Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The right color on these and I could be convinced to pick a pair up. I bet they are going to be amazing on the court.

Appreciate all the pics dw 
nthat.gif

Thanks. 

Got a ton more, will try to put a few more of the good "detail" shots up with my review in the morning, got a little crazy with the camera on these.   

This review is greatly apprciated man, for me im more into the shoe for basketball purposes than casual outings, they looking real nice, if you mind pming me where you got them from itd be appreciated bro

These are the best Lebron model to date. It's not even close. I've haven't been this excited for a release in quite some time. I'm copping at least three colors.

The kotj colorway might turn out to be the first Lebron gr to sell out the first day. It's breathtakingly perfect to me. I'll go on record that with proper colorway execution , the Lebron XI will go down as the G.O.A.T of the Lebron series edging the 2,4,8 & 9.

This shoe really reminds me of a flightposite on steroids, hopefully they perform great.

These are the best Lebron model to date. It's not even close. I've haven't been this excited for a release in quite some time. I'm copping at least three colors.
7/8 > but these are a problem.

We definitely need some shots with some jeans

Last edited:
My LeBron XI Parachute Gold Review
photo.jpg

Initial impressions: Obviously coming from the LeBron X and X PS Elite, expectations were fairly high in terms of comfort. While many disagree about the aesthetics of the X, none that wore or played in them for any amount of time could legitimately argue its comfort level. The XI's did not disappoint here. The immediate comfort was quite surprising, these feel like they've already been "broken in" and the accessibility is much improved. My biggest gripe with the X was they came factory laced like competition figure skates, and the lacing system was so rigid, it was no easy task to get them loose enough to even get your ankle into the shoe. These are quite the opposite in this regard, the laces free easily, the foot slides easily into place, and the lacing system flows without effort in obtaining a secure fit.

photo.jpg

Comfort & Fit: The biggest change that worried many was the removal of the full 360 zoom air bag, and the addition of the "armorposite" materials. It seemed from design and pictures, the XI would be more "rigid" more "mechanical" in fit. Despite the tough exterior, the XI upper of the shoe is very soft and "mesh" like around the mid foot and leading up through the ankle support, very spongy and "glove" like in feel. As for fit, a nice change of pace with the XI going much more true to size, not only in length but considerably in width. I felt the 8's and X's had been remarkably narrow, and the 8,9,and X had also become a bit shorter in comparison to the 7 and prior models. The XI feels much more like the sizing scale that was abandoned for a few years, but present in the II, III, IV, V, VI, and VII. In comparison I wore a 10.0 in all X's (including Elites and lows) but these XI's are a 10.0 and fit perfectly. My true size is usually a 10.0, sometimes a 9.5 in Jordans. The tongue is similar to the X, mesh up to the point of the badge that houses the logo, but feels a little more solid, and feels a little thicker, really wraps nicely when laced up, seems like it will stay firmly in place.

photo.jpg

Technology: Obviously the lunarlon sole paired with the full (mostly full) length zoom air is the base of this beast. The best way I can describe it is a very firm mattress, which is responsive, but not "springy." The X was very "springy" and soft, these feel much more low to the ground (stable) aggressively geared to sharp cuts, momentum changes, transition from toe to heel, with pure responsiveness being the ultimate goal here. The "armorposite" is much more fluid than appearances suggest. It sort of shapes and curves the body of the shoe but the flywire and mesh inserts provide the secondary support through the foot. The mesh inserts on the sides create the "glove" like feel when these are secured on foot and laced for action. The mesh moves around the foot easily, and the improved lacing secures the fit with a sturdy lockdown. The lacing is probably my favorite improvement, so much easier to get on and off in a hurry. The X laces always seem to free themselves loose as well, these seem like they will "stick" in place and not come undone, based on the short hoop session I put them through.

photo.jpg

Weight: These are insanely lightweight. Holding them in my hand it felt like I was holding a Nike Free running shoe. The materials really combined nicely to make this the lightest LeBron we have seen. I'm sure the Kobe 9 will decimate the weight department in this years signature lineup, but for a LeBron shoe, the XI is incredibly light. I didn't get a chance to put them on the scale myself, but will definitely do so soon. (I never trust the "factory weight" specs on anything, have to see it myself)

Traction: Another improvement is the traction. The X was not "bad" in traction on court, but wasn't "great" either. I personally felt the 8 had the best traction pattern of the last few years on court. The pattern on the XI is a tad deeper in terms of grooving, and has some nice elements that wrap around the sole of the shoe, giving you ultimate traction in quick movements. I really felt I had maximum stability in explosive movements to the rim, and that changing direction on the fly is what these were made for. Will be interesting to see how they wear over time, but the outsole seems durable in appearance, and the pattern seems like it will hold up fairly good. The traction patterns on the outsole are divided into "pods" front and back, a la Jordan XX8. The dividing shank is not quite as deeply recessed, so they maintain that race car type low to the ground feel. The shank is not really noticeable on foot, and the pods feel solid, but not extremely differentiated when moving. The feel is extremely close to the floor, with maximum feel and the no lag time when changing direction, or rollover on cuts and jumps due to the removal of the air bag. Responsiveness is again what they seem to be tailored for.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Overall: If you want the the "latest and greatest" when stepping onto the court, these could be for you from a technical standpoint. Lightweight, comfortable, easily accessible, stable yet extremely responsive, little rollover in movements, aggressively engineered for one of the games most explosive and aggressive players. I can easily see guards wearing these for the lightweight and lower cut, but think that unless you are a giant center, most on court can also wear them from guards to forwards, which essentially is LeBron these days. The price is steep, (but cheaper than Jordan XX8's and Foamposites) as expected, and I'm not entirely sure the materials and technology warranted the full $20 increase over the X, but we know how that works, and this could be the "3-peat" shoe, so I'm sure it won't stop many. With my limited use, I think this shoe would be well suited for most positions (I myself play SG-Small Forward) but may be lacking for those players that are larger, and need a lot of "cushion" to make it through a long game. The heel cushioning and fit is another unexposed gem on the XI. The fit is grabbing in the heel, but well cushioned and secure, working with the deep pocketed sole, that sits firmly in place, and holds your foot extremely stern in place while running. I am impressed by the fit and the support that is offered in such a light weight shoe. I do think Nike nailed what they were after on this one, but that was an aggressive, responsive, lightweight shoe for the games top player. Non-basketball wearers might not feel the "great" satisfaction from these that they have from some of the more "casual" shoes of the past due to it's complex character and composition. Aesthetically it is a different "look" then we've ever seen from this line, I myself have had to stare at it for some time now, still am.

photo.jpg

I'm sure I forgot somethings, but feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions I missed. As always, just my thoughts, everyone will have differing opinions and conclusions from their own experiences with this shoe.

DW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom