Legit and Price check for OG CARMINES

I JUST EDITED THIS FROM A PREVIOUS TOPIC. ARE THESE LEGIT AND PRICE? COMMENTS WONT MAKE SENSE.

THX.

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Its an OK deal. I paid around the same when I scooped my pair a few months ago (when the CDP IIIs dropped).

Prep the midsole with acetone and repaint using either Createx or Angelus Leather Paint.
Why would you use Angelus leather paint on the midsole?
Where can you buy acetone?

Angelus isn't just for leather, it's great for other materials too (like midsoles). Since it's designed for leather, it's just more flexiblethan other paints. Acetone is the main ingredient in fingernail polish remover, you can get a bottle of pure acetone for a couple bucks anywhere. Just go towal-mart, target, walgreens or wherever and it should be in the cosmetics area with fingernail polish and stuff.

Those should be a pretty easy restoration and will look good afterward. The elephant print is the only thing that is a litle more tricky to try and restore. If you haven't already, check out the Post-restoration thread in sneaker showcase. There is a lot of information about fixing up IIIs.

going to take some time. make sure to prep em hard get all the paint off till the leather is sticky or dullish gray if u wanna make really sure. acetone go tothe paint section at a lot of places fred meyer by my house has it there. nail polish will work it might just take more time cause its not as strong as pureacetone. search youtube for sneaker restoration or custom videos they are a decent guide if you find a good one, and cant get the idea from reading the forums.keep us posted on how they turn out.

going to take some time. make sure to prep em hard get all the paint off till the leather is sticky or dullish gray if u wanna make really sure. acetone go tothe paint section at a lot of places fred meyer by my house has it there. nail polish will work it might just take more time cause its not as strong as pureacetone. search youtube for sneaker restoration or custom videos they are a decent guide if you find a good one, and cant get the idea from reading the forums.keep us posted on how they turn out.

Im going to decrease toebox, acetone repaint and do a regular cleanup of soles and toes.

Anyone have a price?

^are we talking a price for these materials? if so, about $20 for materials and you should already have an iron for decreasing toebox. i wouldn't it justbecause it's going to weaken the leather.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^are we talking a price for these materials? if so, about $20 for materials and you should already have an iron for decreasing toebox. i wouldn't it just because it's going to weaken the leather.
It won't weaken the leather that much. It will thin it, but its not like it will rip or tear.

Price check on the kix?

^^^ I was trying to do a price check on the shoes not materials. lol. But thanks anyways.

Not much in this condition. Would be worth a lot more had they not been retroed. Give or take $100.00. You could find the right buyer willing to pay morethough.

The most that you can get more them Right now without doing abything to them is maybe around 150. But also it looks like by the air bubble that they dont havealo of life in them, Are they cracked yet?

Back
Top Bottom