Lawmaker proposes energy drink ban for anyone under 19 Vol. Too Far

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

So, let me get this straight...An 18 year old can buy cigarettes, throw their money away on lottery tickets, and die for our country...

...but let them get caught with an energy drink and they get punished?

I'm sorry, but I'm done with this country.
roll.gif

eek.gif

So, let me get this straight...An 18 year old can buy cigarettes, throw their money away on lottery tickets, and die for our country...

roll.gif

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

roll.gif

eek.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif
nerd.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Banning the sale of something on the grounds of safety is fine, provided there is legitimate reason for concern.  I have to ask if the concern stems from the perceived popularity of "energy drinks" and the fact that some individuals abuse them or if it derives from real, medically justifiable safety issues. 

If the concern is because they're popular and sometimes abused, that is not a problem with the product and if you can attack them legislatively on these grounds then you should similarly consider legally banning the sale of anything that is popular and abused by some individuals (you know, like alcohol?).

If the issue is one of safety, one has to have a higher threshold for proof than noticing some individuals who drink a lot of caffienated energy drinks.  Because if that is all it takes for some nitwit propose legislation banning their sale - and apparently it is - then Starbucks better start watching their back. 
That's what im saying, where does it end? i know more kids that age that "abuse" Starbucks more than energy drinks, are they gunna start requiring them to card you for cofee too?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Banning the sale of something on the grounds of safety is fine, provided there is legitimate reason for concern.  I have to ask if the concern stems from the perceived popularity of "energy drinks" and the fact that some individuals abuse them or if it derives from real, medically justifiable safety issues. 

If the concern is because they're popular and sometimes abused, that is not a problem with the product and if you can attack them legislatively on these grounds then you should similarly consider legally banning the sale of anything that is popular and abused by some individuals (you know, like alcohol?).

If the issue is one of safety, one has to have a higher threshold for proof than noticing some individuals who drink a lot of caffienated energy drinks.  Because if that is all it takes for some nitwit propose legislation banning their sale - and apparently it is - then Starbucks better start watching their back. 
That's what im saying, where does it end? i know more kids that age that "abuse" Starbucks more than energy drinks, are they gunna start requiring them to card you for cofee too?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Men can't marry here either Sol

roll.gif

Men can't marry here either Sol

I don't think the energy drink age limit is a good idea. I'd rather have them force them to educate people on the dangers, more regulation also. I mean a teen can still buy coffee and load that up with sugar, or they can buy starbucks coffee or something, if it's not energy drinks, it's something else. I would never drink the stuff, but I have a 11 year old cousin that downs 6 packs of red bull, a lot of young people just aren't eating healthy these days.

I don't think the energy drink age limit is a good idea. I'd rather have them force them to educate people on the dangers, more regulation also. I mean a teen can still buy coffee and load that up with sugar, or they can buy starbucks coffee or something, if it's not energy drinks, it's something else. I would never drink the stuff, but I have a 11 year old cousin that downs 6 packs of red bull, a lot of young people just aren't eating healthy these days.

i drink 2 of the sugar free :nerd:z redbulls a day because they are 2 for 3.50.  i'm good. 

i drink 2 of the sugar free :nerd:z redbulls a day because they are 2 for 3.50.  i'm good. 

I drink a Low-Carb Monster in the mornings where I've had only like 2 or 3 hours of sleep because of studying. Energy drinks are harmless if you drink one. Now they should advocate the health risks of continued drinking (Obesity, high sugar, diabetes, heart palpitations) like they already do (Monster's can says don't drink more than 3 a day), but seriously they're harmless in moderation.

You might be able to argue the same thing for Advil and Nyquil. They say not to take more than what's needed, but who's stopping who from doing that? Does it make sense to ban that as well?

I drink a Low-Carb Monster in the mornings where I've had only like 2 or 3 hours of sleep because of studying. Energy drinks are harmless if you drink one. Now they should advocate the health risks of continued drinking (Obesity, high sugar, diabetes, heart palpitations) like they already do (Monster's can says don't drink more than 3 a day), but seriously they're harmless in moderation.

You might be able to argue the same thing for Advil and Nyquil. They say not to take more than what's needed, but who's stopping who from doing that? Does it make sense to ban that as well?

roll.gif

eek.gif
Don't get caught pissing, jay walking, or littering either.
Fines (in my city)

$250 - jay walking

$250 - flicking your cig but on the ground

$500 pissing in a back ally

And yea, I've received all of the three.

roll.gif

eek.gif
Don't get caught pissing, jay walking, or littering either.
Fines (in my city)

$250 - jay walking

$250 - flicking your cig but on the ground

$500 pissing in a back ally

And yea, I've received all of the three.

Back
Top Bottom