy. definitely an option though for the last minute.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now