Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I understand what your saying with the nicknames, because some of them truly are crazy and unnecessary. But a lot of them aren't fabricated by people on here, rather than Nike itself. We all know the ridiculous background stories/names they created for all the X's. Regardless, nicknames aren't really that big of a deal (at least to me) as long as people know what shoe you're talking about. I tend to believe hype follows shoes because of availability more so then what they're called

As for the KOTJ's, parachute gold's, or whatever people want to call them, i'm pretty sure they were dubbed that by Nike. I'll let JM clear that up though....?
View media item 540254

Last edited:
Wow! My man you seem like your sodium count is a little high today.. Might need to drink more water. I don't think that was necessary. IMO
You're right...a comment about buying shoes because of how some hot for 2 minute rapper wears them wasn't necessary...

Oh...wait, you meant my comment.  My bad.  Not salty at all, just not a platinum jock rider. 

I don't spend my days sitting around waiting for Wale or one of his buddies to wear something so I can get excited about it...I form my own opinions, like the one I have of him...and you...and the guy who is about to post something in response to this, or that.  It is a forum - Noun - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.  I shared my view, you shared yours...moving on now, and taking my originality and opinions with me. 

Yea...

I just get bored and start naming stuff..... I do that sometimes.

How do you feel about the name "mindless troll"?

Yea...

I just get bored and start naming stuff..... I do that sometimes.

How do you feel about the name "mindless troll"?
ahhh...with a dark grey/cool grey and maybe a deep cherry wine red colorway.  With a shadow looking figure on the tongue.  TADA!!!! the Mindless Troll

And I'll only buy them if I see a picture of Flava Flav wearing them while performing with a matching clock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaj6

Damn I was going pass on those lol but I can't lie I liked how Trinidad rocked them

You do sound like a "rider"....

"I don't see how Trinidad James made that shoe look any better than the countless other on feet pics we've seen.

I'm just saying thou....."

I don't know maybe because the shoes don't look all shocked up and sh*t lol I know you dudes in here hate this guy but I liked how he rocked them I don't care what u call me ! And to the other fool I'm not Gona argue .nike talk is filled with haters just cause these rappers dudes can get any damn shoe they want dudes on here hate them with a passion!

Last edited:
I think every 7 - 10 days I will pop in and say "Please stop with the names of the shoes".  Really, "War Machine", "Akron vs. Miami", "King of the Jungle", some of you are so hungry to try and be a part of a culture that started with 1's, 2's, 3's that you'll label things just to make the hype grow.  Ever notice that the BOX never has any of these weird names...that's because no one ever sat with lebron and said, make me a "King of the Jungle", or "Make me a "War Machine".  War Machine is Silver, Gun Metal, Black, NOT BLUE...

I love the look of the XI, but I just can't bring myself to sound like a 10 year old who is looking for a toy at walmart. 

Anyway, back to waiting for the next leak...and strange name.  Oh boy, they leaked the new Willy Wonka...STOP!
Oh okay, we'll just start ignoring the theme the shoes were designed upon, so don't call them "South Beach 8's" "Cork X's" "Sprite 8 lows" etc., because like you said it sounds childish...  We'll just spell out the entire color code to appease you sense "Space jam" "South Beach" "Miami Nights" don't appear on the freaking box.  

Make sure you also ignore the jungle print inside liner of the "Parachute gold/dark london/black/red XI's, it has nothing to do with the "King of the Jungle" moniker given to them for King James and his Lion symbol.     

All the nicknames with the Lebrons are not that serious to me cuz most of them come from the designers themselves anyway, like bahunt8 or dwood said. It's just an easy way to remember a particular shoe. I have different feelings when it comes to younger dudes giving new nicknames to Jordans though, if only cuz when I grew up with them, nobody was calling them "Cherry XIIs" or "Raptor VIIs" or whatever, but that's just part of the culture now for better or worse.

Last edited:
yeah, ive never been mad at someone who calls a shoe by the nickname it came out with or was given by the designers, its just when people make up their own names and act deadass and try to push them.

I'm after those Heat Aways, very nice colorway.  

Been wearing the heck out of these, ready for another colorway to pop up.
photo.jpg
is this pic retouched? this just pushed these over the edge.

Oh okay, we'll just start ignoring the theme the shoes were designed upon, so don't call them "South Beach 8's" "Cork X's" "Sprite 8 lows" etc., because like you said it sounds childish...  We'll just spell out the entire color code to appease you sense "Space jam" "South Beach" "Miami Nights" don't appear on the freaking box.  

Make sure you also ignore the jungle print inside liner of the "Parachute gold/dark london/black/red XI's, it has nothing to do with the "King of the Jungle" moniker given to them for King James and his Lion symbol.     
Okay superstar...I'll make sure I worry about the print on the inside liner BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL BE LOOKING AT IT WHEN I WALK IN THEM.  That is funny.  I'm sorry, but there is NOTHING about this shoe that makes me think "King of the Jungle". 

I get that it is an easy way to associate shoes with colorways, but a nickname for every damn shoe is too much.  Like I said, sooner or later the hype will be on the Willy Wonka 12s.  My point was that naming a shoe after a comic book character, when the colors are NOT the same, is stupid.  Calling a shoe the "King of the Jungle" is stupid.  If there were a lion eating a damn gazelle, I would get it.   

IN MY OPINION, it is annoying...

This is what happens when we have to wait for a release date down the road but pics have already surfaced. Threads turn into latest version of Ringling Bros... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom