let this thread die (NYK)

^^ Great handshake
laugh.gif
. Going to the Lakers game at the Garden friday. First time ever goin and I'm real hyped...

Well the thing is, the Lakers have the height to affect Lin's penetration. Gasol, Bynum, and Josh McRoberts will clog up the paint and ensure that Lin doesn't get those easy layups. Not to mention that Ron Artest/ Barnes will usually help out on defense. That's why having Amar'e would have made all the difference. Gasol n Bynum will just double Tyson in the paint. With Amar'e playing, they would have no choice but to stay 1 on 1 defensively to avoid getting burned.

Well dambhttps://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNINGS
Brandon Jennings @BRAND0NJENNINGS
Jeremy Lin is ballin' right now...... #Respect

"I didn't know he could dunk," Tyson Chandler said.

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Jeremy Lin faced tougher competition in the D-League

Luis Guzman @IamLuisGuzman
Mr. Lin you have bought LIFE back to the Garden ....what a blessing....a GREAT SPIRIT U have ....keep it going

netw3rk @netw3rk
What's absolutely insane is: If the Garden crowd senses Melo dampening Lin's creativity w/ too much iso, they'll turn on him.

HoopsHype @hoopshype
Lin was headed to a so-so team in Italy when the lockout suddenly came to an end. Now he's dominating in the NBA. Wow.

Joe Budden @JoeBudden
Either I'm bugging out, or they're doubling Lin ..... #LinSanity

Trey Kerby @treykerby
My Jeremy Lin tattoo has a Jeremy Lin tattoo.

Bill Simmons @sportsguy33
Only James Dolan could strike oil with this Jeremy Lin thing, but arrange it so nobody in New York could watch him on TV.

Michael Lee @MrMichaelLee
Only #wizards could turn Tyson Chandler into Pat Ewing, Jeremy Lin into Steve Nash & Steve Novak into Reggie Miller. Who needs STAT & Melo?

game vs the lakers is akin to linsanity's state championship game. severe underdogs to all-star/top recruit talent...

http://twitter.com/#!/Dlee042
Dlee042 David Lee

@JLin7 Too bad All Star voting is already over with or you would have a chance to start in the East LOL! Congrats lil bro and keep ballin!

http://twitter.com/#!/DWRIGHTWAY1
DWRIGHTWAY1 Dorell Wright

My brodie @JLin7 is doin his stuff. Happy for him. Keep it rollin bro

http://twitter.com/#!/StephenCurry30
StephenCurry30 Stephen Curry

Back to back great performance by @JLin7. Happy for your bro keep it going

StephenCurry30 Stephen Curry
How about your boy @JLin7 ? God really does work in mysterious ways.

Nice to see his former teammates showin him love
pimp.gif

media

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know about that IMO, but for sure, there is gonna be a big build-up for the game.

I'm really glad JLin's getting his shine finally and has an opportunity, as NT's original JLin stan
laugh.gif
. I was bummed the Warriors cut him but things happen for a reason.
If he can ever develop a jumper, he can become very special
pimp.gif
. At least for now, he's seized his opportunity and seemingly taken his game to the next level. His numbers won't be like they have been the last 3 games, but he can be a very solid starting PG for the Knicks for years to come
pimp.gif

J-Lin vs J-Wall.....J-Lin wins.

Lin needs to be our starting PG. The man is a playmaker, he'll make Melo, Stat and Chandlers games better.

Do it Dantoni

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Lin needs to be our starting PG. The man is a playmaker, he'll make Melo, Stat and Chandlers games better.

Do it Dantoni
he is our starting PG.

Only other player to average 20 & 8 in their first two starts? LeBron James; ergo, Lin > James.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Do it Dantoni
This type of post makes me believe u haven't watched the last two games and only read or watch highlights
ohwell.gif

Either way.  Lin AND Novak has provided this team everything it's been missing.  Lin being the pure PG and Novak being the scorer off the bench.  I just hope that when Melo and STAT comes back it won't mess up the TEAM aspect of their playing right now. 

Obviously the scoring is going to go down when Melo and Amare come back. But if he can keep it around 12-14 pts with 8+ assists a game and keep the turnovers to around 2 or 3 per. I see no need to have Baron come back anytime soon. The kid single handedly brought the energy back to the Garden. You can tell he just out there living the dream.

And the fact that him and Chandler have that P&R working like clockwork with Lin taking no first team reps in practices is amazing. It will only get better between them. A real PG is clearly what the Knicks needed all along.

I don't know if LA is great test for Lin if he is real cause Fisher is the opposing guard. But Lin the last 3 games wasn't facing trash.

It's a big test because they will clog the paint

I'm personally just happy to have a legit pg. I don't think expecting Lin to be elite is fair. The most important thing is he has that court vision which you can't teach.

Getting baron Davis would be big. We would have 2 legit pg on a team that desperately needs it

Btw I have to give jeffieries props for the last few games. He is helping when we have guys out. Gonna be great to get jorts back

We need to go out and get some more legit shooters though. Walker can't cut it

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Obviously the scoring is going to go down when Melo and Amare come back. But if he can keep it around 12-14 pts with 8+ assists a game and keep the turnovers to around 2 or 3 per. I see no need to have Baron come back anytime soon. The kid single handedly brought the energy back to the Garden. You can tell he just out there living the dream.

And the fact that him and Chandler have that P&R working like clockwork with Lin taking no first team reps in practices is amazing. It will only get better between them. A real PG is clearly what the Knicks needed all along.
Yea. I think we were all caught up in the big 3 not working right to realize this.

Melo should benefit from Lin almost as much as amare. Now he can concentrate on what he does so well which is score

I'm honestly not worried about him not passing. It won't fly here people literally have started to yell at him during home games. Media and fans are gonna be on his %%! if he doesn't become a team player

The way I see it is this:

if Lin does well against the Lakers it'll be because he has Fish guarding him.

Does bad? His last 3 games were fluke games and when faced with a proper, good defensive team, he's just a 3rd string.

In any case, Ill be tuning in

That's ridiculous. The lakers have Kobe, pau, and Bynum while the Knicks have Chandler and Lin playing.

Originally Posted by DubA169

It's a big test because they will clog the paint
this!
Pau/Bynum = no getting to the paint.

just look at what happened last night. Lin didnt penetrate at first bc of Javale. the Javale got into foul trouble, sat out and we made our 2nd quarter run. and from there, he gained confidence and drove more. plus Javale isnt the smartest shot blocker or player at that. *see Javale Mcgee thread* *shots fired etc.* 
grin.gif

we have no big man that can shoot, so they cant spread the floor. meaning Pau/Bynum will stay home on defense.

and Fisher/Goudelock will shoot the open shot. so Lin cant really help on defense like he did against Harris/Wall.

so don't expect Lin to have a game like the last three. im expecting slightly more turnovers and more 3pt/mid range shot attempts. and we all know, that he's not a great shooter. 

plus. Landry/Shump/Walker/whoever vs. Kobe is not a good look. World Peace will just out muscle whoever is guarding him. Barnes/Kapono will get a lot of open shots due to fatigue from Landry/whoever running through screens. 

although, I'm expecting that we have a good start to the game.

Lakers. Friday Night Knicks. LEH GOO! 

2061nx5.gif

2061nx5.gif

If Lin can get another win against LA tomorrow... Lionel Ritchie "all night long" will be played on full blast while I dance...

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

If Lin can get another win against LA tomorrow... Lionel Ritchie "all night long" will be played on full blast while I dance...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
me and my boys became obssessed with that song this weekend, count me in for the dance number.

Back
Top Bottom