LEBRON JAMES 7 YEAR ROOKIE CONTRACT WITH NIKE.... ALMOST UP?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by daaznfella

because teams are not going to offer him more then 90 again

fact is, the lebron 3, 4, and 5, were found in most clearance racks
along with the zoom lebron st, soliders, and all the other random stuff
how often do you see lebron apparel and shoes at the outlets?
sure he's "lebron james" but his profit margin is not that huge.
Let it be known that Nike has ALREADY made their profits once retailers have purchased them. Regardless of how they sell in stores, the bank by Nike has already been made.
yes true, but due to bad sales in stores, more and more stores are purchasing less as far as lebron apparel and shoes and other items areconcerned. And when his products get RTV'd back, nike reimburses the retailers

not ALL lebron products fail, but many do in certain colors in styles, Zoom ST lows are STILL at outlets today

and lebrons profits are included with his apparel as well, anything bearing the LBJ23 logo, basically applies

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

the question is, would people jump to buy the other brand shoes? Im not too sure about that. Nike seems to reign supreme. You dont hear much about the adidas' players sig. models and their successes (not just here at NT which they might not even get recognized. but in general) the problem with most of these lines are that there are too many colorways and to add, COLORWAYS he doenst even wear in game the majority of the time. The "PE" and limited to family rare crap is what people want. GRs mean nothing now.. its a sad evolution imo.

Jordan wore what WE could BUY 100% of the time. kobes line and lebrons line, those players wear what we buy maybe 5% of the time. the rest of the time, its limited PE releases.
i'd hafta take a step back with this one. Aside fromt he Kobe 1, which IMo had the WORST colorways released, that had no relevancy with thelakers, except the black outs, and the white/yellow, which was horrible itself, his line has been pretty close and focused on the colorways he wears on court.

kobe 2, he's worn all the colors on court, even the ST's for a half during the playoffs lol. Kobe 3's he wore the black pair almost exclusively,along with the laser 2k4s that nike pushed that year, i believe the MPLS was the only colorway he didn't wear, and even he PE's, "oftentimes", weren't anything TOO drastic or special. See Kobe 3 SL wht/purple vs wht/blk....just one color difference, and the purple was pretty darkanway

and now with the kobe iv, hes worn the carpe diems, the inlines, the del soles when he did his 61 run.

leave kobe's name outta that lol, lebron on the other hand, is the guy who's product is not avail. unless it's part of the underground scene, orfamily line as we've seen

kobe hasn't even worn any of the exclusive HOH stuff really, unless you count press releases, see usc's

You all are forgetting another huge company that absolutely has plans to go after LBJ and launch their basketball shoe.

Under Armour

And trust me I hate them. I'm a big Nike guy. Apparel and all. But here in Baltimore where A LOT of people work for them, you pick up a lot of info frompeople. Espicially in the gym. I'm telling you. This is going to be their first BIG power play. Not saying they'll get him. But they're gonna takea shot.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

If he comes to New York he will get more money.
%%$ does that got to do with shoes???Man yall dont give up on that shhh he aint going anywhere why would he leave Nike (unless he launches his ownline via MJ)or leave cleveland the dude is the face of the state!!!cleveland can offer him more money than any other team and he is set to win it all NOW whygo to a busted franchise like the knicks and start from scratch?

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

If i were Nike I wouldn't set the bar that high...where else would he go
nerd.gif

'
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif

looif Nike doesnt offer him the highest possible contract any company would offer him any amount of money easily. Hes an instant profit to any company period.

Hmm...If Adidas or whoever couldn't offer more than 90mil to him back in 03 what makes you think they could 2010?
They could of but who the hell would give a unproven rookie 90 million dollars? Nike was brave enough, it was a hit or miss kinda thing and lookhow it worked out for them. Nike has made a killing of lebron and his line. Lebron wants to become a billionaire and everyone knows hes nost stupid enough tosign a contract for a low amount of money. If Nike lowballs him im 100% sure reebok or adidas will easily give him more.

Originally Posted by HMack007

You all are forgetting another huge company that absolutely has plans to go after LBJ and launch their basketball shoe.

Under Armour

And trust me I hate them. I'm a big Nike guy. Apparel and all. But here in Baltimore where A LOT of people work for them, you pick up a lot of info from people. Espicially in the gym. I'm telling you. This is going to be their first BIG power play. Not saying they'll get him. But they're gonna take a shot.

They have zero chance. Lebron is Nike for life.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Under Armour

And trust me I hate them. I'm a big Nike guy. Apparel and all. But here in Baltimore where A LOT of people work for them, you pick up a lot of info from people. Espicially in the gym. I'm telling you. This is going to be their first BIG power play. Not saying they'll get him. But they're gonna take a shot.

They have zero chance. Lebron is Nike for life.

If i were Nike I wouldn't set the bar that high...where else would he go
nerd.gif

'
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif

looif Nike doesnt offer him the highest possible contract any company would offer him any amount of money easily. Hes an instant profit to any company period.

Hmm...If Adidas or whoever couldn't offer more than 90mil to him back in 03 what makes you think they could 2010?
They could of but who the hell would give a unproven rookie 90 million dollars? Nike was brave enough, it was a hit or miss kinda thing and look how it worked out for them. Nike has made a killing of lebron and his line. Lebron wants to become a billionaire and everyone knows hes nost stupid enough to sign a contract for a low amount of money. If Nike lowballs him im 100% sure reebok or adidas will easily give him more.

Are you serious? professional teams take chances on unproven rookies EVERYyear....if another company had the ability to make a higher offer they would have.

Nike wasn't brave that's business "no reward unless the risk is taken"-Hova

I'm sure they won't low ball him but lets be serious it's a one horserace...him signing to another company would make about as much sense as him signing to a losing team.

