LeBron James hype is out of control (columnist goes IN)

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

100% real mother @@#@*#@ talk.

i would like to see cavs fans come up with a rebuttal and try to defend or deny this.

LeBron is averaging 43-7-6 this series. Insanity.

Bill Simmons has this thing called the 42 club. Only 15 players have ever done it, LeBron did it in '06 but not last year. Jordan did it six times (most ever). If your PPG + RPG + APG = 42 or more, you're in the club.

Jordan's the only player ever to go over 50, at 50.7 in 1990.

Right now, in 2009, LeBron James is at 51.8. He's having the greatest individual playoff performance of all time statistically.

Unfortunately his teammates haven't joined him for the series, thus they are down 3-1.

But LeBron has accomplished much much much more than Howard EVER has. This guy is a homer clamoring for some D12 love.

But numbers don't lie.
Lebron is playin' outta this world.. and you're right, #'s don't lie..

The only #'s that should matter...

1-3

Lebron needs to stop dominating the ball.

dude is dribbling around in iso, and either driving for himself or shooting fadeaways.. the only time he passes is when a teammate has been standing still onthe wing for 10 seconds and has a wide open jumper. stuff like that takes your teammates out of the game.

i understand that his supporting cast hasn't been up to par, but even if they weren't playing well, you're not giving them a chance to redeemthemselves when you play like that.

people will give him props for his crazy stats, just like when Kobe was putting up numbers. but he needs to learn that you won't win a championship playinglike that.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

100% real mother @@#@*#@ talk.

i would like to see cavs fans come up with a rebuttal and try to defend or deny this.

Bill Simmons has this thing called the 42 club. Only 15 players have ever done it, LeBron did it in '06 but not last year. Jordan did it six times (most ever). If your PPG + RPG + APG = 42 or more, you're in the club.

Jordan's the only player ever to go over 50, at 50.7 in 1990.

Right now, in 2009, LeBron James is at 51.8. He's having the greatest individual playoff performance of all time statistically.

Unfortunately his teammates haven't joined him for the series, thus they are down 3-1.

But LeBron has accomplished much much much more than Howard EVER has. This guy is a homer clamoring for some D12 love.

But numbers don't lie.

1-3

I agree.

That's the only number I'm worried about.

But his personal statistics were in reference to the writers complaints about LeBron's hype. As if he is an unproven rookie.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This thread just shows the nature of man.

Best in the league. Son hasn't raped anyone, ratted to the feds about anything, or publicly insulted or criticized teammates.

But yet it's ok to hate him because of the "hype" he gets. Naw don't get mad at the refs. Don't get mad at Stern, or Nike. Don't bemad at Vit-Water or Espn.

Let's be mad at Lebron for essentially being that damn good. Yeah lets get mad at him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

dude is dribbling around in iso, and either driving for himself or shooting fadeaways.. the only time he passes is when a teammate has been standing still on the wing for 10 seconds and has a wide open jumper. stuff like that takes your teammates out of the game.

i understand that his supporting cast hasn't been up to par, but even if they weren't playing well, you're not giving them a chance to redeem themselves when you play like that.

people will give him props for his crazy stats, just like when Kobe was putting up numbers. but he needs to learn that you won't win a championship playing like that.
EVERYTHING IN THIS POST WAS GOSPEL.....PREACH....

The suprising thing is BRON doesnt usually do those things..Im shocked to see him do that.....

I think if he can get back to lookin like a new age MAGIC with his court vsion...

The CAV's will win ths series.....

Originally Posted by knightngale

he is the greatest stat padder of all time

his rebounds basically happen cause he doesnt guard his man and goes to look for them as soon as the shot goes up

word to rafer in game 4

indifferent.gif
yea and dwight pads his stats because no one else onthe magic can get boards, they got hedo playin the 4
eyes.gif

LeBron is not overhyped...he's just on a team that would be complete garbage without him (thus he wont win a ring with this sorry bunch of losers).

