Legit Check - Question

Guys, I bought a pair of safari 87 runners from Taiwan.. Honestly the shoes look legit to me. The box has a nike tag with size and what not, and also a sticker with taiwanese writing on the other side of it.. My question is, do shoes from over-seas (sold in other countries) come with the tear off suggested retail tag..  

I know all nike shoes in the US come with them.. Most people rip them off. 

Guys, I bought a pair of safari 87 runners from Taiwan.. Honestly the shoes look legit to me. The box has a nike tag with size and what not, and also a sticker with taiwanese writing on the other side of it.. My question is, do shoes from over-seas (sold in other countries) come with the tear off suggested retail tag..  

I know all nike shoes in the US come with them.. Most people rip them off. 

If I'm not mistaken, some shoes from overseas don't even have a tear off MSRP tag...

If I'm not mistaken, some shoes from overseas don't even have a tear off MSRP tag...

Markets outside of the US have to deal with a lot of different currencies, so they don't bother putting an MSRP tag on the box. I'm not sure if it's the case with the Safari 87, but on a pair of the AT1 Safari I got from Asia it came with a card describing how to properly use them (or at least I think that's what it was all about)

Also the shoes won't have the size sticker on the insole, it should have a materials sticker denoting what the upper, inside, and outsole are made out of.

Did you buy from a reputable site? Where did you cop from?

Also, a lot of boutiques or online retailers that sell models above retail will remove the sticker regardless of whether they are int'l or domestic because they don't want to flaunt the mark up they are charging to the consumer who may not know what retail is supposed to be.

i inspected the crap out of the box. there is no "tear" off marks. I bought from an over-seas seller. he had over 3000 feedback.  im really curious to know, if shoes over-seas, have the tear off MSRVP tag on the box.

With the Safari 87 you also have to ask yourself, why would someone make a pair of fake Safaris? It's never been a big seller, it's never had a huge enough following to affect after market value. Shoes like that are pretty safe from being faked since there isn't a big enough following to justify making fakes of it.

Back
Top Bottom