Lawless (2012)-Trailer- Shia Lebeouf,Gary Oldman,Tom Hardy

Reviews have been mixed to positive, I'll still check it out if only for Chastain, Oldman, and Hardy.

The cast assembled for this flick is amazing. I can't wait to see it. Tom Hardy is a great actor. He pours himself into every role. Guy Pearce is an under appreciated actor IMO. If you guys liked this flick check out the first movie Nick Cave wrote called The Proposition staring Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, & Danny Huston.

Just got back from seeing it.. and I kept thinking before it started how I really  wanted it to be good, and I worried that would affect my viewing. In short, there was great action and violence, loved the soundtrack, atmosphere, and cinematography, and strong performances by Hardy, Shia (who I tend to dislike), and Pearce (who was amazing). Not enough Oldman, I expected more unfortunately. 

Having said that, it wasn't great. I forget what review or blurb I read that said it's a movie that bridges the gap between the Hollywood summer season and the start of the awards season. It wasn't non-stop action that could be your summer tentpole (and I'm glad for it).. but it also didn't have the nuance and seamlessness you'd expect from a best picture/best of the year caliber movie either. Maybe that's a good thing.. gives you a good amount of both and I think I could see myself watching it all the time when it gets to Blu-Ray and the cable movie channels. 

I need to think about it more.. but overall I really liked it. 7.5/10 for now. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what was missing.. but I just know that something was. 

Also.. Chastain was nude. I change my mind, 10/10

Movie was ok. It dragged at times and didn't have enough action. Hardy and Shia were great. So was the third brother but I can't remember his name.

The last 10-15 minutes of the film really upset me. This movie is stated to be based on a true story but some of that wasn't even true and was just added for the movie.

Lol BigJ, my sentiments.

I've met her twice and she's just as great in person.
I read somewhere online that she and Tom Hardy found, rescued, and adopted a stray dog during the production.

As if they weren't awesome enough. 

And I've seen all her movies.. she's an automatic watch in any movie from now on.

Back
Top Bottom