Left Handed Lay ups a lost art in the NBA today

I have noticed nowadays a lot of Guards in the NBA don't finish left handed lay ups with their left hand guys likeNash, and Tony Parker
whats wrong with this basketball generation even manu a lefty does not finish with his right a lot.
Late 80's and mid 90's NBA had guys finishing with both hands.
AAU coach teach everybody how to finish with both hands where did this art go or is itout of style

Well....when you have a lot of specialized players and no basketball players you'll see that. How many guys in the L right now have complete games?Heck...there's only 3 superstars with complete games....Kobe, Melo, and Duncan...unless we talk about D then there are only 2. But as I was saying youdon't see players that have the complete package anymore and it's quite sad because THAT, contrary to popular belief, is probably the most detrimentalthing to the NBA right now. And it's starting to creep into college and high school ball too.

Monta Ellis could finish with either hand effectively
grin.gif

But yeah, I thought it was like a MUST to be able to finish with both hands...

Someone like Moochie Norris who was notorious for going left had a pretty successful career so I don't know...
ohwell.gif

Take a look at Odom, dude shoots left hand layups 99% of the time whether he is on the left, right or front of the rim.
eyes.gif

Kobe, monta, Bdiddy, dirk, Bron , A.I, CP, TD, JO, marbury, are probably the only guys that i can name that can finishwith both hands
KG and billups too but thats crazy tho what are these scouts doing

ITS KINDA FUNNY TO BECAUSE KOBE WHO CAN USE BOTH HANDS IS IN THE FINALS NOW WHY EVERYBODY ELSE IS GONE FISHING WITH THERERIGHT

Carlos Boozer finishes with both hands as well. Hes practically ambidextrous and the whole Steve Nash finishing only right on the left side is wrong. Hescoops it with both hands and is great at finishing with both.

Go Watch Eric Devendorf....really has a better off hand then 95% of people on any level.

It's nice to watch. And it is a lost art.

Originally Posted by biggieeb0y

Take a look at Odom, dude shoots left hand layups 99% of the time whether he is on the left, right or front of the rim.
eyes.gif
exactly what i was coming in to say. him and manu have no rights

This thread is a big reach. MANY players finish with their left. I don't see a decrease in terms of off hand usage from the 80's till now at all. Stoptrying to start generational wars

yeah it's true, i remember wen i tried out for my freshman bball team, the coach said that it was almost a must that u can shoot layups with your off hand,but it is kind of odd watching the nba and most players shoot layups with their strong hand more often than not.

True, but Im just going by the og topic. He started dunking w/ the left at unc when he messed up his right shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom