LAX bro's at College. Vol. #&*@ YOU....

Connecticut, mainly New Canaan, Greenwhich, Darien, and all of Fairfield county. Lax Central, baseball is afterthought here

Just to play devil's advocate, if someone were to make a post about basketball players and just replaced the slang and jokes, then people would be up in arms.

You're only speaking from a small personal experience, at my school the football team usually are the biggest jerks on campus. I once walked past the entire offensive line yelling at and insulting random kids who were near them. Meanwhile, all of the lacrosse kids have been real cool, don't take themselves too seriously, and never start problems.

Bringing their sticks around is the same as bringing a football or basketball, it's really not that different.

My cousin played with one of the best lacrosse players in the nation when he was in high school.
Mustve been in 2003, he was from San Diego.

Cool rant, bro. 
glasses.gif

Joking, but I feel you.  There's a few of those type of dudes up my way, I don't mind them though.

How could you hate bros/laxbros/hockey bros? C'mon bro we just party, pack lips, and chill. No hate neccessary.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

Comming from someone who live on Long Island, it's like the mecca of Lacrosse, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Sport is fairly easy to be good at too.

the mecca of lacrosse would be upstate ny. 
nope.

maryland_flag.jpg

you don't know what a "lax bro" is until you meet the rich white kids from Baltimore-area private schools.

Maryland the Mecca?

laugh.gif

Everyone does this now though...if you live somewhere like Maryland, NY, LI people trying to copy ultimate lax bro

I live in Westchester, and Long Island and used to have a house in Potomac, MD.  MD Lax bros are a pretty elite breed i gotta say.

yeah i went to prep school in MA and then CT the one in CT had a great lax program and our best players were usually from the mid-atlantic region......usually maryland.

they take it really seriously.

anyway.....whatever, who cares how they talk or dress. some are douches, some aren't, just like any other group of people.

you could make the same post about fraternity brothers, basketball players, etc. etc.

Maryland is where the pretenders are whose parents couldnt afford to send them to the good boarding schools in New England, peasantry at its finest.

So what, there are people like that, just like there are idiots who tune there cars, collect shoes and play video games.

stereotypes all come from somewhere.

Long Island isnt where its at...Greenwich, CT...what up.

I made a post like this a while back stating the same thing. personally... I can't stand the sport. It's a cheap mimicry of real sports, the ONLY true sports I can respect are baseball, soccer, football, and basketball. All that other crap... nah. 

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by Club29

i was always friends with many of the lax players.

they're ok

Hmmm, doesn't surprise me
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I will co-sign with OP on this point!! Same goes with some of the hockey players

Being a former collegiate athlete, our LAX team did not do this at all. Most of the guys were the same average guy, just looking to always have a good time, smashing broads and drinking beers.

You're generalizing. Which is always a dangerous thing.

If they haven't done anything to you personally, what would your problem be?

Originally Posted by wildcard

I made a post like this a while back stating the same thing. personally... I can't stand the sport. It's a cheap mimicry of real sports, the ONLY true sports I can respect are baseball, soccer, football, and basketball. All that other crap... nah. 

How could it be a cheap mimicry when it existed before many of the sports you mentioned? And what would make any one sport more "real" than another? 

Some of you say some incredibly moronic things from time to time........

I get the feeling some cats in here have been hazed something terrible my Lacrosse players. So I can understand why you'd be mad. 

this site is full of a bunch of Beta Males, which is exactly why the OP ran online and made a post complaining.

i wish i could haze you all.

Originally Posted by illphillip

How could it be a cheap mimicry when it existed before many of the sports you mentioned? And what would make any one sport more "real" than another? 

I get the feeling some cats in here have been hazed something terrible my Lacrosse players. So I can understand why you'd be mad. 
FANS. Is what makes some more "real than others" and you talk about hazing. who the $#$% gets hazed by lax players. I'd shove their own stick up there $#@#. I personally can't stand baseball or soccer, but i'm willing to recognize them as legit sports because of there following and originality. Lacrosse is a joke, and I guarantee if you took any good football or basketball player and paid them to play lacrosse (because they'd never do it if they weren't) they'd easily be superstars at the easy joke of a sport. It's been known fact that people who aren't good enough to play other sports go to crap like lacrosse and wrestling. There's a reason that sports like lacrosse suck professionally-wise...

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

this site is full of a bunch of Beta Males, which is exactly why the OP ran online and made a post complaining.

it just boggles my mind how cool you are!

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Bwahahahaha.

FANS. Is what makes some more "real than others" and you talk about hazing. who the $#$% gets hazed by lax players. I'd shove their own stick up there $#@#. I personally can't stand baseball or soccer, but i'm willing to recognize them as legit sports because of there following and originality. Lacrosse is a joke, and I guarantee if you took any good football or basketball player and paid them to play lacrosse (because they'd never do it if they weren't) they'd easily be superstars at the easy joke of a sport. It's been known fact that people who aren't good enough to play other sports go to crap like lacrosse and wrestling. There's a reason that sports like lacrosse suck professionally-wise...
tell em why you mad

Originally Posted by needsomejays

tell em why you mad
I did

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Just to play devil's advocate, if someone were to make a post about basketball players and just replaced the slang and jokes, then people would be up in arms.

You're only speaking from a small personal experience, at my school the football team usually are the biggest jerks on campus. I once walked past the entire offensive line yelling at and insulting random kids who were near them. Meanwhile, all of the lacrosse kids have been real cool, don't take themselves too seriously, and never start problems.

Bringing their sticks around is the same as bringing a football or basketball, it's really not that different.

They're in the minority, then. Even Tom Wolfe knows lax bros can be douche bags.

Way to generalize. Here in the DMV a lot of the Lacrosse players are cool people and football/basketball players are a-holes particularly at the University of Maryland. I was at a bar the other day in college park and one football player was on the stage actin a fool like he owned the place.

i got a bunch of homies who are lax bros. but then again, its a westcoast school and its a club team. all the squad does is blow trees and not take themselves too seriously. they're good dudes. i can imagine though some d1 %$**%%++ on the east coast at some prep school thinking they run *%$#.

Back
Top Bottom