If your PPG + RPG + APG = 42 or more, you're in the club.

Right now, in 2009, LeBron James is at 51.8.
Uhmm... not to be all nit picky... but LBJ is at 43-7-6...

and the 42 club... is if your PPG + RPG + APG=42...

and you say LBJ is at 51.8? Correct me if im wrong, but the correct math is 56.something...

just thought i'd point it out

dude is dribbling around in iso, and either driving for himself or shooting fadeaways.. the only time he passes is when a teammate has been standing still on the wing for 10 seconds and has a wide open jumper. stuff like that takes your teammates out of the game.

i understand that his supporting cast hasn't been up to par, but even if they weren't playing well, you're not giving them a chance to redeem themselves when you play like that.

people will give him props for his crazy stats, just like when Kobe was putting up numbers. but he needs to learn that you won't win a championship playing like that.

I think he has. If you saw last game, he was more of a passer and he upped his court vision. They were several plays that stood out in my mind where LeBron
beat the double team and found a teammates for an easy lay-up. He tried to get them involved and has shown a lot of confidence in his teammates abilities, but
I blame yesterday's lost squarely on the shoulders of his supporting cast.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

he's getting a lot of calls, but at the same time, he attacks the basket like nobody else in the league.
its unsettling to know that lebron understands his position in the NBA and what i mean is, if he wanted to, under clutch moments, lebron could quickly drive towards a defender, trip himself causing him to tumble over and get a blocking call every time. he is a great player but some of the things he does makes me cringe

Look at this LeSlurper:
[font=Arial, Helvetica]All of you silly people who are tired of LeBron James, do me a favor. Maybe you're a sportswriter or a blogger and you've written something like my friend at the Orlando Sentinel, Mike Bianchi, wrote on Monday. Maybe you're a reader and you've gone onto a message board and nodded along with something like you'll find here at CBSSports.com on Monday.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Here's the favor I need: Print out whatever you wrote. Print out whatever you read. The story, the message-board post, whatever. Print it. And save it. And 20 years from now, go back and read it.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]You'll be humiliated.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Because by then it will be obvious: The game's greatest player was right in front of your eyes. And you missed it.[/font]

http://cookies.sportsline.com/columns/story/11788957

I know LeBron's a great player, but c'mon. How many clutch shots has this dude made? I can think of 2, the one against the Warriors this season andthe one in game 2.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Look at this LeSlurper:
[font=Arial, Helvetica]All of you silly people who are tired of LeBron James, do me a favor. Maybe you're a sportswriter or a blogger and you've written something like my friend at the Orlando Sentinel, Mike Bianchi, wrote on Monday. Maybe you're a reader and you've gone onto a message board and nodded along with something like you'll find here at CBSSports.com on Monday.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Here's the favor I need: Print out whatever you wrote. Print out whatever you read. The story, the message-board post, whatever. Print it. And save it. And 20 years from now, go back and read it.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Because by then it will be obvious: The game's greatest player was right in front of your eyes. And you missed it.[/font]

I know LeBron's a great player, but c'mon. How many clutch shots has this dude made? I can think of 2, the one against the Warriors this season and the one in game 2.

that cbs writer missed the point of mike bianchi's article.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

btw, this should be relevant to this thread...

LeBron James who has already broken Dwyane Wade's record in Free Throw Attempts in a Playoff series, is now looking to break another Playoff Free Throw Attempt record, this one held by Shaquille O'neal.

James, averaging 13.7 FTA these Playoffs, is on pace to break O'Neal's Playoff record for Total FTA this season, and get this... in FEWER GAMES!

O'Neal, with a Playoff FTA record of 296 FTA after 23 games, is closely followed behind James' 151 FTA after only 11 games! As of May 25th, at the pace James is heading, and assuming he makes it to the NBA Finals, it will only take him a total of 22 games (1 game less than O'Neal) to break O'Neal's nine-year old Playoff record.

