Leaving America? VOL. House Hunters International Got Me Ready To Bounce.

"During my travels I've noticed that too and also just with my european and aussie friends I've met that were here in the states. I've made a post here before and said Europeans on average are much more well traveled than Americans. Just about every European I know have traveled and at an early age too. Always meet plenty of Europeans and Aussies that have traveled around the world by their early-mid 20s and they're not trust fund babies or rich. I just see it as different culture/upbringing for the different mentalities"

^^ I can definitely co-sign this and agree 100%.

As soon as I graduated college 2 years ago, I backpacked europe and central america. I met alot of euro backpackers, and most of them were really cool. Everyone was in their early 20s like me. We spoke about alot of different stuff, and they to see americans as arrogant and too self- involved. It's such a culture shock, but traveling is great because it opens your mind up to new experiences and it is very humbling.

I was reading an article on how Americans typically visit less than 10 different countries in their lifetime, and the ones they do visit are the Caribbean Islands. Not that there's anything wrong with palm trees and beaches, but there's so much to see in this world. I made myself a goal to visit 50 countries by the time I'm 40. I am 25 now, and have seen 36 so far. So I'm on the road.

As for Ksteezy's point, yea I see where you're coming from. Luckily for me I work in Telecom, so we have Roaming partners virtually in every country. But starting a business here in the states, and living overseas would be my dream. Like you said, I also know retired people who collect retirement funds and move out the country. Look up Costa Rica, there are tons of EX-pats living there. Again you can live like a king for $1,000 a month. Even if you collect $500 a month in Social Security, you'd be better off than living in the states.
Costa Rica has a very good healthcare system, no army, beautiful destinations, low cost of living, and great weather year round. Pura vida.

Last edited:
"During my travels I've noticed that too and also just with my european and aussie friends I've met that were here in the states. I've made a post here before and said Europeans on average are much more well traveled than Americans. Just about every European I know have traveled and at an early age too. Always meet plenty of Europeans and Aussies that have traveled around the world by their early-mid 20s and they're not trust fund babies or rich. I just see it as different culture/upbringing for the different mentalities"

^^ I can definitely co-sign this and agree 100%.

As soon as I graduated college 2 years ago, I backpacked europe and central america. I met alot of euro backpackers, and most of them were really cool. Everyone was in their early 20s like me. We spoke about alot of different stuff, and they to see americans as arrogant and too self- involved. It's such a culture shock, but traveling is great because it opens your mind up to new experiences and it is very humbling.

I was reading an article on how Americans typically visit less than 10 different countries in their lifetime, and the ones they do visit are the Caribbean Islands. Not that there's anything wrong with palm trees and beaches, but there's so much to see in this world. I made myself a goal to visit 50 countries by the time I'm 40. I am 25 now, and have seen 36 so far. So I'm on the road.

As for Ksteezy's point, yea I see where you're coming from. Luckily for me I work in Telecom, so we have Roaming partners virtually in every country. But starting a business here in the states, and living overseas would be my dream. Like you said, I also know retired people who collect retirement funds and move out the country. Look up Costa Rica, there are tons of EX-pats living there. Again you can live like a king for $1,000 a month. Even if you collect $500 a month in Social Security, you'd be better off than living in the states.
Costa Rica has a very good healthcare system, no army, beautiful destinations, low cost of living, and great weather year round. Pura vida.

Sicily would be nice. Or somewhere in the islands where they smoke lots of good weed and know how to have a good time without the BS. And lots of fine freaks. I just want a nice lil place with a AC wifi a motorcycle and ATV and I'm good. Oh yeah weed definitely need the weed too.

Back
Top Bottom