Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Listen to the full audio, he looked like he was setup and intoxicated.  Sterling seemed unhappy about something.  Listen in and comprehend the dialogue.  The media and the Clippers themselves are making a big fuss out of this.  It's obvious that he was set up.

But all this talk about boycotting games, being upset and all is even more childish.  Why do people let some comment affect them to that degree?  It's not like he had a full blown campaign against a certain race.  His comments were severely augmented to portray him as a racists.  His mistress skank is worst.

This world ain't perfect.  Prejudice, religious conflicts, race conflicts, etc. etc. exist.  Just chill out and move on.

Listen to the full audio, he looked like he was setup and intoxicated.  Sterling seemed unhappy about something.  Listen in and comprehend the dialogue.  The media and the Clippers themselves are making a big fuss out of this.  It's obvious that he was set up.

But all this talk about boycotting games, being upset and all is even more childish.  Why do people let some comment affect them to that degree?  It's not like he had a full blown campaign against a certain race.  His comments were severely augmented to portray him as a racists.  His mistress skank is worst.

This world ain't perfect.  Prejudice, religious conflicts, race conflicts, etc. etc. exist.  Just chill out and move on.
D. Sterling is that u :nerd:

4d8.gif

If you listened to the tape yes he's upset...because the "skank" as you put it has the nerve to be seen w/black people in public. He was not setup, he was RECORDED giving his honest opinions about enemy races as he called them. And you are very ignorant to the facts if you dont know the Sterling did in fact have a full blown campaign to discriminate against the minorities in his rental properties.

View media item 801079

just because you think you can live "free", because someone who is racist pays you big bucks, and to say "oh im not bothered, I can do whatever I want as long as my slave master pays me", you show no respect towards yourself.
If your life under your "slave master" is better than anyone in your position could achieve as an independent, how is wanting the best for yourself showing no respect? This reminds me of the guy who was saying living with roommates makes you less of a man.

In my post that was quoted, I explicit stated I would've been stashing away checks to do whatever I want whether he would continue to pay me or not. I would use the opportunity as I saw fit and walk away when I was no longer satisfied with the situation or was able to generate my own wealth with my money. I never said I would be permanently content.

You are taking both my post out of the context they were in AND belittling the term slave to mean less than it is. A slave doesn't have free will. If you're going to view it in that perspective, your a slave for anyone you work for. Anyone who works and still isn't making enough money to do what they desire is essentially a slave. We're all the new slaves to this consumerist society whether my boss is racist or not. 

Swallowing your pride for something that can't really affect you and furthers your goals is not disrespecting yourself. 
  1. "Accept suffering without retaliation for the sake of the cause to achieve the goal.  Self-chosen suffering is redemptive and helps the movement grow in a spiritual as well as a humanitarian dimension. The moral authority of voluntary suffering for a goal communicates the concern to one’s own friends and community as well as to the opponent."
That's from Dr. MLK Jr. himself!

Last edited:

View media item 941559

Those NBA players are so weak.. bunch of millionaires playing for a bigot/racist owner.. and YES they are playing for HIM.  he is the one making money off the clippers success..

Not gonna lie, I really don't understand why they would continue to play unless they're just trying to avoid getting sued over their contracts, which I would understand. Regardless of how they want to look at it, Sterling is still making money off of them and will continue to do so as long as they're wearing Clippers jerseys.

If your life under your "slave master" is better than anyone in your position could achieve as an independent, how is wanting the best for yourself showing no respect? This reminds me of the guy who was saying living with roommates makes you less of a man.

In my post that was quoted, I explicit stated I would've been stashing away checks to do whatever I want whether he would continue to pay me or not. I would use the opportunity as I saw fit and walk away when I was no longer satisfied with the situation or was able to generate my own wealth with my money. I never said I would be permanently content.

You are taking both my post out of the context they were in AND belittling the term slave to mean less than it is. A slave doesn't have free will. If you're going to view it in that perspective, your a slave for anyone you work for. Anyone who works and still isn't making enough money to do what they desire is essentially a slave. We're all the new slaves to this consumerist society whether my boss is racist or not. 

Swallowing your pride for something that can't really affect you and furthers your goals is not disrespecting yourself. 
That's from Dr. MLK Jr. himself!
How about wanting the best for yourself while having respect for yourself at the same time. You think i dont know that some of these establishments out here arent ran or owned by racists? Of course. Now its your choice as a man to still work under that, especially when it goes public that the one who is paying you actually thinks you aint ****. you choose.

And I respect MLK and his work , but he isnt my prophet nor does he speak for all african americans, more so during his time. That video that was posted earlier on how black cant be racist will tell you what I mean by that. And to be honest, during MLK last days, he was starting to realize what brother Malcom was talking about. 

i dont even...

i'm hispanic not even black, i know he said something about mexicans, im not mexican but it irked me a little but not enough to get angry tho, i do get aggravated when i see/hear black people get ultra sensitive about racism, reaching for things that arent really there.. HOWEVER

how are you defending this? when have you ever gotten drunk enough to turn racist? or even angry enough to turn racist? so much to say i don't want any _ to my stadium? Meaning he already had these views, although everyone is entitled to his views, that is not in question, HIM BEING RACIST DOES NOT MATTER. Everyone has their views, some positive, negative, or neutral, these are their own views and everyone is entitled to it.

