Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Quote:
No such thing as racism without power. The thing yall think is racism by black folks is called PREJUDICE. Prejudice ONLY becomes racism when you have the "power" to stop or prevent others from doing/not doing something simply based off of your prejudices.
Lol are you trolling? The fact that you got 2 reps makes me think otherwise

Quote:
No such thing as racism without power. The thing yall think is racism by black folks is called PREJUDICE. Prejudice ONLY becomes racism when you have the "power" to stop or prevent others from doing/not doing something simply based off of your prejudices.
Lol are you trolling? The fact that you got 2 reps makes me think otherwise

Why does he have to be trolling? There's more than a handful of people that think that way, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's trolling. People do have different views on racism.

Why does he have to be trolling? There's more than a handful of people that think that way, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's trolling. People do have different views on racism.
Different views on it is fine, but there is only 1 definition though 
laugh.gif

people defending black racists are no better than the idiots that defend sterling. just because something is worse doesnt make the lesser evil okay or even worth defending. 

i always thought the black people cant be racist thing was a joke but its pretty sad that people actually think this way.

Well in all honesty, Black people have every moral right and justification to be "racists" towards white people. Just like Native Americans if that's the proper term....

Different views on it is fine, but there is only 1 definition though :lol:

As funny as you think it is, have you ever thought to yourself about who defined even that.................?

There's no peace without war

the fact people really believe this nonsense is extremely saddening
Yep. Violence and war will always breed more violence and war. The only time violence and war won't breed violence and war is when every single party is dead. You guys really want this planet to collapse? Stop believing stuff isn't possible. Stop buying what has been fed to you. Open yourselves to the big picture. The only way to bring change is to unite and keep pushing forward with love regardless of the obstacles present.

Well in all honesty, Black people have every moral right and justification to be "racists" towards white people. Just like Native Americans if that's the proper term....
As funny as you think it is, have you ever thought to yourself about who defined even that.................?
the ignorance is strong here.

I see racism in two ways:

The traditional personal prejudice that we all know, can be committed by any person. The second way i like to determine racism is how a group of people have benefitted from systems of racism.

Ergo the black community can totally be racist in the first sense, but not in the second because they've never benefitted from systems of racism.

I see racism in two ways:

The traditional personal prejudice that we all know, can be committed by any person. The second way i like to determine racism is how a group of people have benefitted from systems of racism.

Ergo the black community can totally be racist in the first sense, but not in the second because they've never benefitted from systems of racism.

This idea that black people can't benefit from "institutionalized racism" is irrelevant IMO. All we are saying is, black people can hate and discriminate based on race but because they have no power they cannot act on it. Think about that for a sec. It's basically saying if black people had any power they would be just as oppressive as whites which I do believe.

Can you clarify @LIONBLOOD?

Irrelevant in what sense? Like in this topic in general? Because it sounds like you agree with me...or maybe you can illuminate on how the black community can't be racist because of a lack of power ( I think that's what your saying) vs when I say the black community cannot be racist because they've been rejected any kind benefit from systemic racism.
I agree with you though if history would place any group in replacement with the white community's occupation of power in this country I'm sure we'd see similar end results in 2014. I was just trying to hope to clarify the 'blacks can't be racist' argument.

Realized i'm getting off thread topic, if you wanna continue this convo my man I'd love to via PM

just for the sake of entertaining it...

argue against it.

So I am white, have never been a racist person, nor been intentionally prejudice against another race, but any african american person has the right to be racist against me and discriminate me because my ancestors were of european descent? Even if they weren't racist themselves or in no way participated in the systematic discrimination of african americans, discrimination of me and my siblings is justified? You sir, are contributing more to racism than any person in my family. But I wish you well and my only hope for you is that you do not pass it on to further generations, thus perpetuating this unwarranted ignorance.

