Lebron IX First On-Court Experience

Finally decided to wear my Lebron IX for the first time to the gym today to try it out and break it in on the basketball court. Only been trying it on inside the house for a couple minutes a couple of times previously.

Even though I only shot around, the cushioning of the bottom  did feel good. But it seems that's where it ends.

The medial part of the tongue on the left shoe was digging in on my ankle, which was very uncomfortable. I had to fold it to get relief from the pain, and had to refold every now and then because it gets unfolded.

Another complaint, and made me very disappointed, the toebox color is easily scratched. I can't really point a finger as to how it happened, but noticed it while I was readjusting my laces. I'll just let the photos speak for themselves.

hx98qr.jpg

2vdrznc.jpg

2dvsgwh.jpg

There you have it. First pic shows how I had to fold the tongue to prevent it from pinching my ankle. Second pic is the redness caused by the tongue. Third pic,
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

frown.gif

The hell kinda balling do you do? I ball in mine all the time and never had that happen. The still look DS. You might wanna change what kind of socks you wear though.

All those from just shooting around. Didn't try to play in a game because I wanted to break them in first. The socks I used actually helped a bit from the pain compared to elite socks while I was walking around in the house.

Yup, indoors, hardwood, I wouldn't dare playing in these shoes outdoors/pavement. Imagine if it was outdoors though. But I've played in Kobe's outdoors multiple times and never had even a tiny scratch on the front.
ohwell.gif

on a side note, anybody know what color that toebox is and if they sell paint for sneakers close to that color? I'd rather touch it up instead of leaving it like that. just hurts my feelings everytime I see it. 
30t6p3b.gif

I rolled my ankle the first time I played a game in my China's and the tongues dug into my foot too smhh

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

The hell kinda balling do you do? I ball in mine all the time and never had that happen. The still look DS. You might wanna change what kind of socks you wear though.

Yeah, I haven't had that tongue problem at all. I did have an instance of a traction issue when I jumped stopped on a dusty spot though.

tongue gave my ankle a lil scratch too but they were super
pimp.gif
to play in after that initial on court break in

i have the free gums and i think they're actually pretty comfortable to play in. the last shoe i was playing in was the lebron 8 low which was very comfortable. i go for lebrons because there a lil heavier but they are more comfortable imo

the shoes are comfy as far as cushioning goes. It is just the side of the tongue has something that feels rough/hard, which causes the pain while having the laces tightened, also the clovers are somewhat hard on the sides of the ankles.

I've played in my Miami Nights for about 4-5 times now. They're really stiff at first and I also felt some pain around my ankle on the first up to the second wear but after breaking them in they're really comfortable to play in. I don't know how you got that scratch on the toebox but it must have been something sharp that caused it because the upper on my pair still looks new. I played outdoors by the way.

I'm thinking that the toebox might have dragged a little on the gym floor when I was going for a layup. That's the only way that the front would have been scratched like that. But I'm still skeptical because it seems like I would have to really stretch my feet to even get that part of the shoes to touch the floor. I was just disappointed because all the years that I've played in different bball shoes, either the leather, or whatever material on the toebox never had anything chipped on me before.

that happened to my pair of cannons(not as deep or big as your scratch though.) I play in a dodgeball league and I dropped to my knees fast to catch a ball and the hardwood rubbed of some of the paint.

yea, that part seems like it has some rubber material. Now I know it is very fragile. I guess I won't be using my other limited colorways on the court anymore.

Update:

Played a couple games of halfcourt ball with my cannons today. bottom of my big toe is on the verge of getting a blister. My socks are not thin either. I will try using these with elite socks, hopefully it makes a difference.

The tongue issue still has't gotten better. Still needed to fold it to avoid the pain. Will give it a few more games before making a decision about using another pair of shoes for playing basketball.

wow that's even more disappointing that what I've envisioned.
Sorry to hear that bro and I hope that it gets better over time.

I played for only 2 hours so far with elite socks and no blisters. The triangle area on the tongue does appear to be rubbing on the pro combat sides though. Other than that these shoes still appear DS and so far hold up better than the 8 V2 I had which formed a hole at the toe box where it creases within the first time I played in them.

i havent had any rubbing or blisters with mine. but i noticed that when i tie the laces real tight it kinda hurts my forefoot. so i just loosened that part up n tightened up the rest of the foot up all the way to my ankle its been great since. but i hadnt broken them in yet. that was the first wear. maybe after a couple of wears they will loosen up.

Sheeesh hope you get better bro but like everyone said the shoe is very comfortable i go 12 with the lebrons instead of 11.5 cause they fit true size also i feel it depends if you have wide or narrow feet also

too bad they dont make 13.5 they run half a size small..but they seem too heavy to ball in

i bought the ix's for basketball, had to buy a half size too big. even then they were too tight in the toes and turned my toenails black and they (my big toenails) eventually fell off. this happened after only a couple of wears. retail spot wouldn't take them back and told me to send them to nike. i sent them to nike and told them what happened, they sent them back and said they couldn't help me. now i have an all black pair of lebrons that i can't wear for ball and will probably never wear again. Thanks a lot nike! needless to say I'm a little bitter about this one.

That being said they felt really great for the most part when i was playing. extremely responsive and reasonably light. like a hyperdunk on steroids.

Back
Top Bottom