Learning a new language

Thinking about learning either Spanish or French on my spare time. Has anyone picked up a new language, and if so what route did you go? I was looking at community college or programs like Rosetta Stone, but both seem pretty expensive.

If you're going to get rosetta stone then make sure you purchase an actual textbook to go along with it. You need to be able to understand why you're saying what you're saying.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

If you're going to get rosetta stone then make sure you purchase an actual textbook to go along with it. You need to be able to understand why you're saying what you're saying.
I've heard some negatives about RS and it all being in Spanish, any other programs that you can reccomend?

I'm taking french 1 right now and it's a pain in the ##% ....

I thought i'd impress so many girls but damn...all they do is laugh at my terrible accent

Originally Posted by moundraised23

interested in this as well

Qft.
which is the easiest language to learn? Academic career depends on the responses in this thread.

I tried to learn italian through pimsleur.. All they teach you is how to pick up chicks and go on dates... "would you like to get a beer at my house or your house?"...

I also stopped because i didnt know anyone who spoke italian.. If you have no one to practice with then you will forget it pretty quickly

Back
Top Bottom