NIKE & LEBRON need each other for max profit.

1. Hes the future of the league and NIKE, who else can
be the face of NIKE.
2. NIKE is the all powerful sneaker Co. , who has more
power than NIKE.

p.s. shoes on sale in '' outlets '' wont have any effect on contract talks.

Nike won't offer him more than his previous contract. Reality is that the Lebron line has not produced the profits that Nike expected. There's a reasonfor all these LeBron releases, it's an effort to make it up but to no avail. I don't know exact #'s but from what I know Nike's profit marginisn't what they expected from Lebron's line.

When Nike players leave and go to adidas or reebok their "sig" shoe is often irrelevant. Duncan had some really nice Nike's and with Adidas theywere no longer relavent. KG had some of the best Nike's ever and then his Adidas shoe is just ok. I can tell you I have the Nike Duncan's and KG'sand not one pair of their Adidas models. With Lebron being such a Nike and JB fan I can't see him leaving Nike. He's going to cash in on his next NBAdeal. I think that even if Adidas or Reebok (or absolute worst case scenario Under Armour), ( even worse would probably be British Knights) than Nike andit's close than Lebron would probably still stay with Nike. With the amount he's going to make would it matter if a company really offered even $15-$30million more if you don't care for that company?

fam all of nike's stuff ends up at the outlets...kobe, jordan all one way or the other will end up on clearance. At the end of the day itsmore about the name lebron james more than anything...same scenerio as apple and At&t....at&t got shafted big time with the iphone and its profits butthey get the name...the iphone is identified with at&t so that alone draws people in.

Originally Posted by harlem world 23

Good point, but don't you think eventually it will reach that point ?
they are pushing all his team soldiers and other shoes at lower price points, because simply put, his sigs aren't selling that well. this year has been different with nike's new approach of making their marquees a bit more limited, see kobe iv and bron vi, but again, how much will nike have to spend before they begin to break even?

Co-sign

seriously Nike has been pushing the Lebrons hard with no cigar. The massive amount of CWs arent helping the line either. Hed be lucky to get another 90 mill.

fam all of nike's stuff ends up at the outlets...kobe, jordan all one way or the other will end up on clearance
Yeah seriously its true...The only thing that doesnt consistently make some outlet are popular Jordan retroes. 2K4s,SHOXs,Hyperdunks,ZoomBBs,Blue Chips,AF 25 etc all make the outlets in some form are another. I think the LBJ II and IIIs sold really well I dont remember seeing them in outlets.Alot Jordans back in the day sat on shelves for a yr or so. Asking people to buy mass buy expensive shoes(120 and up) with no proven track record is hard todo.

Originally Posted by KingJames216

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

If he comes to New York he will get more money.
%%$ does that got to do with shoes???Man yall dont give up on that shhh he aint going anywhere why would he leave Nike (unless he launches his own line via MJ)or leave cleveland the dude is the face of the state!!!cleveland can offer him more money than any other team and he is set to win it all NOW why go to a busted franchise like the knicks and start from scratch?

42-15322079.jpg

You went hard for nothing....
smh.gif

There is a clause in his current contract that has him making more money if he goes to a major market like NEW YORK or LA or Chicago....
indifferent.gif

KickButt.gif

LeBron + Nike + New York = Stimulus money (okay, highly exaggerating but you get the point)

Nike should focus more on designers, I only like the AZG I and the Zoom LeBron IVs, step it up Nike

I want soooo much to give some new insight into this discussion.... but can't for a few reasons. Some info is privy to only a few folks, and others wouldknow where I got it if I posted it, and some is just my own thoughts on what should happen but for fear of THAT being Hijacked as well....Im not takin thatchance...

HMACK.. you are correct however on the UA side...and whoever said Lebron wouldn't entertain offers from UA is wrong.

LRMR will be entertaining offers from everyone. even PEAK.. .so don't get it twisted... as it makes PERFECT business sense for them to consider and listento everyone. After hearing a pitch for Lebron, they can then consider other folks they have signed to their Sports Marketing Arm and broker something from thataspect.

I will say that Lebron wants HUGE improvments from Nike on how things are done. They know how things are done now. They know what goes on behind the scenes..They also know Bron doesn't have his own Dedicated Team...

He hears Nike say ... hey we can make you the next Mike... but then Nike tells them.. they aren't selling like they thought.. (its the economy... blah blahblah) Not stuff Mav and company want to hear.....

Marketing alone will not do it for Nike this go round....Bron hasn't gotten many bonuses so he hasn't seen that full Contrcat money yet... and with hisfriends and family ordering as much product as they do, he doesnt see nearly all that Contract Money thats seen in the papers...

Kobe does, cause he's not spending so much on extra's for his fam and friends....

but I've said too much already...... again.

hes staying with nike. im surprised anyone would question that. he does need some better designs imo

Nike really need to evaluate Ken Link.....I don't like any of his designs.....he makes too many bulky boot shoes....Eric Avar needs to get on the Lebronship and see where it goes....He can just design for Kobe and Lebron exclusively.....he will bring us the heat believe that!

I'd bolt if given my own team dedicated to just me and a commitment to be the face of whatever brand. To me it always seemed like after the initialinvestment Nike really didn't put much else into the LeBron name. You don't pump 100 Million into someone then not take care of your investment.

it could go either way. but does nike really want two "sub-brands" under their name? its like owning three brands that compete against each other.

interesting...
does anyone think he'll 'branch' out, just like jordan?

I thought Reebok offered Lebron the most money during the that Reebok and Nike battle for Lebron. I could have sworn it was like 100 million.

Back
Top Bottom