Lebron Soldier III vs. Kobe IV

I saw some other guy's post in the hyperize vs zoom soldier topic and i was wondering the same thing... which shoe is better? the kobe IVs or the lebronsoldier IIIs? Also what's your opinion on the better shoe for a 5'8 player who plays the 2 position. thanks

You probably got it from me, then . I've been looking for a Soldier 3 and Kobe IV comparison for the longest time
laugh.gif

Thanks for making this thread, I was seriously going to make a thread, but saw yours.

I tried on both........ and i like the soldiers better....... cushioning in the soldiers are better and more support.

I have also played in both.

In general both shoes are great. They really are. But the Soldiers have the edge with better cushioning (Zoom Air) and better support (around the ankle andmidfoot too).
Kobes are more comfortable around the toebox. Also, Kobes are light, but they both do make the top 3 of the lightest basketball shoes all time! Soldier 3 (14oz), Kobe 4 (12.15 oz).

You can't go wrong with either one (unlike the Hyperize crap). Those, who don't mind a low cut shoe might wanna try Kobes.

Agreed with kaczalas that generally they are both great shoes, especially performance wise. Yes the soldiers have better cushioning and support, but for meI'd give it to the Kobes. I guess it's because I prefer the more marshmallowy feel of the lunar, and I've played in mine numerous times and theyhave yet to bottom out. Also I prefer a lower cut shoe so they work for me, but for the most part they do the job when it comes to protection, the soldiersjust have a more restrictive feel around the ankles and because of the straps, your foot is locked down pretty good.
With either shoe, you'll get a good ride with them, and both feel great, you can't go wrong with either one. Marshmallowy/Lowcut feel? orBounce/Supportive? Take your pick.

i agree with dneou20, i got 2 pairs of the soldier 3 and have played in one and have played many times in the zk4 as well and i feel like the zk4 respondsbetter but the soldiers have more support....however dneou bopped it on the head in regards to cushioning differences and etc....i feel the same way.

I have both and even though I've played in the zoom soldier 3s just once (and ZK4s numerous times), I prefer the zoom soldier 3s without a doubt. Bettermidfoot and ankle support as well as better cushioning. Just about the only area that ZK4s are better is traction. On a clean indoor floor, the difference isnoticeable but not enough to cause any concern at all. I like the zoom soldier 3s so much that I'll definitely relegate the ZK4s out of my rotation andthe zoom soldier 3s in

I have both and prefer the Soldier 3's...the only downside to them would be the roomy toe box.

I think it may have something to do with the patent leather.

Good read here. I actually play indoor volleyball and basketball in the Kobe 4 and I'm going to try out my Soldier 3s for the first time tonight for VB.I've only worn the ZS3 casually, so this will be my first go of them on the hard court.

Kobe's a little bit tight to start out, I would have been comfortable going up 1/2 size, but true size seemed to work out after a couple wears.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Good read here. I actually play indoor volleyball and basketball in the Kobe 4 and I'm going to try out my Soldier 3s for the first time tonight for VB. I've only worn the ZS3 casually, so this will be my first go of them on the hard court.
Ron, please let us know how that went.

go 1/2 up on zs3 like i should've. i'm still having pinky toe issues playing in my true size.

My size is 10.5 and the Kobe IV size 10 is only a little tight for me (I tried on 1 at the shop).

"Question." hahaha (sorry). Anyway, I went 8.5 in lebron iv's cuz 9's were too big,. Hyperize I went 9 and they were a lil too big. Should Igo 8.5 or 9? Thanks in advance. btw I have a wide foot.

^^you are probably going to want to go size 9. the toebox on the soldiers 3s dont have much room, so with wide feet they will feel extremely tight at first ifyou do the 8.5 and possibly even the 9.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Good read here. I actually play indoor volleyball and basketball in the Kobe 4 and I'm going to try out my Soldier 3s for the first time tonight for VB. I've only worn the ZS3 casually, so this will be my first go of them on the hard court.
Ron, please let us know how that went.
Sorry for the delay, Greg!

The ZS3 are...OK. Honestly, they don't hold a candle to the AZK 4. The ZS3 had decent cushioning (not a plush as the Lunar bottoms of the AZK 4) and Ifelt like the upper did a poor job of "gripping" the top part of my foot (under the tongue). I felt like my foot was swimming at times. Plus, thestraps are a little annoying when trying to get your shoe on quickly.

The AZK 4 is one of the best performing shoes I have ever played in. The onyl thing I would change on it would be the laces (make em longer!). My fav 3 ofall time are the AJ 14, AJ 22 and the AZK 4.

Back
Top Bottom