Legacy of Garnett-Pierce-Allen-Rondo; what happens to them now?

Ray should be with Boston and just come off the Bench. I mean he isnt gonna get much from other teams... we should definitely keep him. He is still a threat on the floor.

KG needs to resign. I cant imagine seeing KG in another uniform retiring with another team. IDK how i'd feel about that.

We dont even knwo if Ainge is keeping rondo and signing jeff green.

smfh

PG - Rondo - new backup
SG - maybe like a nick young. - Avery bradley - Ray
SF - Pierce - pietrus but more depth
PF - Jeff green - Bass off bench.
C - Garnett -

if we can get a quick scoring Sg we are good. Than sign jeff green.. and have ray allen come off the bench for 1 more run @ it. He doesnt need that many minutes.

we gud still. Pick up a a C like a Chris Kaman... if we get Kaman we are good. He is exactly wat we need.

Growing up as a kid in the Jordan days... Thank you Ray, Kevin, Paul and Rondo for giving me 5 great years of basketball to remember as a grown man. I can only imagine how much those 91-98 years would have been to watch as a 25 year old instead of a 10 year old.

I do not see Ray Allen going to MIA. I think he would rather resign with Boston for a smaller salary (still more than what MIA could offer) if they decide to keep the core intact. They really should keep everyone though and try to add a big man to compliment KG. Everyone saw this series when KG wasn't in the paint, Lebron and Wade attacked the rim with ease. I don't see the need to blow it all up just yet for Bsoton.

I actually thought Hollins played well defensively. He should have gotten more burn

Celtics should try to go after an SG who can start such as Eric Gordon and provide guaranteed offense. Bradley is not a starter yet. I could see him having a Tony Allen role though. Also try to bring back Allen (for sentimnetal reasons) off the bench.

I reallllllly hope none of these guys sell their soul and go play for the Heat or some +$@@.

I think this team just goes to prove Chucks point from earlier this year. In someone's career, they have usually 4-5 legitimate chances to win it all. And of those 4-5 chances, alot of things have to go right just to win one. This Celtic team proves that, no question about it. I thought they would win two since KG and Ray arrived, but every year they have competed well.

What really gets me, is that this team meshed so well. They didnt really have the difficulties that other teams do with more than one great player on the team. I think thats why I personally enjoyed watching the Celts these past few years, since all gave up their "star" roles, and focued on winning basketball games.

Also, I give Doc alot more credit for their success as well. It takes a talented coach to keep a bunch like that together, motivated to compete every night.

Its going to be tough moving forward after this series loss for Boston and their fans. So much up in the air, going to be tough to see what happens.

Keeping them together for another season really doesn't make any sense b/c they simply don't have the horses to run with the elite and/or young teams in the L. (The Heat, Bulls, Philly, Hawks, and Knicks for example). I mean, they would make the playoffs. But certainly wouldnt have any championship aspirations.

Celtics should let KG go and start Bass (business is business). Let Ray Ray go and start Bradley (though I'm not fully convinced that he is that good). And PP will just have to stick it out like he did before the Big 3 was even formed. Him and Rondo would still be enough to keep the team above .500.

- KG would be a fantastic addition to a contending team trying to get over the hump. Teams I could see him doing well with: Mia (especially if they don't win it all) or either LA squad. All 3 are legit contenders and all 3 are warm weather locations. Philly and Indy would be nice too but they both need more than just KG. All I know is that if Kevin doesn't retire or return to the C's, he will be HEAVILY pursued as a FA. Can't lie, I love the idea of him finishing up in Minny.

- Ray would be a great fit with a lot of squads as well. More than KG actually since he'd likely come cheaper than Garnett. The Knicks, Miami, Dallas, NJ, Chi, OKC...... Ray can pretty much sign anywhere and be a god fit. Him splitting time (like with Fields in NY) or him as a mentor off the bench (like with Brooks in NJ) or him as a transitional replacement for a season (for the JET in Dal) would all work.

Allens gone to be the missing piece to a contending team (DAL). KG will either retire or sign a 2 year deal. Rondo and Pierce definitely stay. IMO, if KG stays they can still contend in the East. Ray Ray was basically nowhere to be found and they took Miami to 7.

Apparently Ray's Top 2 teams to sign to during free agency are the Knicks and the Heat
pimp.gif

Gonna be an interesting Summer for sure.

as a celtics fan i hope ray goes i cant stand those aweful 3's he takes. i hope green is ready to go next season

Originally Posted by Peep Game

All these players (along with AI, T-Mac, Duncan and others) from that time period make me feel like how my dad felt when Magic,
Kareem, and all those other guys from that period started declining and retiring. Damn
30t6p3b.gif

It hit home for me when Allen Iverson started declining.

Damn I really liked watching Boston play together
30t6p3b.gif

I think Pierce and Rondo will stay. Garnett could retire or try it another year.If Garnett goes Allen will sign to a different team.Prospect teams would be Knicks or Mavs?
eyes.gif

In 2009, a year after winning championship..

The Celtics were on the road to repeat, easily. Then Garnett was injured for the whole playoffs and they still took the Magic (who went to the finals) to 7 games without they're most important low-post player.

They would have beaten the Lakers that year, no doubt in my mind. Lakers weren't ready for them again in 2009, they skimmed it out in 2010.

No Bias.

I think ray needs to hang it up after next season if not this season.

I loved dude growing up and I don't wanna see him go out in Hakeem Olajuwon status or Ewing

Back
Top Bottom