Lebron doesnt know how to win..

Maybe Lebron should stop practicing too, I mean, he has all the help/talent in the world, just go out and win now. 

That's pretty much the same as what Reggie said. 

I'm not much of Lebron backer, but in this case Reggie is out of line.  So he asked some questions from guys that have done it before, not one thing wrong with that. 

Originally Posted by JD617

Didnt Kobe and Dirk also go visit Hakeem though?

Yes. And got slurped for it.
I was listening when Reggie said that. It's just as dumb in print as it was on the air.

I thought the narrative on LeBron was that he doesn't care about basketball and he's more interested in his celebrity status/money. At least be consistent. Can't have it both ways.

Thing is, Kobe went to Hakeem to learn his footwork and post moves. That's very different to LeBron asking these Hall of Famers on "how to win".

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I was listening when Reggie said that. It's just as dumb in print as it was on the air.

I thought the narrative on LeBron was that he doesn't care about basketball and he's more interested in his celebrity status/money. At least be consistent. Can't have it both ways.
Thing is, Kobe went to Hakeem to learn his footwork and post moves. That's very different to LeBron asking these Hall of Famers on "how to win".

exactly, hes asking for advice. no ones talking about training with anyone. all players do it.

but hes going to all these champions and asking how to win.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

One thing I have noticed about LeBron, he seems to always attack the weakest player. I see him dunking on the smallest guards or the worst defender, then celebrate like he's the greatest. He talks $$%@ and gets tough with the small guys but won't step to someone his size or equally talented.

LOL.  I am Lebron, I am no body's b8thc. 

LeBald isn't that bad, and it's okay to ask for help, but the thing here is that LeBald is doing it in such a way it makes him look deceiving.  He's obviously not that type of person, nor has he evolved into one.  So to read something like that about him seeking for help is only a testament that this guy likes to run stunts and decoys.  He still hasn't changed from day one, and he's obviously stressed out by his hair loss.  His only remedy is to "REACH OUT" to WADE and BOSH.  LOLZ 

Lebald prides his PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND TALENT, but he doesn't develop or hone his skill or footwork.  The same thing can be said about Dwight Howard.  Dwight has no pivots, no foot work at all.  He can't back down, nor create anything for himself.  He's just a LEVEL 9000 ben wallace - that's all.  Lebron is in the same boat, just that he is capable of picking on smaller guys.  The day I see Lebron evolve his footwork and technique, is the day I see him developing.  For now, he'll still ride on them muscles and brute strength, but as his body knows, his 'strands' of time are falling/tickin. LOLZ

By winning, he can pause the criticism, but if he doesn't win it this year, he'll be barraged by even more people!

It's not a secret that you need a BIG MAN to win and this is why BIG MEN are coveted.  You can probably attach a BIG MAN to every successful dynasty.

wow.. OP and Reggie are idiots.

For all you lebron haters who despise everything that he does, ask yourself this before you criticize this man:

If your favorite player were to do the exact same thing would you complain in the same manner? If the answer is yes continue with the hate, if no have a seat.

This dude calling him 'LeBald'

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Maybe Lebron should stop practicing too, I mean, he has all the help/talent in the world, just go out and win now. 

That's pretty much the same as what Reggie said. 

I'm not much of Lebron backer, but in this case Reggie is out of line.  So he asked some questions from guys that have done it before, not one thing wrong with that. 

First time in history I agree with one of this guy's posts.

Reggie Miller questioned him for reaching out to Hall of Fame players last summer, including Hakeem Olajuwon (who helped James with his post game), Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas.

laugh.gif

I am sorry but I really wanted to go through my TV and ask Reggie what the hell he was talking about. 
All sports have 2 components, the mental and the physical. Players ask for physical advice all of the time but now all of a sudden when LeBronze asks for mental help he shouldn't be doing it? What kind of world do we live in when seeking help is being frowned upon? 

I was REALLY bothered by Reggie's comments because they made no sense. A real man isn't too proud to ask for help if he doesn't get something. LeBronze feels that he doesn't get it, so he asks for help. So what? What is the issue?

And I am very surprised that so many of you support Reggie's nonsense. It is pure nonsense. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am sorry but I really wanted to go through my TV and ask Reggie what the hell he was talking about. 
All sports have 2 components, the mental and the physical. Players ask for physical advice all of the time but now all of a sudden when LeBronze asks for mental help he shouldn't be doing it? What kind of world do we live in when seeking help is being frowned upon? 

I was REALLY bothered by Reggie's comments because they made no sense. A real man isn't too proud to ask for help if he doesn't get something. LeBronze feels that he doesn't get it, so he asks for help. So what? What is the issue?

And I am very surprised that so many of you support Reggie's nonsense. It is pure nonsense. 

Dont think reggie is that intelligent, but in reality the ZEN MASTER would say that the issue isn't on SOMEONE.  It isn't on DWADE or BOSH or HAKEEM or what critics say about him.  It's HIM, HIMSELF and his BALD HAIR.  LBJ should just go through his evolution, he should work on his weakness, develop weapons and not make it so blatant that he TEAMED UP w/ WADE and BOSH to win.  His move in Cleveland to Miami symbolized his desire to find help.  He couldn't do it in Cleveland, MOST PEOPLE FORGET THIS already. 

Now he has talent, and IF HE CAN"T GET IT, REGGIE IS RIGHT on TARGET.

