LC Jordan 11 Concords

Completely understand. I remember when we were talking last week you said you had been scammed before so being cautious will only help you.  Thank goodness the shoes have a distinct mark on the back and the box label was placed askew so that it would be easy to show that the shoes that you posted and the shoes that i have posted and had proven authentic multiple times are one in the same. hope that puts you at ease 
No doubt. Good info on the link provided. Thanks again.

Ok ill take this one on the chin.. I honestly dont think JD would sell you GMs so Im going to have to say I was wrong here. My bad OP...

Last edited:
Ok ill take this one on the chin.. I honestly dont think JD would sell you GMs so Im going to have I was wrong here. My bad OP...
No harm no foul. This just goes to show you that retail pairs and GM pairs may not be as different as we originally thought. This is why I'm so unwilling to accept things like PL cut, widows peaks, and points on the midsole as viable options to distinguish between the two types of shoes. This is one of the reasons we clash so many times Timmy haha. Although we may not share the same exact views on GM shoes, I have never bought a pair or plan on buying. I've been fortunate enough since 2000 to own a majority of the 11s that have been released.

LOL this is great stuff. I wonder how many other LCs we're thought to be unauthorized but are actually a RD pair. Thats why IMO unauthorized = authentic.

It's not about whether we consider them authentic or real. It's about identifying them properly so that things like this don't happen all the time. Not everyone is going to have the benefit and opportunity to find and defend their shoes on Nike Talk like I have. I've had plenty of 11s over the years from many of the production runs. I personally owned 3 pairs of the 2012 Concords, one from crooked tongues (UK store) and 2 from finish line. Quality wise every pair was different. The UK pair had a much more vibrantly blue sole much like some of the GM shoes we see today. All of them had varying patent leather heights. Shoe lace loops werent aligned. 2 pairs had jumpman jam tags that were t straight. Widows peaks everywhere. Crooked 23s with the stretched look. And rounded midsole points on the heel. It seems that older the boxes get the less apparent the embossing is because he said that it was off. I don't even think any analysis of the box should be done without another one there for reference. Not pointing Timmy out here but it seems like the LC is getting back into the habit of spot one "end all be all GM tells" (previously exclusive to the icy sole) and whether or not it's true they just rub down the typic list of "flaws" that everyone believes GM shoes have. I understand that GM shoes can come really bad sometimes, but if someone who knows his way around a GM shoe like Timmy can mislabel an authentic pair as GM , we need to reexamine how we tell shoes a part, and more importantly stop holding JB quality on such a high pedestal because obviously they may not authorize the production of GM shoes but as this LC seems to imply they def authorize the production of GM quality shoes.

It's not about whether we consider them authentic or real. It's about identifying them properly so that things like this don't happen all the time. Not everyone is going to have the benefit and opportunity to find and defend their shoes on Nike Talk like I have. I've had plenty of 11s over the years from many of the production runs. I personally owned 3 pairs of the 2012 Concords, one from crooked tongues (UK store) and 2 from finish line. Quality wise every pair was different. The UK pair had a much more vibrantly blue sole much like some of the GM shoes we see today. All of them had varying patent leather heights. Shoe lace loops werent aligned. 2 pairs had jumpman jam tags that were t straight. Widows peaks everywhere. Crooked 23s with the stretched look. And rounded midsole points on the heel. It seems that older the boxes get the less apparent the embossing is because he said that it was off. I don't even think any analysis of the box should be done without another one there for reference. Not pointing Timmy out here but it seems like the LC is getting back into the habit of spot one "end all be all GM tells" (previously exclusive to the icy sole) and whether or not it's true they just rub down the typic list of "flaws" that everyone believes GM shoes have. I understand that GM shoes can come really bad sometimes, but if someone who knows his way around a GM shoe like Timmy can mislabel an authentic pair as GM , we need to reexamine how we tell shoes a part, and more importantly stop holding JB quality on such a high pedestal because obviously they may not authorize the production of GM shoes but as this LC seems to imply they def authorize the production of GM quality shoes.
There is no way to be 1000% correct all of the time here guys.. Its not rocket science.. Sounds good in theory but its impossible..We are humans - we make mistakes..WE ALL DO..This is why you wait for other opinions right?..The people who make the shoes are human and they make mistakes too..OK i was wrong here.. Ill be the 1st to admit it. Am I not allowed to be wrong once or twice on this forum? I never claimed I was batting 1000 here.. Did I ever say I was the end all Concord legit checker.. NO.. First off OP posted sh*tty pix, it was much easier to see embossing etc in your pix. 2nd he bought them from a reputable guy from NT.. This info would have been very helpful in the LC. Why was this left out?. 3rd I wrote IMO many times on my comment bc i was initially on the fence. I feel my rep speaks for itself here.. Go back through all of my LCs I bet you can count the times ive actually been wrong with your fingers.. I would say thats not so bad.