The problem arises when you are in a position of power. An owner stating he/she does not want a particular group at the games/stadium, that is where the problem arises.

Listen, i'm reading that people are furious, and rightfully so, but these are his views, and you cannot attack him on views as a citizen in USA, everyone is entitled to their view, however you can attack him as an owner and are absolutely in your right to

Last edited:
I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but all this posturing by the NBA and especially the Clippers' players is just ridiculous to me. It's been documented that Sterling has racist tendencies and it's been common knowledge in NBA circles for years.

So the players are all good with collecting a paycheck from him and the NBA is glad to promote the team with all this knowledge. But the second something leaks for mass media consumption, everyone is up in arms, appalled and wanting justice. The players want to have some BS silent protest by wearing their warm ups inside out. Really?

I'm obviously not condoning Sterling's viewpoints, but if you're fine accepting his money, then don't turn around and condemn him, especially if you knew he was a bigot. If anything, you would defend him, until the "investigation" by the NBA is completed and they have handed down their punishment. The fact that they are quick to act now (before the investigation is done) is just more evidence that they knew about this but didn't care.

In the end my endpoint is this; If you didn't give a damn before, don't pretend to give a damn now.

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but all this posturing by the NBA and especially the Clippers' players is just ridiculous to me. It's been documented that Sterling has racist tendencies and it's been common knowledge in NBA circles for years.

So the players are all good with collecting a paycheck from him and the NBA is glad to promote the team with all this knowledge. But the second something leaks for mass media consumption, everyone is up in arms, appalled and wanting justice. The players want to have some BS silent protest by wearing their warm ups inside out. Really?

I'm obviously not condoning Sterling's viewpoints, but if you're fine accepting his money, then don't turn around and condemn him, especially if you knew he was a bigot. If anything, you would defend him, until the "investigation" by the NBA is completed and they have handed down their punishment. The fact that they are quick to act now (before the investigation is done) is just more evidence that they knew about this but didn't care.

In the end my endpoint is this; If you didn't give a damn before, don't pretend to give a damn now.
The us government oppressed and still allows minorities to be oppressed
Should we go live somewhere else because of it????
Not really the same but u get what I mean

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...legedly-acted-terribly-in-the-?urn=nba-304544

"While ignoring my suggestions and isolating me from decisions customarily reserved for general managers, the Clippers attempted to place the blame for the team's failures on me," Baylor said in the declaration. "During this same period, players Sam Cassell(notes), Elton Brand(notes) and Corey Maggette(notes) complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.' I brought this to Sterling's attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room."

Been saying this dude's **** game is STRONG.

I telling you brahs, he probably owns tons of video equipment

Last edited:

Agreed.

They'll continue to play for him. He's a good master. Treats his slaves very well. Gives them nice houses, cars, food, and everything.

On some "I don't wanna run away. I got a good situation wit ma massa'. He treat me real well. Giveh me food, a place ta stay, and even let me sleep in the big house" :smh: :smh:

Not gonna lie, I really don't understand why they would continue to play unless they're just trying to avoid getting sued over their contracts, which I would understand. Regardless of how they want to look at it, Sterling is still making money off of them and will continue to do so as long as they're wearing Clippers jerseys.
It's weak.. Dudes are millionaires worried about getting sued?

What about all the civil rights activist that had there life on the line changing our nation so these guys can flourish and be as successful as they are.. I am glad they were not worried about being sued...

I would have loved to have seen those guys make a stand showing this guy you can be a billionaire owner, but you won't have much of a basketball team when none if your players refuse to play for you.. 

Agreed.

They'll continue to play for him. He's a good master. Treats his slaves very well. Gives them nice houses, cars, food, and everything.

On some "I don't wanna run away. I got a good situation wit ma massa'. He treat me real well. Giveh me food, a place ta stay, and even let me sleep in the big house"
mean.gif
mean.gif
lol and how does your boss treat you?

oh wait i forgot

you don't have a boss. you hustle because you're a motivated entrepreneur and move work out the back of da hemi. while your nt thick shawty whips your m3 to the nail salon..

sorry my jimmies are just rustled that people are mad at the players who are well compensated for wanting to play the game they love at the highest level and keep getting paid.

I'm laughing at all some of these comments. It's easy for someone who has no money to tell someone who has money to compromise his wealth. A lot of you guys are all mouth, yea I said it.
laugh.gif
people sacrificed there lives during the civil rights movement man.. get of here with your crap..

if you stand for nothing you will fall for everything. 

Back
Top Bottom