Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but it just seems like "forcing" Sterling to sell the team for over 50x what he paid for it, doesn't seem like a punishment.

the nba did all it could legally...

Maybe it was all they could do, maybe it wasn't...

All I'm saying is he bought the team for $15 million and he's probably gonna sell it for over $750 million if and when that time comes. I don't consider that a punishment...

Am I the only one who feels that not enough was done this afternoon?

It almost seems like Sterling won.

What more would you have liked?

Julius F. Wrek

Nba basically did the max

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but it just seems like "forcing" Sterling to sell the team for over 50x what he paid for it, doesn't seem like a punishment.

How exactly do you propose to not pay a man for something he has ownership of?

Agreed, I find it funny people are getting all excited about this. Silver dropped the "hammer", just parroting the talking heads. The ban is a PR stunt, the fine is pocket change. Whatever.

Agreed, I find it funny people are getting all excited about this. Silver dropped the "hammer", just parroting the talking heads. The ban is a PR stunt, the fine is pocket change. Whatever.
He's literally going to be bullied out of the league.

What did you expect? A hanging?

I'm trying to figure how you guys had it played out in your minds. 500 million dollar fine? what's wrong with you guys? the main thing is he's no longer representing the NBA, there's nothing anyone was going to be able to do to affect his wealth.

Bomani doe... :wow: :wow:

Cats still in here with the same two stupid arguments?

1. "The girl should be punished. Why aren't we talking about her"

2. "Black people kill each other over petty things. Let's talk about that"

Ol' super deflecting types. :smh:

I got into an argument with a cat from Facebook...

And this I what he said.

View media item 945208
:x :x

Dude lost as soon as he said "as long as my check aint a penny short", much less "I'll paint my face white". All he needs is a banjo to compete his costume.

Maybe it was all they could do, maybe it wasn't...

All I'm saying is he bought the team for $15 million and he's probably gonna sell it for over $750 million if and when that time comes. I don't consider that a punishment...

um bro, they levied the max punishment bro. there was literally nothing more they could do.

hopefully the owners come together and force the sale.

who cares if he turns a profit? who cares? he has tarnished his family name, he has alienated his own wife, he has humiliated himself.

and he's old, he'll be dead soon enough. let his fam have that money, who cares man? there are bigger things in life, like honor & respect, neither of which he has anymore.

should be happy that his name may soon be forever disassociated from the NBA and the Clippers brand.

Sterling did not win.

He will forever be known as a racist even years n years after his death.

I think many people on here feel that Sterling is still going to come out on top. If he sells, he makes money. Lifetime ban? he's already 81 years old.

Like I said before, he's 81. I don't give a damn. He can't spend it all.

I think many people on here feel that Sterling is still going to come out on top. If he sells, he makes money. Lifetime ban? he's already 81 years old.
He could have sold at any time. He doesn't want to sell. He wants an NBA team. He's being kicked out. The league didn't give him money that he didn't already have.

Sterling did not win.

He didn't win only because he is being forced to sell his team.  imo, he doesn't give one f about being a known racist.  I'm sure his closest friends share the same beliefs, nothing new for them.  

Last edited:
Sterling did not win.

Obviously that's where we disagree... And I respect all your opinions...

Donald Sterling and his entire family are known racist so I don't think they really care... If he really cared what the public thought about him he would have released an apology by now...

If you really wanna send a message come down on him like no one has ever came down on an owner before... Not literally HELP Sterling sell the franchise to the next rich man.

That's just me though....

Obviously that's where we disagree... And I respect all your opinions...

Donald Sterling and his entire family are known racist so I don't think they really care... If he really cared what the public thought about him he would have released an apology by now...

If you really wanna send a message come down on him like no one has ever came down on an owner before... Not literally HELP Sterling sell the franchise to the next rich man.

That's just me though....

What do you propose as a better punishment?

what else could they have done?

-Suspend the playoffs.
-Players should refuse to play until Sterling sells the team to minority owners.
-Investigate and interview each NBA owner and their top executives for racism and discriminatory practices.
-Give back every cent to the fans that purchased a ticket, NBA league pass, cable tv, NBA gear, etc, this season.
-NBA should also boycott companies like Nike, Adidas, etc whom uses child labor

This would make it a good day but... wait a minute.. what am I talking about?

Last edited:
Why not do something that would actually hurt him.... Like force him to sell the team at the price he originally paid for it... and donate the remaining $700 million to charity...

Back
Top Bottom