So I am white, have never been a racist person, nor been intentionally prejudice against another race, but any african american person has the right to be racist against me and discriminate me because my ancestors were of european descent? Even if they weren't racist themselves or in no way participated in the systematic discrimination of african americans, discrimination of me and my siblings is justified? You sir, are contributing more to racism than any person in my family. But I wish you well and my only hope for you is that you do not pass it on to further generations, thus perpetuating this unwarranted ignorance.
why are you entertaining the ignorance?

why are you entertaining the ignorance?
if no one tries to get the point across the world will remain ignorant 

i don't agree or disagree, just curious.
to counter that argument, white ppl that came after slavery ended still benefit from white privilege every day. regardless of whether or not you want to, just being in this country alone and being white pretty much puts you in a place where you participate, willingly or unwillingly.

whether it be the education system.
political system.
job market.
etc.

it doesn't mean that a black person "has the right" to be racist to a non black person in this country but someone saying that, "if anybody should it should be ____" is plausible IMHO considering the amount of ******** black ppl have to put up with just being black in this country.

it doesn't make it right. at all.

but the idea that ALL black ppl should turn the other cheek, especially to a group of ppl, regardless of race, that intentionally have historically blocked black people from progressing is ridiculous as well.

IMHO its plausible that some black ppl would be racists. black ppl being racists makes more sense to me than white ppl and non whites (but non blacks) being racists.

what would make a white person or a non white person in this country not like black ppl? now ask yourself what are some reasons as to why a black person would not like white ppl or non white ppl in this country?

*waits*

how many racists and those that are prejudiced that are white or just not black have personal experiences that have made them feel the way that they do towards black people? how many of these feelings came from things that have heard or have seen growing up within their families and circles of friends?

how many black people have been through situations of their own that could formulate a certain feeling towards white people and people of various races?

how many of you that are not black in this thread can tell a lot of stories about being discriminated against from say...EARLY childhood into adulthood?

vs. how many black people in this thread can point to a time where they were discriminated against, same criteria?

racism is not always blatant either. the fact that you grew up in a certain neighborhood or went to a certain school, have a certain job, etc. can all *possibly* be attributed towards institutionalized racism.

all i'm saying is that one should't easily dismiss the thoughts of a lot of black ppl feeling a certain way about white ppl and those that were ALLOWED to assimilate in this country.

personally, it feels like **** when someone that just moved 5 years ago to this country treats you like **** because thats what they got out of american culture on tv in their own country or thats the viewpoint that they've picked up because globally black ppl aren't viewed as ****.

let me break it down a lil further and a lil more personally...

my great gm was a maid, got her ged at 70
my gm was a maid, didn't finish the 8th grade
both obviously born and grew up before the civil rights movement
my mom was born before jim crow ended
my great gm was married, her husband died in her house...had a vein burst in his neck (there's a backstory obviously but its not relevant). the body was left in the house for my great gm and her daughters to clean up and get rid of since the police/paramedics couldn't be bothered to do that since he was black.
my great gm was pregnant and it still didn't matter.

my great gm would leave her daughters to work for over 12 hours a day, many states away to send money back to the oldest who was a teenager in order for them to survive after her husband passed away.

one of my family members was lynched.

i have no coat of arms and can't really trace my family tree back too far
my gm participated in sit ins
my mother can remember when mlk was shot and killed
my mother has been spit on and been called a ******.
my mother has been asked where her tail was.

and then there's me. i'm not too far removed from THAT. and i have my own experiences, some very recent, some not.

case in point, like last year or so i was called an fing ****** by some cowards in a speeding car as i was walking to mcdonalds. the other day a white mane and a white lady in a car sped up to try to hit me as i was crossing a parking lot to go to a grocery store. when i looked at them she just laughed at me.

its not plausible for me to be a racist?

now, i'm definitely not. i don't think like that. but its not plausible for me to feel a certain way that could easily lead towards racism if i was that type of person?

my own family's experience isn't unique at all but pretty common.

Last edited:
unless you have been called a fing ****** you don't know how much racism stings. i didn't even know what to say after that tbh. that ****** with me for awhile.

it does a lot to your self esteem when you realize this **** won't change. being a black male in the u.s. is hurtful sometimes. a lot of times.

ok i'm done but i just wanted to share that.

@debs 168   bringing up a very valid point of view and I think most people who are pro civil rights / racial equality should be able to understand or be moved by, no matter what race you are. 

Last edited:
^ bruh, i just watched a clip of her interview with Barbara Walters and this woman is atrocious. Seriously, her face was peeling on camera. :x

Back
Top Bottom