LC: Air Jordan 1 OG 2013 BRED ~ Real versus unknown comparison

I have a pair of authentic Size 9.5. The size didn't work out for me. So, I decided to pick up a size 10. Now, I am thinking that I picked up a fake/GM. Its hard to tell because there are no obvious signs other than the box size and and how the leather wrinkles. Here are some detailed pics. If any other pics are needed please let me know. Pretty much ready to give up on ever finding these if I get screwed.

Toe Box

Pink inner stitching

Black inner stitching

Wrinkles a lot 

Doesn't wrinkle as much

Lace bags are the same size, just the unknown 10 is not as well packed

Difference in box size which might be the dead give away.

1. Better shot of the wings logo on the 10 (full profile shot)
2. Shot of the "Nike Air" tongue tag on the 10
3. A side profile toebox shot of the 10. GM's usually have more of an inward slant versus a boxed toebox on the side profile.

surprisingly no widows peak, the size 10's are grey market though.

Last edited:
1. Better shot of the wings logo on the 10 (full profile shot)
2. Shot of the "Nike Air" tongue tag on the 10
3. A side profile toebox shot of the 10. GM's usually have more of an inward slant versus a boxed toebox on the side profile.
Will do as soon as I get home. Though I checked those things first and no difference whatsoever between the two so I didn't take pics.

surprisingly no widows peak...
Sorry a bit new here. What are those?

see on the back of the shoe on the right, the piece of leather that sticks up? usually it's on the heel tab, and sometimes in the middle of the toebox on GM pairs.

Missing on both pairs on mine. lol! I checked for those. I just didn't know what they were called.

There are different levels of fakes. GM's normally have the widows peaks, Fakes normally have no widows peaks, but wings logo placement of 2001 release and incorrect font on tongue tag.

UPC code is different

the leather ripples look good to me? how is the colour on the 10s, darker blood-like? cannot always be sure on perforations as some RD have similar

any stamps on the box and lets see a pic of under the insole + seperate pic of the insole itself

Back
Top Bottom