Lebron James: Art of Passing

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Son made passing cool when I balled in HS I was always tryna make a sharp pass instead of Kobeying

As far as gentlemen that are tall that can pass the basketball, I don't care if it's LeBron James, Larry Bird, or Magic Johnson, all three are absolutely excellent passers. Larry was innovative for a guy his size being able to pass the way he did, Magic brought "Showtime," to LA, and LeBron James has revitalized the flash of being an excellent passer/playmaker for his teammates.
That said, if I'm wanting a guy to make plays for others, I'm still picking John Stockton or Jason Kidd.
And lastly, embrace LeBron James, he may be the last great player for a long time. I feel like not enough of you guys do.
When I say great, I'm talking Top-10 great.

Don't forget about Durant :smokin

Lol still remember that commercial. RIP Bernie.

Durant isn't top ten but remember, this kid is only 23 so he still has time to build his resume granted he doesn't get a career ending type of injury. His potential is through the roof.

But yea, I still see Lebron ending up higher on the all time list.

Watching LeBron grow as a player since high school has been awesome.

That last pass to Big Z has always been my favorite. No idea how he gets that much zip on that ball passing it backhanded like that.

JapanAir - to totally agree with how we should be appreciating LeBron too many douche bags these days who'd rather continue a never ending unprovable argument between who's better instead of just appreciating the game of basketball. NBA fans really irk me when it comes to this, it's the cool thing to do is to pick a favorite player and argue argue argue. Just watch the friggin game!

BTW I really do think Durant will be in the thick of things when it comes to one of the greatest players ever. He's just as much a freak as LeBron physically with that height and length. Mix that with the fact that he just doesn't miss, he could become literally unstoppable when it comes to scoring.

As Kobe walks out the door bring on the next who's better argument LeBron or Durant. Ugh :smh:

Last edited:
Durant's potential is lower than Top 10 of all time though. Not to nitpick. 8)

Do you think Kobe is top 10 all-time or at least could still get there then? Cause I see no reason Durant couldn't be equal to Kobe. I think Durant will end up the all-time leading scorer or at least has a real strong chance to do so, I think there is a very good chance Durant sneaks into top 10 of all-time. 23 and has 3 straight scoring titles, best scorer within the flow of a game we have seen since Michael.

^ Durant is not a better scorer than a prime Kobe, Iverson, or Mcgrady.

If you look at advanced stats, Durant has a way higher percentage of points that come off assists than these guys ever had.

And yes, Kobe is already top 10.

Last edited:
Sorry, at best I see Durant finishing no better than 4th at his position.

LeBron
Bird
Pippen
(Durant: Could be)

Overall top 10, not sure that is possible for him. Just being honest. Don't take that as me not liking him or hating him.

IMO, Kobe is the #2 SG.

^ Durant is not a better scorer than a prime Kobe, Iverson, or Mcgrady.
If you look at advanced stats, Durant has a way higher percentage of points that come off assists than these guys ever had.

meh. that just means he doesn't have to dominate the ball to get his 30. don't discredit the man because he catches and shoots better than the dudes you mentioned.

pounding the rock until you get a basket doesn't make you a better scorer

BTW I really do think Durant will be in the thick of things when it comes to one of the greatest players ever. He's just as much a freak as LeBron physically with that height and length. Mix that with the fact that he just doesn't miss, he could become literally unstoppable when it comes to scoring.
With his height and shooting ability, his game will age well. Barring injury, he'll probably pass MJ & be in Malone territory in all time points

Last edited:
KD will age well like Dirk.

Being that tall and shooting that well doesn't diminish quickly.

you clearly dont know what your talking about.
Bron IQ is insane.
its not fair to be that good and the matching IQ to go with it.

as smart as he is, he needs to know that he is the one that takes the final shot.. it shouldnt depend on a player that is not even close to his skill level.. so no, it is not better to make a good basketball play than a forced shot.. not if you're named lebron..

his passing skills are great, but unless he starts taking "hero" shots, then he will never be considered one of the all time greats...

as smart as he is, he needs to know that he is the one that takes the final shot.. it shouldnt depend on a player that is not even close to his skill level.. so no, it is not better to make a good basketball play than a forced shot.. not if you're named lebron..
his passing skills are great, but unless he starts taking "hero" shots, then he will never be considered one of the all time greats...

Lebron Dilemna if he passes :

1) The player doesn't make the shot, lebron didn't make the good decision
2) The player makes de shot, lebron made a great decision, trusted his teamates and has a high basketball IQ.

Lebron Dilemna if he shoots :

1) He doesn't make the shot, lebron didn't make the good decision, should've pass because he was under pressure, etc.
2) He makes the shot, he made the good decision because he is the man that needs to take the last shot.

Good or bad decision, it always depends if the shot is in or not. But it shouldn't work like that :smh:

That 9 minute video was a thing of beauty. :wow:

Man, I wonder how many of his former teammates miss playing with him. Made the game so much easier for them. :lol:

Last edited:
Kobe's decision making and passing ability has always and will always be suspect for his talent level.

Lebron Dilemna if he passes :
1) The player doesn't make the shot, lebron didn't make the good decision
2) The player makes de shot, lebron made a great decision, trusted his teamates and has a high basketball IQ.
Lebron Dilemna if he shoots :
1) He doesn't make the shot, lebron didn't make the good decision, should've pass because he was under pressure, etc.
2) He makes the shot, he made the good decision because he is the man that needs to take the last shot.
Good or bad decision, it always depends if the shot is in or not. But it shouldn't work like that :smh:

i dont know about that.. especially since there is no player at his skill level.. even in the all star game, you could see he didnt want to take the last shot.. if he misses, who cares..?? he's lebron.. you think people would tell jordan, or kobe to not take the last shot?

Kobe's decision making and passing ability has always and will always be suspect for his talent level.

Kobe is the dumbest great player ever. The worst part is I actually think he is an excellent passer when he is willing to do it but those times have always just been too few and far apart. I blame it on him growing up in the Jordan era and thinking basketball was a game where one man was supposed to carry the team on the back. Kobe has played with amazing talent his whole career pretty much and there were too many times where he didn't really fully take advanage of his teammates skill.

Kobe is the dumbest great player ever. The worst part is I actually think he is an excellent passer when he is willing to do it but those times have always just been too few and far apart. I blame it on him growing up in the Jordan era and thinking basketball was a game where one man was supposed to carry the team on the back. Kobe has played with amazing talent his whole career pretty much and there were too many times where he didn't really fully take advanage of his teammates skill.

yet he did help shaq become the mvp in the first year of their championship run.. leading the lakers in passing, and being the main ball handler.. playing with amazing talents still doesnt mean you win all the time..

Being good doesn't mean you shouldn't play smart. Are you really saying that Lebron forcing up a shot under pressure is better than feeding it to an open player? If you're being doubled or another player has a better look, it doesn't matter if you're Lebron or MJ, you pass the ball. It's called basketball IQ.

Back
Top Bottom