THIS.. now lock up cause this thread is lame.

Of course it is on him, who said it wasn't? But Who the hell are YOU or Reggie to determine how someone should evolve? Why is it right to evolve on your own? What is the harm in discussing basketball psychology with some of the greats? I don't see the issue and I don't know why this even is a discussion. If there is a non-point discussion ever posted on NT this is that.

He simply had talks with people who have made it. I don't see the issue at all. We shouldn't even be talking about this.

I applaud the dude for putting his ego aside and asking for help. That is what great players do. Try and find a way to fix it. Whatever it is he is trying to fix it. Not sure why you think the only right way to fix it is to perform some sort of self-reflection in a room with a lit insence. Do your thing LeBron man.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

THIS.. now lock up cause this thread is lame.
I thought Lebron went for help on his post game?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Of course it is on him, who said it wasn't? But Who the hell are YOU or Reggie to determine how someone should evolve? Why is it right to evolve on your own? What is the harm in discussing basketball psychology with some of the greats? I don't see the issue and I don't know why this even is a discussion. If there is a non-point discussion ever posted on NT this is that.

He simply had talks with people who have made it. I don't see the issue at all. We shouldn't even be talking about this.

I applaud the dude for putting his ego aside and asking for help. That is what great players do. Try and find a way to fix it. Whatever it is he is trying to fix it. Not sure why you think the only right way to fix it is to perform some sort of self-reflection in a room with a lit insence. Do your thing LeBron man.
Reggie was simply saying it was enough for LEBRON and his antics.  It's time for him to just play, that's all.  People made too much of it.  It's like a kid asking to be tutored, asking for help, and not taking the plunge. 

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Reggie was simply saying it was enough for LEBRON and his antics.  It's time for him to just play, that's all.  People made too much of it.  It's like a kid asking to be tutored, asking for help, and not taking the plunge. 

It isn't an antic. He wants to find ways to improve the mental aspect of his game. That is not an antic. It is a way to improve. As I said, Kobe asks for help from Dream. Same with Dwight. I guess since their help was physical we view asking for mental assistance as some sort of display of weakness.
He is playing ball. I didn't know you had to do one or the other. Ask for help OR just play ball. He is doing both. He just has his moments in the clutch where he disappears. Ok fine. He wants to get over that hurdle. It is a mental hurdle. He is asking for help. What is the harm?

How do you figure he isn't taking the plunge? He asked for help last summer. What has happened since then? Nothing. So how can you say he isn't "playing ball." I mean he is about to be the MVP so how isn't he playing ball.

Again, I do not see the logic in Reggie's argument. It is stupid and sad that he would say something so foolish on national tv. And I like Reggie. Nonsense.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

One thing I have noticed about LeBron, he seems to always attack the weakest player. I see him dunking on the smallest guards or the worst defender, then celebrate like he's the greatest. He talks $$%@ and gets tough with the small guys but won't step to someone his size or equally talented.

LOL.  I am Lebron, I am no body's b8thc. 

LeBald isn't that bad, and it's okay to ask for help, but the thing here is that LeBald is doing it in such a way it makes him look deceiving.  He's obviously not that type of person, nor has he evolved into one.  So to read something like that about him seeking for help is only a testament that this guy likes to run stunts and decoys.  He still hasn't changed from day one, and he's obviously stressed out by his hair loss.  His only remedy is to "REACH OUT" to WADE and BOSH.  LOLZ 

Lebald prides his PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND TALENT, but he doesn't develop or hone his skill or footwork.  The same thing can be said about Dwight Howard.  Dwight has no pivots, no foot work at all.  He can't back down, nor create anything for himself.  He's just a LEVEL 9000 ben wallace - that's all.  Lebron is in the same boat, just that he is capable of picking on smaller guys.  The day I see Lebron evolve his footwork and technique, is the day I see him developing.  For now, he'll still ride on them muscles and brute strength, but as his body knows, his 'strands' of time are falling/tickin. LOLZ

By winning, he can pause the criticism, but if he doesn't win it this year, he'll be barraged by even more people!

It's not a secret that you need a BIG MAN to win and this is why BIG MEN are coveted.  You can probably attach a BIG MAN to every successful dynasty.

The BULLS DYNASTY didnt have a dominant big man they were all just role players.Bill Cartwright  and Luc longley. Even our power forwards were just role players and definitely not scorers ie Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman

Originally Posted by onewearz

only reason lebron reached out is because Kobe did first , if he's anything it's a pretentious follower . guarantee u if he wins a ring this year he cries with the trophy like jordan did
30t6p3b.gif

And I'mma be crying w/ him too pleighboi 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Zyzz doesn't know how to post..

Originally Posted by MaxElite

A player who never won anything judging another player who hasnt won anything. Fantastic thread.

Same exact thing I was thinking, go !$@% yourself Reggie.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by MaxElite

A player who never won anything judging another player who hasnt won anything. Fantastic thread.

Same exact thing I was thinking, go !$@% yourself Reggie.
Can we stop subscribing to this crazy logic? 
If that is the case non of us should be commenting on anything pro sports related since we aren't pros. So stop it. That logic is flawed. Stop it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

only reason lebron reached out is because Kobe did first , if he's anything it's a pretentious follower . guarantee u if he wins a ring this year he cries with the trophy like jordan did
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
 because crying out of pure joy is something only MJ does.

Back
Top Bottom