let this thread die (NYK)

Grant Hill is more than capable and he brings two things we don't have a lot of; an experienced veteran and perimeter defense. How is that a bad thing? Especially if he signs for 1 year.

I love Landry more than anyone, but I'd much rather have Grant Hill at the 2.

He could just be using us for leverage and to knock up his price like he did a couple years ago though, so whatever.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Clippers and Warriors would be morons to trade for CP. They need to build around their cores not trade away half the talent they have.

They would be morons not to trade for Chris Paul. Tomorrow's never promised. You try to win now. That's why the Thunder made the move to acquire Perkins. At the end of the day, the Clippers will need a PG. Why not get the best one available?
The Thunder gave up Jeff Green, a role player that barely even fit into the system. The Clippers will be giving up Jordan and/or Gordon, two players that are imperative to their future success and Golden State doesn't have %%#! to compete for. Trading Curry for a year of Chris Paul is asinine.

Golden State is asinine. They gave our boy $80 million and have new ownership trying to sell some tickets.

Getting punked out of Steph is pretty rough though. They're gonna lose 2 shoulda been Knicks in one year.

I forgot about David Lee; damn that says a lot about last year
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
at the Clips. How can they be "aggressively" going after cp if they wont give up griffin, gordon, and now even deandre

i mean what makes their deal even better than ours is if they dont trade even 1 of those guys? Realistically to get a guy like paul they should have to trade 2 of them
30t6p3b.gif

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will never be a Knick. It's as simple as that.

We need to make a play for Greg Oden. This team can win a championship if we have a true center. Tyson Chandler was the 2nd most important player on a team that won it all last year and doesn't bring a shred of offense to the table, simply just protects the rim.

If we choose not to spend this year who are the guys we can go after next year in free agency?

GS trading for Chris Paul makes no sense to me. I mean it'd help us cuz I see no way he stays with them. No offense to them but whether it's Curry leaving or Monta CP will not be happy lobbing it to David Lee and being coached by Mark Jackson.

Clippers are a legit threat imo. Depends on if they keep Jordan or get Chandler though.

CP won't extend to any team he's traded to even if it's the Knicks. Financially, just like with DWill it makes more sense to opt out with the team that has your bird rights and then resign for the max they can give you. So what CP would have to assure a team is that he plans to resign with them in the next off season.
Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will never be a Knick. It's as simple as that.

We need to make a play for Greg Oden. This team can win a championship if we have a true center. Tyson Chandler was the 2nd most important player on a team that won it all last year and doesn't bring a shred of offense to the table, simply just protects the rim.

If we choose not to spend this year who are the guys we can go after next year in free agency?
Yooo stop it with Greg Oden
laugh.gif
Greg Oden is not going to play for the Knicks. We should not make a play for him. Greg Oden wants 9 mil a year. We're not giving him that. Dude can't even prove he can play half a season. Dunno anybody dumb enough to do that, so he'll probably be back with Portland.

I dont think GS is willingly to gamble on Paul like that, IMO. After a new and improved ownership, i'm sure they wouldnt make any stupid mistakes.

And does anybody know exactly how is the QO(?) for Oden? I'm intrigued.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

laugh.gif
roll.gif
at the Clips. How can they be "aggressively" going after cp if they wont give up griffin, gordon, and now even deandre

i mean what makes their deal even better than ours is if they dont trade even 1 of those guys? Realistically to get a guy like paul they should have to trade 2 of them
30t6p3b.gif
They have Minnesota's pick for the 2012 Draft. That alone is better than what the Knicks have to offer.

Gotta agree with PMatic..The lack of draft picks is really coming back to bite us in the !+#..If we had a first rounder and second rounder for 2012 and were willing to trade those 2 with Landry and Douglass (2 talented/young/full of potential role players), we would definitely have a great shot at getting him..But with those lack of draft picks, we have to offer like 5 players that aren't all that appealing

This team is a "Win Now," team, we need a Center to be able to do that. A lineup with a real center could be a problem:

PG: Billups
SG: Hill
SF: Melo
PF: Amar'e
C: Real Center

Bench:
Fields
Douglas
Shumpert
Turiaf

If we sign Hill for the Vet Min. the only real thing we are missing is a Center. Oden rolls around healthy by March you have a top 3 center if healthy. We aren't going past the ECF without him. Who else are the Centers available next year?

