Leonardo DiCaprio Vs Denzel Washington Vol. Who's the better Actor

DiCaprio no question. Washington isn't as versatile and bores me, he is appreciated though. Behind Daniel Day-Lewis, DiCaprio is top 3.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Anyone who says Denzel has only seen one movie by him.

The dude is the SAME in every movie.
indifferent.gif

Yeah that waste of space on the page wasn't necessary. Denzel does play the same character is every movie.
Shut up.

indifferent.gif

Yeah that waste of space on the page wasn't necessary. Denzel does play the same character is every movie.
Shut up.
laugh.gif

Why you so mad bro, hes just an actor. An actor who does a good job at playing the same part in every movie.

indifferent.gif

Shut up.
laugh.gif

Why you so mad bro, hes just an actor. An actor who does a good job at playing the same part in every movie.

laugh.gif

edit: 4000!!

DiCaprio.. I feel like his roles are usually more diverse, involved and intricate. I'm not going with the denzel being the same character in every movie argument, but Leonardo DiCaprio is something else..

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by air4life

Denzel with no versatilty?  Man, playing Malcolm X was like playing 3 different characters.  Training Day, Mo better blues, Devil in a Blue dress, AG?!?  I'll go with Denzel.  I do like Leo as well.  And don't sleep on my man Samuel.  
I want to see Denzel go for a role thats outside his comfort zone
I want to se Denzel CAST in a role that is out of his comfort zone. 
BTW Denzel all the way. 
Since Denzel is so great  then I'm sure an actor with his resume could get any role thats outside of his comfort zone if he wanted to

M1dnightMobster:

Like I said in another thread earlier this year... all the same? His character in Training Day was so similar to his rolein He Got Game, which was practically a carbon copy of his character inGlory. And all of those roles were pretty much just the same as hisrole in Antwone Fisher, and that was just a cheap re-write of his rolein AmericanGangster, which was practically just a prequel to John Q. Then there'sPhiladelphia, Man on Fire, and Remember the Titans, which were all justmore of thesame.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Originally Posted by air4life

Denzel with no versatilty?  Man, playing Malcolm X was like playing 3 different characters.  Training Day, Mo better blues, Devil in a Blue dress, AG?!?  I'll go with Denzel.  I do like Leo as well.  And don't sleep on my man Samuel.  
I want to see Denzel go for a role thats outside his comfort zone
I want to se Denzel CAST in a role that is out of his comfort zone. 
BTW Denzel all the way. 
Since Denzel is so great  then I'm sure an actor with his resume could get any role thats outside of his comfort zone if he wanted to

Thats not true. How many times have Al Pacino or Robert Dinero been cast in the same type of role. As great as they are they have been largely pigeonholed holed as similar characters throughout their careers. Jack Nicholas too.  Leo gets alot of diverse parts because he never really had to carry a film on his back. His greatest movies, imo, he had a great cast around him to play off of.

Also given the age at which Leo started acting, more diverse roles are available for him, just because that's the way Hollywood works. I don't think Denzel should be slighted for not playing out of his "safe zone", because how many actors his age and stature get roles that are obscure? Phillip Seymore Hoffman, and Daniel Day Lewis are the ones who come to mind, and they aren't house hold names.

I feel untill Leo can deliver a performan that rivals Denzel in Training Day, Malcolm X, Glory, or Philadelphia this conversation is premature.

Leo acting by far....

Leo can play a character like DW did in Taining day, but i doubt we can see DW pull off a shutter island

I will take Leo.
But as far as the most versitile actor, how you go from this

edward-scissorhands.jpg

to this

ed1.jpg

to this

Willy%20Wonka.jpg

to this

pirate_jack_sparrow.jpg

to this

johnny-depp-mad-hatter-alice-in-wonderland.jpg

sick.gif
pimp.gif

i think leo will pass depp. it depends on a lot though.

but depp and burton ruined willy wonka. that was a big thing to mess up.

props to you for ed wood. i forgot that movie existed.
laugh.gif
it's underrated

Denzel may have had the best performances (to date) of the two, but as a whole Leo is more consistent.

I will say Leo rarely puts out a non-great movie, while Denzel lately shoes up for a big payday with another big co-star and mails it in.

It's really apples to oranges.

The two of them should do a movie together. That would be tight.

i guess sometimes you can say the same about Depp.. guy is always trippy and prancing around
laugh.gif

he's that dude tho
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
dudes have selective memory. denzel plays the same role in every movie? the only way anyone could possibly think that is if they've only watched "training day" and "american gangster." he's played a wide array of roles with contrasting personalities but i don't understand what you expect him to be doing.. is he supposed to bleach his skin and play a white painter? dude is a black actor and plays black people in movies. i don't understand how that renders him one-dimensional.

Obviously he doesn't play the same role, but to me he doesn't change anything about him. It's just him in another movie.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Thank God someone said this.
Malcolm X
Training Day
John Q.
Man on Fire
Glory

Yeah all those roles are EXACTLY the same. C'mon man...do you guys even believe that?

Denzel easy...

I don`t get how people say he plays the same role either. Even if that was the case, every good/great actor (with Depp as probably the only real exception) plays the same role to a certain extent.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Thank God someone said this.
Malcolm X
Training Day
John Q.
Man on Fire
Glory

Yeah all those roles are EXACTLY the same. C'mon man...do you guys even believe that?
They're different characters but he's basically playing the same role.  We're talking about versatility, which meaning something outside of his box.  Kinda like Book of Eli

Back
Top Bottom