"Lebron, have you seen my THREE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS?"...LOL..

I don't see LeBron leaving Nike, and I don't think this commercial would irritate LeBron. LeBron wouldn't have a shot of becoming a billionairewithout Nike, because I don't see any other brand paying him that much.

If anything, this commercial was probably Kobe and LeBron's idea.

Why would LeBron be annoyed, when he himself is a jokey character in real life?

Nonetheless, a nice "receipt" by puppet Kobe.
laugh.gif

^there have been some strong and creative adverts over the years since probably the Lil' Penny ones....but you're right factoring in pure amusementthese are definitely the funniest in years imo....

Originally Posted by travman24

What yall think of a 23 v 24 pack??

interesting...maybe if they both make the finals (highly anticipated)...i would like that very much...but wat colorways?...and wat shoes for lebron the 6 orthe soldiers?

hmmm....as in a collaboration of the 2 competing sigs? not sure how possible that would be....but for the sake of creativity that sounds interesting to say theleast.....

^ what do you think would be a setback? There both Nike shoes. Nothing wrong with some cross marketing.

I was hoping Lebron would respond "Oh, my bad Kobe, I was supposed to let you know that Shaq is coming by for his rings today." lol

Originally Posted by travman24

^ what do you think would be a setback? There both Nike shoes. Nothing wrong with some cross marketing.

true....i guess you could say those puppet adverts are a sort of experiment with that kind of cross marketing...i think it will more have to do with whetherthey both would allow it rather than it being something nike could/would independently do. they do both have large ego's and are fierce competitors (hencethe "Lebron have you seen MY THREE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS"
laugh.gif
andMVP!!! one-liner in the MVPuppets Chalk one as well- they like taking jabs at each other, well based on what these ads show...).

But it would be interesting to see something of the sort and if they were to drown their personal agendas to have some "one of a kind" campaign ofthat sort....im sure it would work....its just that it would be ridiculously expensive for us consumers
laugh.gif
.....but in summary it could work, but i just dont think from a personalstandpoint these competitors (whether intra-brand or not) would be willing to do such....

Originally Posted by steven42lh

I was hoping Lebron would respond "Oh, my bad Kobe, I was supposed to let you know that Shaq is coming by for his rings today." lol
lol...nice one!...i like
laugh.gif

This campain is great and I look forward to more of them!

Who remembers the Reebok Dan vs Dave from the 1992 olympics?

If Cleveland or LA does not make the finals...we could have a repeat of that same disaster!

Some of you just love to complain about anything... Have a laugh or two. Stop being so Gotdamn serious.... It's a commercial.

Back
Top Bottom