Lenny Cooke: Star to Be Who Never Was (UPDATE)

cooke-1-articleLarge.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/20...;partner=rss&emc=rss

eek.gif

Gonna read the article right now...but HOLY %++% @ his size now
eek.gif

If everything worked out, Lenny Cooke and Darius Miles were gonna play under Jarvis @ St. John's...that squad would have been interesting to watch w. Omar Cook running the point

On the topic of ballooning basketball players, has everyone seen what has happened to Michael Sweetney?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

On the topic of ballooning basketball players, has everyone seen what has happened to Michael Sweetney?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Ballooning b-ball players should almost be a separate thread...
30t6p3b.gif
  Saw the pics of Sweet and I was absolutely floored.  Couldn't believe it. 

After arriving with a phalanx of relatives, Cooke’s mother, Alfreda Hendrix, explained that her son had heeded the wrong calling and had mistaken what was given to him as something he had earned.

As far as the article, this was a deep quote from his mom...

Damn was it that long ago i saw a follow up story on him in SLAM magazine. He still looked like a ball player. Now that pic doesn't even look like him

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If everything worked out, Lenny Cooke and Darius Miles were gonna play under Jarvis @ St. John's...that squad would have been interesting to watch w. Omar Cook running the point
That was never going to happen 
laugh.gif
 DMiles and Cook was in class 2000 they weren't going to stay at St john's for there junior YR 

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

That was never going to happen 
laugh.gif
 DMiles and Cook was in class 2000 they weren't going to stay at St john's for there junior YR 
 It was an extreme long-shot but there was the possibility that all 3 COULD have played together had everything worked out and they stayed/went to school. 

crazy how everthing went Left for Lenny especially after that Matchup VS  Lebron at ABCD camp 
to many people was giving him bad advice
30t6p3b.gif
 celebrities to make it even worst 

eek.gif
damn I havent even read the story yet but just by looking at this pic I can tell its been bad. I still remember when espn showed those highlights of bron and cooke at camp. Of course ESPN was trying to hype up a rematch in the league but cooke never was put in the game. Think it was a preseason and he was with the celtics

sad story. swear we get one of these articles on lenny cooke every year

For whatever reason I remember him being on a little segment on SportsCenter saying "I don't think I'm better than Lebron, I know I am."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

frown.gif
tired.gif

Saddest thing in life is wasted talent

“I mean, look at where he is, how much money he makes and where he came from,

Back
Top Bottom