RT @nyknicks: Midnight Madness: Tonight on @MSGNetworks, catch the #KNICKS debut of @carmeloanthony during an hour-long version of the 2/23/11 game

If the Knicks made a run at Marc Gasol, who knows what would have happened.. I know he loves playing in Memphis but anything is possible in free agency..The Knicks front office seems to have put all their hopes into getting CP3 w/o thinking of how realistic that really is..I would say they can try to get Tyson Chandler but hearing that he wants close to max contract money made that an unrealistic option

.There aren't many great centers in this league and I'm not interested in Greg Oden..Dude is too fragile on a team with a star that already has knee/back problems..Imagine if we did have Oden and STAT and Oden went down within a short time span..Then what? We need a reliable center so that if STAT misses some games, he can hold it down in the paint.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

RT @nyknicks: Midnight Madness: Tonight on @MSGNetworks, catch the #KNICKS debut of @carmeloanthony during an hour-long version of the 2/23/11 game

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If the Knicks made a run at Marc Gasol, who knows what would have happened.. I know he loves playing in Memphis but anything is possible in free agency..The Knicks front office seems to have put all their hopes into getting CP3 w/o thinking of how realistic that really is..I would say they can try to get Tyson Chandler but hearing that he wants close to max contract money made that an unrealistic option

.There aren't many great centers in this league and I'm not interested in Greg Oden..Dude is too fragile on a team with a star that already has knee/back problems..Imagine if we did have Oden and STAT and Oden went down within a short time span..Then what? We need a reliable center so that if STAT misses some games, he can hold it down in the paint.
those dudes are asking for 12-15 million on the market right now though. we literally cant sign them if we wanted to. 
edit:and Gasol been on the Knicks radar for a while, just cant afford him at this point. 

also, i dont understand why so many fans are behind the CP3 trade coming our way. it will tie us up way too much, hes only one guy.  i for one hope we dont persue him, and stock up with talent and depth in the Summer of 2012 , when we will have like 13.5 million and the mid-level to use. thats a nice amount to build around Stat and Melo is we use it right. 

Yeah yall gotta keep in mind how much money we have to spend in this FA and how many players we would be able to get with it. Keep in mind even the vet min. The centers available know that the league is a lacking legit good bigs let alone real centers. They're all expensive as +@+@.

It wouldn't have mattered if we made a run at Gasol or Chandler. We don't have money to pay what they deserve let alone what they're asking for AND get players to fill out our bench.

I'm all for signing Grant Hill... But only if he comes off the bench. I just don't believe in starting him at SG especially at his age and pairing him with a 35 yr old Billups.

I'd prefer to see Shumpert start at the 2. His youthful energy, athleticism, ball handling and defense is the perfect compliment with Billups' veteran leadership at the point. Plus he'll probably be able to guard most the faster/more explosive PGs in the league better than Billups can at this stage of his career.

Like most of y'all have been saying, all this team needs to be a legit title contender IMO is more veteran leadership (Grant Hill), interior defense/a legit Center and a bonafide scorer to come off the bench.

Yo once Den lets him go and since he got his money in China we should see if we can get J.R. Smith for cheap here.

Nice trade piece at the worst.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yo once Den lets him go and since he got his money in China we should see if we can get J.R. Smith for cheap here.

Nice trade piece at the worst.

I pray J.R. never ends up in NY...his conduct is detrimental to a good team. That ball hog can !@@% up momentum easy

Originally Posted by nyrican23

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Got home just in time, cant wait!
pimp.gif

Anybody want to school me on the ticket pre-sale? Got a couple of questions.

The date posted was the 13th for the pre-sale, is this online only?

How should I prepare to cop tickets? Should I get to the garden early? Sneaker release type stuff?

What will I be allowed to buy in terms of quantity?

I'm looking to invest in some tickets to resale later in the season. Am I shooting myself in the foot?

Thanks in advance.

looks like CP3 will be a laker... foiled again...

The Lakers, Clippers and Warriors are the leading contenders for Chris Paul, according to a source.

Because a trade to the Knicks is highly improbable, Paul's new favorite destination is the Lakers. Either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol would be moved to the Hornets as the central aspect of a package for Paul.

A source confirmed that talks between the Warriors and Hornets slowed down on Wednesday. While the Warriors can't offer as good of a chance to win as the Lakers and Clippers, Paul is said to have a lot of respect for new head coach Mark Jackson.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....nding_Spot#ixzz1furHV6Aa

Back
Top Bottom