1- box looks small and not embossed as it should be.

2- Concords didnt come with cardboard in the top of the collars

3- collars look undefined IMO, but hard to tell like this.

4- does not seem to be enough yellowing on sole IMO

5- rounded off heel is suspect as well.

6- PL cuts look off on the heel and not enough stitching IMO.

After seeing the cardboard in the collars that made me look a little TOO HARD at these I think..

Lastly OP my bad.. I take a lot of pride in my LCs here and I was wrong this time. I apologize.

LOL this is great stuff. I wonder how many other LCs we're thought to be unauthorized but are actually a RD pair. Thats why IMO unauthorized = authentic.
This happens maybe about 1/100+ times.. I think you should google the definition for authentic.. Then look at its antonyms(this means the opposite of) Unauthorized is one of those..

It is 1000000% not possible for something to be authentic but unauthorized. That is an oxymoron by english definition man. Its one thing to flub a LC but its another thing all together to try and change the english vocabulary... Thats is like saying wet but dry or a long short walk etc..It makes no sense.

There is no way to be 1000% correct all of the time here guys.. Its not rocket science.. Sounds good in theory but its impossible..We are humans - we make mistakes..WE ALL DO..This is why you wait for other opinions right?..The people who make the shoes are human and they make mistakes too..OK i was wrong here.. Ill be the 1st to admit it. Am I not allowed to be wrong once or twice on this forum? I never claimed I was batting 1000 here.. Did I ever say I was the end all Concord legit checker.. NO.. First off OP posted sh*tty pix, it was much easier to see embossing etc in your pix. 2nd he bought them from a reputable guy from NT.. This info would have been very helpful in the LC. Why was this left out?. 3rd I wrote IMO many times on my comment bc i was initially on the fence. I feel my rep speaks for itself here.. Go back through all of my LCs I bet you can count the times ive actually been wrong with your fingers.. I would say thats not so bad.

After seeing the cardboard in the collars that made me look a little TOO HARD at these I think..

Lastly OP my bad.. I take a lot of pride in my LCs here and I was wrong this time. I apologize.

Just to be clear I wasn't coming at you in particular. This was in general. Everyone should put as much focus as you and some others into the LCs. And if they can't they need to stay away from here. He probably didn't mention he got it from me cause he didn't know. I sell through ebay and my username here isn't the same as on eBay.

Last edited:
Just to be clear I wasn't coming at you in particular. This was in general. Everyone should put as much focus as you and some others into the LCs. And if they can't they need to stay away from here. He probably didn't mention he got it from me cause he didn't know. I sell through ebay and my username here isn't the same as on eBay.
Thats cool I didnt feel that way at all bro.. You know were NT fam for sure -your my boy BLUE! Thank you for the kind words as well. I do try my hardest to be thorough and I am a little disappointed in myself on this one.. oops..lol

Ahh i see.. Guess I was thinking you had your NT name in your listing or may have mentioned it to him or something..

100% dead on. Totally agree, its not as simple as some people think it is to spot unauthorized from authentic.

Last edited:

No problem man. If I knew I was buying from a reputable NT member, I definitely would have stated so to avoid any confusion, but I didn't know. 

Great post here...another thing I'd like to add HOWEVER.

You mention that a lot of common flaws we see in gm's is also apparent on RD pairs. BUT.....

The puffy collars is extremely common on GM pairs and the most telling flaw in my opinion...aside from obvious icy soles with no yellowing. The puffy collars can be seen from far away and you don't have to look too hard to see it. It doesn't happen with RD pairs. 

ALSO...the widows peaks you mention were on your shoes....let's see pics? You say they are all over the place. While my opinion is that RD pairs

never or VERY SELDOMLY have widows peaks due to their higher level of quality control...I WILL SAY THIS...

The widow's peaks you would show us...I can almost guarantee they'll be in random spots on the shoe. BUT WITH GM...the peaks are always in the very center of the shoe, if not other places in addition to the ones in the centerl. The times I've seen them on GM 11's, they were in the patent leather on the toebox near the tongue...right in the middle. Like dead center. Same with royal 1's...always in the very center of the back of the shoe. Two of them. One near the top, and another in the middle. But yeah....when I see widow's peaks right in the middle of any toe box, toe cap, or heal of the shoe....I'm almost certain they are GM immediately, which is later confirmed after inspecting the shoe further. A RD pair might have one widow's peak, while a GM pair will commonly have LOTS. But yeah....look for the ones in the center of the shoe, whether it's on the front or the back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom