LEGIT CHECK : LOUIS VUITTON MILLIONAIRE SUNGLASSES (AKA KSTEEZY VS LUBU1)

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by FEETure

i feel what steezy is saying. if you like it and can afford it then do you. theres alot of stuff i do that im sure people think is silly but what do i care.

with that said, i just hate it when people act as if price justifies quality all the time. this is not having to do with anyones post in here more so with people i know. im no penny pincher when i have the funds so i know whats its like to want and buy nice things, but this designer stuff is something I just cant get into. its just like with sneakers though, if yezzys(which i happen to like very much) were 59.99 and called air yeltzerbobs they would rot on the shelves.

Im willing to be that if LV maintained there same quality and design BUT was priced at only 75 or less it wouldnt be as popular to most people.

im also willing to bet that if i purchased a white/azure checkerboard belt from old navy or where ever no one would inquire or care about it. it would probably be considered tacky.

So are the pro LV people just going to act like this wasn't posted? At $20 or $200 or whatever the price is, checkered blets are flat out tacky and if they werent LV people would see them as such. It works for womens bags and mens wallets but imo it just looks sooooo tacky and obnoxious in bet form. 

I'm pro LV and various luxury brands.  I always thought the whole "damier" or checkered craze was stupid. I also thought the LV & Gucci print was stupid.  If i'm correct, the "G" print was brought back by Tom Ford when he was head of Gucci trying to re-vamp the brand.  Various people like LV brought their monogram prints back after seeing the resurgence of this look.  I still to this day think it looks ridiculously stupid. 
I was thinking about copping an LV wallet for a while...cause as many folk in here have mentioned, the quality is superb, but I don't want to get caught walking around with that gaudy "LOOK AT ME" wallet...I was looking into this...

louis-vuitton-florin-wallet-cheapest.jpg

Didn't need to cop, since my girl got me another wallet that I prefer as a gift.

Originally Posted by FEETure

I hate the cant afford it argument because people often confuse afford with purchase. by that argument alone, if you see me in LV yo have to assume i can afford it when that may not be the case at all.

i know plenty of people who purchase LV,Gucci and what have you that cant afford it.

i know plenty of people who can afford it but dont purchase it.

because of its status and recognition, people who cant afford LV often purchase it to 'look' as if they can afford.

Very True.

Its hard to tell when it comes to milli's unless you have them in your hand...Milli's are heavy.

The fake Milli's on todays market are spot on...down to the wooden box. So unless them joints come with a valid receipt or you know for sure that they're bought at a LV store... I wouldnt do it

PS....Dont expect to get real milli's, Used or not, for under $2k....

Can we get this settled. Is it real gold on the metal parts of the millionaires? I see people said it's 14k gold as well as other people telling me it is real gold but I would think if it was LV they would at least use 18k. And if that was the case why aren't there any markings indicating it's gold.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Can we get this settled. Is it real gold on the metal parts of the millionaires? I see people said it's 14k gold as well as other people telling me it is real gold but I would think if it was LV they would at least use 18k. And if that was the case why aren't there any markings indicating it's gold.

Im thinking its brass like the Evi's....

Milli's were like $1200 retail right?...With Gold prices and LV's mark up...wouldn't you find that to be a little too cheap?...

I would think 18k, too.

buy what YOU want ... buy want YOU CAN AFFORD ...

it's really that simple

there are MANY BRANDS better than gucci, LV ... it really depends on what you're getting from them ... u can't possibly expect LV to have the best of everything ... now that wouldn't make sense ...

Aesthetics factor into a lot of my purchases ... so i got some LV and Gucci ... but as i've made more $$ i've discovered brands just as good with rich histories for things i want and buy ...

cRazy dav0 wrote:
buy what YOU want ... buy want YOU CAN AFFORD ...

it's really that simple

there are MANY BRANDS better than gucci, LV ... it really depends on what you're getting from them ... u can't possibly expect LV to have the best of everything ... now that wouldn't make sense ...

Aesthetics factor into a lot of my purchases ... so i got some LV and Gucci ... but as i've made more $$ i've discovered brands just as good with rich histories for things i want and buy ...

all of this.

On a related note, I just scooped this up yesterday (not my pic)

IMG_3645.jpg

Been wanting it for a while but i just felt the price was just too steep. But after a while I realized that I still had a strong desire for it and that's when I realized that since it's something I'd thoroughly be happy purchasing, why not?

It's
pimp.gif
as hell BTW
laugh.gif
, i love the simplicity and quality of it mainly but damn do they run small.. I usually wear an XL (2XL in those polyester shirts) and I had to get this in a 3X!
laugh.gif

But like cRazy said, 'buy what you WANT and buy what you can AFFORD'.. dont buy something and end up with $10 in your bank account afterwards, not a good look nor worth it.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Its hard to tell when it comes to milli's unless you have them in your hand...Milli's are heavy.

The fake Milli's on todays market are spot on...down to the wooden box. So unless them joints come with a valid receipt or you know for sure that they're bought at a LV store... I wouldnt do it

PS....Dont expect to get real milli's, Used or not, for under $2k....
if what you're saying is true then da credibility of da real ones are shot and prices ARE under 1k as well...its like da housing crisis..when everyone forecloses around you, your house is worth less too and

all you did was breath air.

Milli's were like $1200 retail right?...With Gold prices and LV's mark up...wouldn't you find that to be a little too cheap?...
millis were released in 2005-2007 when gold prices were alot more reasonable, so they're definitely not brass.

for da record, da shades were marketed as having 18k plated gold.

True. I was too poor back then, they weren't even on my radar.

ninjahood - I doubt they are even gold plated. That retail price just seems so low.  Last time there the SA was showing me an iPad case at almost $900 and one of their little boxes/trunks if you want to call it that (only like 5"x5"x5") for $3000. Funny thing is she even told me their items are whey overpriced

they prolly aren't legit. within the last year well detailed bootlegs of them came out and they were all over the websites that specialize in thet stuff

everyone who owns those knows the cost and what the demand is and how much people will pay for legit ones

chances are if a persons selling them low, and they aren't being sold buy someone who stays having legit stuff they are the bootlegs

he's da other side of that argument though, if fake ones flooded da market are dead on, and you have a real pair but you lost your reciept or w/e, chances are you aren't getting

what you paid for em are dead in da water as well.

29vz8ly.jpg

After further review...You see the "Louis Vuitton" inside box?....Its crooked as hell, LV prides themselves on craftsmanship... They wouldn't let that happen.

FAKE

29vz8ly.jpg

After further review...You see the "Louis Vuitton" inside box?....Its crooked as hell, LV prides themselves on craftsmanship... They wouldn't let that happen.

FAKE
imagine if he didn't have that...say like this fellow right here.....

http://hypebeast.com/forums/other-goods/146793/#post2892031

how would you tell? real pairs are in da same boat as da "fakes" that are out in da market....no one is paying more then what da going rate of em on ebay has been which is just about 600ish

^^^ Like I said, The new fakes are spot on... The only way to tell is the weight and The Hardware on the fakes probably fades after a while... Other than that, theres really no way you can differentiate the reals from the fakes with a Pic... its ridiculous

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

My friend brought me back some Ray Ban Wayfarers as a joke from Libya. Cost him about $4
laugh.gif

I have compared the glasses with some real ones and the resemblance is amazing. The only difference is the lenses on the Libyan ones are a little thinner. That's it

Nah, that's not it. Weight will be off. There won't be the RB etched on the left lens. There won't be a metal rod going through the frame.  

Back
Top Bottom