James already has set the record for FTA in a Playoff Series with 19.3 FTA against Pistons; a record previously held by Dwyane Wade in 2006 against the Mavericks at 16.2 FTA.

James, in his young career, is also closely placed 2nd behind O'Neal in Playoff Career FTA at 10.5 per game, with O'Neal holding the top spot at just 11.2 per game; just 0.7 attempts ahead of James.

sorry, Wade, but "The King" has taken your crown.

the name 'D-Whistle' has now been officially passed on to 'LeWhistle.'

it's sad how Lebron is getting more foul calls than a guy who was INTENTIONALLY hacked every time he touched the ball...
indifferent.gif
eek.gif

mind blowin.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Look at this LeSlurper:

I know LeBron's a great player, but c'mon. How many clutch shots has this dude made? I can think of 2, the one against the Warriors this season and the one in game 2.

THANK YOU for bringing that up In The Line For VIIs. Really appreciate you reminding me of this game.

That's because Mike Brown can't draw up a set to save his *$+%@$! life.

Dude is the worst.

You think he coulda drew up a play, similar to the one thatg got Rashad that 3 @ the end of game 4 ?

Hell no.

Honestly ...

Some of these so-called "Cavs" fans aren't really Cavs fans at all . They're Lebron fans . Who are yall going to root for when James leaves ?Mo Williams ?

Funny how people root for a team when they get a star player .

Originally Posted by AG 47

I think he has. If you saw last game, he was more of a passer and he upped his court vision. They were several plays that stood out in my mind where LeBron
beat the double team and found a teammates for an easy lay-up. He tried to get them involved and has shown a lot of confidence in his teammates abilities, but
he tried to be more of a passer, and ended up with more turnovers than assists.

how can the loss be SQUARELY on the shoulders of Lebron's supporting cast, when Lebron himself turned the ball over 7 times in the 4th quarter and OTalone?

Lebron is still learning how to play team basketball at this level. it was easy when his opponents weren't trying at all (the Pistons) or were injured andinept (the Hawks). but against a good team like the Magic, he needs to learn how to adjust his game.

Originally Posted by AG 47

he tried to be more of a passer, and ended up with more turnovers than assists.

how can the loss be SQUARELY on the shoulders of Lebron's supporting cast, when Lebron himself turned the ball over 7 times in the 4th quarter and OT alone?

Lebron is still learning how to play team basketball at this level. it was easy when his opponents weren't trying at all (the Pistons) or were injured and inept (the Hawks). but against a good team like the Magic, he needs to learn how to adjust his game.

but isn't he like a coach on the court, hasn't he seen every defense that could possibly be thrown his way .... hasn't he seen it all ...
laugh.gif

its simple .. the cavs were punched in the mouth in game 1 and haven't really been able to react ... i'll wait until the series is over for either teamb4 coming backing in here to comment ...

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Honestly ...

Some of these so-called "Cavs" fans aren't really Cavs fans at all . They're Lebron fans . Who are yall going to root for when James leaves ? Mo Williams ?

Funny how people root for a team when they get a star player .

QFT!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

1-3
roll.gif

i know OC responded to this, but i wanted to requote this.
i mean, lebron can score 100 points a game, but all that really matters is that whether you're team gets the win or not.
maybe he should stop scoring, and look to get his teammates into the game. if they're not shooting well, make their confidence go up, don't justdribble the clock down until theres about 4 seconds left .
and turn the ball over.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

1-3
roll.gif
i know OC responded to this, but i wanted to requote this.
i mean, lebron can score 100 points a game, but all that really matters is that whether you're team gets the win or not.
maybe he should stop scoring, and look to get his teammates into the game. if they're not shooting well, make their confidence go up, don't just dribble the clock down until theres about 4 seconds left .
and turn the ball over.

Man if Lebron scored 100 points that would something else $%+% lol, that might overshadow who won the game lol

Back
Top Bottom