let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I mean, #%*+%% wanna give his spot to some cat that's never played an NBA game from some Division VII college 5 mins from the bronx. C'mon b.

Iona plays in a tougher conference with a hell of a lot better athletes than the Ivy League what the hell are you talking about? Less not we forget that Lin was a few days from being released and had the opportunity with one of the best players in the league, Amar'e. And now he's all of a sudden he's a golden child for 4 weeks on top of having a knee surgery? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by 7thAve btn 31stN33rd St

I mean, #%*+%% wanna give his spot to some cat that's never played an NBA game from some Division VII college 5 mins from the bronx. C'mon b.

Iona plays in a tougher conference with a hell of a lot better athletes than the Ivy League what the hell are you talking about?
Lin played well during his brief stretch of games in the N B A though, not college. He looked bad vs Miami but you have to remember, this was his first go around getting consistent playing time, if he is cheap and the best available option (assuming Nash is unlikely), then you have to keep Lin here.
Sure he has his flaws but he is more serviceable then some of the other FA options that are REALISTIC to sign.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Not off the Lin train, but I'm not trying to pay that fare either.
rimshot.gif

Lin isn't going to be cheap. Remember the NBA is notorious for inflating and over valuing players. All I'm saying is we need a PG, he wasn't drafted. He's a pass first PG with a good basketball body Give him a workout or put him on the Summer League team.

Lin isn't going to be cheap. Remember the NBA is notorious for inflating and over valuing players. All I'm saying is we need a PG, he wasn't drafted. He's a pass first PG with a good basketball body Give him a workout or put him on the Summer League team.

he's going to be practicing with USA team 

Exactly. 40 Mil, with 30 of that back loaded on the last 2 years of a 4 year contract. Miss me with that.

For that just go extra hard for Nash. Atleast I know Nash is going to get us 10 assist per and prolly more now that he would be surrounded by a better team than he had in Phoenix. Nash also knows when he needs to score and when he needs to just get the other guys involved. Im still not sure Lin knows the difference. And Nash can handle pressure from opposing defenses. No1 is going to double Nash with Melo, Amare, Chandler, and Novak or JR ready to attack or hit a wide open shot. Nash is gonna be calm and composed. He will find the open man every time.

Which is why I feel like we are a good PG away from being something real scary. We have all the weapons. Just no1 to get those guys the ball in good scoring positions, and keep the other teams defense on their toes.

If Lin works on his game he could definitely fill the void we have at point. But that contract right now seems a little overzealous.

Lin is a big money draw, from a financial standpoint Dolan will do what he can to keep him, once Nash is out of the way he will give in.

I agree with this. It would be great if we can get both Lin and Nash but I just don't see how that would be possible. Lin working with Nash could turn into something great. Landry can go but I would want to keep Shumpert. I really hope they don't end up trading him. I'm tired of this team giving up good role players just to pickup superstars who end up falling short every time. It's like a damn curse.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

rimshot.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 That's awesome.

If they really wanted Machado, he was right there for the taking.  As much as I like the kid, he's not a better fit than Lin is right now.  And I don't really care for Lin as much as some fans.  The contract isn't just for basketball reasons, whether that's the right/wrong way for them to look at it.  They'll get destroyed if Lin goes somewhere else and continues to improve, especially if that somewhere else happens to be in Brooklyn.  I'm not saying it's 100% worth it but outside of Nash, I'm willing to give him a shot.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Iona plays in a tougher conference with a hell of a lot better athletes than the Ivy League what the hell are you talking about?
Lin played well during his brief stretch of games in the N B A though, not college. He looked bad vs Miami but you have to remember, this was his first go around getting consistent playing time, if he is cheap and the best available option (assuming Nash is unlikely), then you have to keep Lin here.
Sure he has his flaws but he is more serviceable then some of the other FA options that are REALISTIC to sign.
I agree with this 100%!

I think people put way too much value into his performance against Miami. Lin is a good PG...the NBA is not the kind of league where you come in a do what he did and be considered a flash in the pan. Is he going to put 25 and 13....NO! And he doesn't have to but dude is good and YOUNG and can be a solid starting PG and is cheap like Mez said so why Knicks fans wouldn't want to keep him and see him develop is beyond me.

Lin is a defensive liability and a TO machine. Neither of those things will change.

Yeah he's a decent young PG with upside...but so is every other young PG in the league.

Only a matter of time before the fanbase turns on him.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Lin is a defensive liability and a TO machine. Neither of those things will change.

Yeah he's a decent young PG with upside...but so is every other young PG in the league.

People in this thread are using words like "serviceable" to describe Lin and are dying to keep him. Lin is a dime a dozen, lets face it.

Since Dragic seems like an impossibility at this point. My short list is down to Nash then Lin as far as priority. Dragic was #1 on my list. But it seems like Hou realized what they had and are now shopping Lowry which I would assume means they are going to throw everything they have at Dragic to keep him. Lowry would be nice, but I think Hou would want too much for him. But I wouldnt be mad if we could somehow get Lowry either.

If we get/keep either of those 3 guys I would be happy. But in my eyes Lin was the 3rd option there as far as talent and what he would bring to our team ON THE FLOOR. It just annoys me that what a player brings OFF the floor matters more to our front office.

If we end up with Lin, I wouldnt be pissed. The only thing that would piss me off is if it comes out that we didnt even try for those other guys because we were content with signing a player who has more off the court appeal than he does on the court.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

I love it how people swear they know what will or will not change with a player and how they develop. NOBODY knows exactly what Lin will be or what will change.

I became a supporter of Lin after the games he had against the Lakers and Mavs. He could be a borderline all star in the league and all the flaws he has (cant drive left, turnover rate, etc) are easily fixable.

With that said, the only reason there's $$$ in him is because of his Asian-American background.

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

It'll certainly be an interesting 24-72 hours. Btw, I think this free agency is way more exciting than the Summer of 2010 free agency.
I understand this is your opinion but you seriously might be the only person who feels this way.

The 2010 NBA free agency period was unlike ANYTHING else the sports world had seen. The large number of big names/good talent available, the numerous teams that had built up (or broken down) their roster just for a chance at hitting the jackpot, the endless amount of rumors and speculation regarding players and teams...even dudes like Melo and CP3, who weren't FA's yet, were being talked about at that point because of how the league was shaping up. ESPN and social media micro-analyzing every little detail. Forget the day-to-day +#!#...there was literally something new to read about every hour. I remember mentioning at the time that if ESPN still did 30 for 30 Doc's way later in the future, they should dedicate an entire episode to LBJ's Decision and that entire summer. The best talent in the league voluntarily left his home team in the middle of his prime...+#!# like that NEVER happens, anywhere.

Plus we're only a day and some change into this year's FA.
laugh.gif

How soon we forget...

Back
Top Bottom