Learning to Skateboard...Advice? Best Equipment? Brands?

hang out with your friends that actually can skate

it's way better than rolling solo, trust me...

In regards to finding a crew I have kind of the same problem living in NC, where the biggest sport is NASCAR.  But I did run into someone who longboards during summer school, so maybe there's hope.  

In regards to finding a crew I have kind of the same problem living in NC, where the biggest sport is NASCAR.  But I did run into someone who longboards during summer school, so maybe there's hope.  

Practice and youtube videos you dont need a great deck and stuff a decent board should be fine
be prepared to protect your balls for heel flips
laugh.gif

Practice and youtube videos you dont need a great deck and stuff a decent board should be fine
be prepared to protect your balls for heel flips
laugh.gif

deck- Girl anything below a 8 you have to have some small %+% feet get i ride 8.25 to 8.5
trucks-independent
grip-grizzly
bearings-diamond
wheels-spitfire

deck- Girl anything below a 8 you have to have some small %+% feet get i ride 8.25 to 8.5
trucks-independent
grip-grizzly
bearings-diamond
wheels-spitfire

More than a year after OP already got a setup and gone out skating and ppl still chiming in with hypebeast brand suggestions! 
roll.gif

More than a year after OP already got a setup and gone out skating and ppl still chiming in with hypebeast brand suggestions! 
roll.gif

Update all my own: found out an acquaintance of mine is looking to get back into skating, so in turn that's a good drive to help me get into it

**and what are considered the hyperbeast brands in the skateworld?

Update all my own: found out an acquaintance of mine is looking to get back into skating, so in turn that's a good drive to help me get into it

Originally Posted by Foam shox

Yeah I have to try and find myself a crew, that's #1 on the to do list.

and what about wheel size? I've seen 50 all the way up to 64, besides the obvious size difference how would one know what to pick? and af1 1982 I appreciate the detailed information you've been posting

you don't just explain the what, but the why also. Dunno about everyone else, but the specific info certainly helps

Dont force it, if it happens it happens.  Like I said before just get you a cheap setup and learn the basics. Hell, in a couple of months from starting you may decide you don't even like it.

Yeah I have to try and find myself a crew, that's #1 on the to do list.

and what about wheel size? I've seen 50 all the way up to 64, besides the obvious size difference how would one know what to pick? and af1 1982 I appreciate the detailed information you've been posting

you don't just explain the what, but the why also. Dunno about everyone else, but the specific info certainly helps

Dont force it, if it happens it happens.  Like I said before just get you a cheap setup and learn the basics. Hell, in a couple of months from starting you may decide you don't even like it.

laugh.gif
at hyperbeast. Don't worry about what's hot and what's not. If you got a question about a brand, PM me. 

laugh.gif
at hyperbeast. Don't worry about what's hot and what's not. If you got a question about a brand, PM me. 

If your friend used to skate, they should be of help, no?

Co-sign on just get a cheap complete from a skateshop because in case you don't like it you didn't lose too much money.

But if you gotta put one together, the cheapest route might be:
Deck: blank or shop board.
Trucks: Venture (cheapest good brand IIRC) get highs if you're gonna get wheels bigger than 52mm and lows if smaller
Wheels: blank wheels (or whatever's cheapest) should be fine for now.
Bearings: whatever is cheapest should be fine for now.
Griptape: doesn't matter. whatever the shop puts on the deck is usually fine
Bolts: doesn't matter
Shoes: something with a flat sole.

Def PM afl 1982 or just read some of the previous posts made by him.

It's funny to read some of the suggestions since it's obvious the posters don't really skate (anymore if they did before) and maybe just saw those brands on a reality show or something.

Just because someone well known endorses a product doesn't make it good. I've naively bought quite a few products I regret because I was dazzled by the star power of the team in my younger days.

Bigger wheels = higher off the ground, usually faster, smoother ride on rough ground
Smaller wheels = lower to the ground, usually slower on rough ground
Soft wheels = smoother ride, more grip
Hard wheels = easier to slide

If your friend used to skate, they should be of help, no?

Co-sign on just get a cheap complete from a skateshop because in case you don't like it you didn't lose too much money.

But if you gotta put one together, the cheapest route might be:
Deck: blank or shop board.
Trucks: Venture (cheapest good brand IIRC) get highs if you're gonna get wheels bigger than 52mm and lows if smaller
Wheels: blank wheels (or whatever's cheapest) should be fine for now.
Bearings: whatever is cheapest should be fine for now.
Griptape: doesn't matter. whatever the shop puts on the deck is usually fine
Bolts: doesn't matter
Shoes: something with a flat sole.

Def PM afl 1982 or just read some of the previous posts made by him.

It's funny to read some of the suggestions since it's obvious the posters don't really skate (anymore if they did before) and maybe just saw those brands on a reality show or something.

Just because someone well known endorses a product doesn't make it good. I've naively bought quite a few products I regret because I was dazzled by the star power of the team in my younger days.

Bigger wheels = higher off the ground, usually faster, smoother ride on rough ground
Smaller wheels = lower to the ground, usually slower on rough ground
Soft wheels = smoother ride, more grip
Hard wheels = easier to slide

Originally Posted by af1 1982

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

op you lookin for a supreme deck?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

op you lookin for a supreme deck?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom