Legit check: AJ3 retro '88 white cement

Hi guys,

New to this community, awesome discussions going on.  I know there is similar posts, and the info on there is great.  From what I can tell, my 88's are legit.. they were apparently purchased from House of Hoops.. bought off a guy online - and he charged the price I would expect.

Keen for your thoughts...

The piping around the tongue is not nice and smooth it is very jagged and beat I think this is what ispykel was meaning. They are GM in my opinion. E print is also darker on one shoe then other.

So GM... does that mean they're made by Nike but not sold through Nike official channels?

Last edited:
Nike doesn't make shoes they send blue prints to china and they make them over there. Some say they are legit just unauthorized and some say fake or replicas because they are not authorized. Best bet would be for you to search the grey market thread and form your own opinion on the matter. Because no one truly knows because none of us are there to see the truth. So search the thread and read all the info on it and decide for your self bro.

Nike doesn't make shoes they send blue prints to china and they make them over there. Some say they are legit just unauthorized and some say fake or replicas because they are not authorized. Best bet would be for you to search the grey market thread and form your own opinion on the matter. Because no one truly knows because none of us are there to see the truth. So search the thread and read all the info on it and decide for your self bro.
Yup, I wonder if some little Chinese guy grabs a couple of pairs from the legit factory over there and puts them up for sale on ebay if they automatically become fake because they are so called unauthorized? lol...

anyone else?  From what I can tell, its just the tongue that looks a bit off/low quality.. but everything else looks perfect to me.. I'm leaning towards either low quality legit.. or high quality GM.. sound fair?

jury is out...bottomline OP is you're not gonna get a accurate answer.

i say legit off da font alone.

Bump.  Anyone else want to throw in your opinion?  It sounds like I'll have to form my opinion based on numbers :smile:

idk these look legit to me im not an expert on these i actually got burn by a GM pair so take that with a grain of salt bro the GM that were sold to me shoe strings were hella thick and wide and the EP (elephant print)was darker than the ones pictured.

Thanks I appreciate the input. I've compared the box etc to a legit pair and it's flawless so I'm leaning legit again now

i think its fake or u can call it GM if it makes u happy, but i might be wrong. However, i do have a pair of authentic jordan 3 88 straight up from Nike and another pair i bought from EBay, which is exactly the same as yours with the correct logo (perfect "R", etc...) and the bunched up/crooked tongue. I called the guy out, and he gave me my refund. That being said, its really hard to tell, cus most fakes look exactly like the authentic. One way to tell is how the shoe feels. If your 88 feels like hard leather, its fake. The 88 are made with tumbled leather, so its suppose to feel soft as hell.

jury is out...bottomline OP is you're not gonna get a accurate answer.

i say legit off da font alone.

dude, look at the elephant print... its so big its like 2 inches thick on the toe cap. its also a lighter shade than most but really that not an issue but look how big and awkward looking it is.

obvious fake/GM shoe

im not hating, but when some people say they have a GM 88,  i think the shoe is straight up fake. for example thick lining/strings, wrong tint of color, etc... But if you think about it, if it was GM, it is suppose to have the same exact material and coloring since it came from the same factory and blueprint. If any of the lining, color, and material are wrong, means they used a different material/blueprint/factory, which makes them fake.

And its not even high quality fakes/GM. high quality GMs are concord 11s when the difference is the yellowed sole vs the brand new icey sole, and the shoe looks exactly the same.

Your going to start a riot saying GM is fake lol let me just say this I'm not knocking anyones preferance on what they want to rock on there feet me personally I prefer RD kicks. The seller who got me wit my 88's was a friend who himself got burned and he was really hesitant selling them to me (hindsight is 20/20) but he made it right and of course gave me my $$ back funny thing is he said "I don't even want to see them sh*ts please throw them bit*h's away" lol I wouldn't dare trying to sell them ill probably cut grass in them or something long story short these 3"s are hard to tell BUT u still can tell. I was SO stoke to just have them I didn't do proper research why I love this site

lol. i not saying GMs are fake. Im trying to say people mistaken fakes as GMs. some shoes are clearly fake, and they say its GM.

Yeah it's been hard to find a legit pair over here (Australia) as they didn't release here. These were some of the best I found. I wanted to do flightclub, and had even paid them via PayPal, then they said they don't trust PayPal (not sure how!?) so they refunded. I wanted to go through them for a 100% confident legit pair but no dice. Oh well guess now I have a GMish pair. Leather is nice and soft so that's a good sign I suppose! And they feel good on also.

Yeah it's been hard to find a legit pair over here (Australia) as they didn't release here. These were some of the best I found. I wanted to do flightclub, and had even paid them via PayPal, then they said they don't trust PayPal (not sure how!?) so they refunded. I wanted to go through them for a 100% confident legit pair but no dice. Oh well guess now I have a GMish pair. Leather is nice and soft so that's a good sign I suppose! And they feel good on also.
Wow i wonder whats up with flightclub not taking paypal thats Wack! Good luck in the search bro

u were gonna pay 500+ for a pair of 88s on flightclub? you must be ballin lol. why not just pay thru CC if they dont accept paypal?

Back
Top Bottom