let this thread die (NYK)

How quickly New York turns on our guy.
30t6p3b.gif

STAT still my favorite player, he was doing just fine before the Melo trade.

We also have not had a PG since Melo arrived as well (Billups is more of a scorer), this just isn't a good mix at all.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

30t6p3b.gif

It's sad, But look at him George dude looks lost out there and a mirror image of himself. Instead of bragging about growing an inch he should've been developing a low post game and work on being effective without needing to shoot 3's and top of the key jumpers.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

We also have not had a PG since Melo arrived as well (Billups is more of a scorer), this just isn't a good mix at all.

Stat doesn't even have that same swagger or confidence he brought when he first signed, dude is like a lost puppy just floating through the city.

Amare is one of the top finishers in the game, we have nobody to give him the ball at the right spots or in a position to give him easy opportunities to get in the flow of things, iots just the kind of player that he is (Felton did a good job with that, especially pick and rolls).

Amare has never been a one dimensions back to the basket kind of guy, and right now he is playing like a wing man 15-20 feet away and has not looked comfortable at all this year (one can say since Melo arrived and Felton left).

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Stat doesn't even have that same swagger or confidence he brought when he first signed, dude is like a lost puppy just floating through the city.
2lk88l5.jpg

Amare should have spoken up last year because he obviously doesn't like playing with melo

The guy doesn't hustle enough for me to defend him. He has the worst defense in the NBA when he has all the physical tools to be a great defender. He doesn't box out. He doesn't post up and he can't pass

So call it turning on him or whatever. It isn't undeserved.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Amare should have spoken up last year because he obviously doesn't like playing with melo

The guy doesn't hustle enough for me to defend him. He has the worst defense in the NBA when he has all the physical tools to be a great defender. He doesn't box out. He doesn't post up and he can't pass

So call it turning on him or whatever. It isn't undeserved.

so what Amar'e did last season doesn't give him a little breathing room? Amare has been my favorite player before the knicks so maybe im being bias.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

so what Amar'e did last season doesn't give him a little breathing room? Amare has been my favorite player before the knicks so maybe im being bias.

I mean I don't hate the guy. But if u have to get rid of someone it's him. Paying that much for someone that needs to be spoon fed is hard to deal with. You can also blame melo for gutting the teamThere's plenty of blame to go around.

grin.gif

I mean I don't hate the guy. But if u have to get rid of someone it's him. Paying that much for someone that needs to be spoon fed is hard to deal with. You can also blame melo for gutting the teamThere's plenty of blame to go around.
big men need to be fed the ball in the right position... no one on your team knows how to set plays for other players or make them better.. like i said before... the only time you guys pass the ball is when you guys inbound it...

Its like he doesnt know what to do when Melo has the ball. I know he can be a ball stop more times than not. But the other part of it is no1 moves when he gets the ball either. He is a good passing SF, I mean he does lead the team in assists per (not saying a whole lot with TD as the point I know) its not like hes opposed to passing the rock. I think Shumpert and Chandler are the only ones that really make off the ball moves. Everyone else just stands in their spot and hopes their man is the one that goes for the double team. And thats fine out of Douglas and guys off the Bench like Walker and Jeffries but not out of Amare. Hes gotta be out there setting screens and creating mismatches like Tyson does.
I mean even Jeffries moves around more on offense and hes terrible. I WISH he did what Amare does and just stand around and hit a 10-15 footer every once in a while just to keep his man honest. But Amare is lost right now. He was amazing last year. But if the Knicks gotta see him go for D Will or Dwight its gotta be done. And wish him the best with his new team. If he leave I would hope the fans wouldnt Boo him on a return. He should get nothing but a standing O for what he brought back to NY after such a long time of losing. But the way hes been playing this season will never lead them to a chip. 

Honestly... we aren't playing very well right now.

I wouldn't be surprised at any outcome in this game... Us by 7 or 20... Y'all by 7 or 20...

Ehhh... Just is what it is right now.

^the world is amazed that a 6'8" athletic freak with a 45 inch vertical leap jumped over and dunked on a 5'10" guard arent they?

stop hatin' homie, that was an amazing block.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

30t6p3b.gif

It's sad, But look at him George dude looks lost out there and a mirror image of himself. Instead of bragging about growing an inch he should've been developing a low post game and work on being effective without needing to shoot 3's and top of the key jumpers.

You're right, but I think there are more minor things that we can fix that will help the situation. A PG will be nice.

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

^the world is amazed that a 6'8" athletic freak with a 45 inch vertical leap jumped over and dunked on a 5'10" guard arent they?

stop hatin' homie, that was an amazing block.

no hate, just thought that blocks by a big man over a pg was the norm.

Back
Top Bottom