let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

probably because you on ignore from some people. Ewing is a coach killer too than (see Don Nelson). Melo is not a coach killer. Dolan traded for him without thinking about how he'd fit with D'Antoni, who was on borrowed time anyway.

Oh, that must be it. I say it before and I say it 1,000 times when talking to Knick fans, some of y'all don't want to hear the truth. I used to be a Knick fan. However, I love basketball and still follow them as I do other teams. I look at it objectively now. I don't think Carmelo is a championship caliber player. That's whether he plays for the Knicks or whoever. Is he a good player, no doubt, but it looks more and more he's not a championship player (at least leading a team to one, he might join another later in his career). To the Ewing question, at that point when Nelson coached the team, their window was already shut man. Their real chance was when Riley was coach. To add to that, Nelson never went to the finals as a coach, despite being a good one. I see it doesn't take much to be on ignore here
laugh.gif
, but it's whatever. Guess I touched a nerve. I always thought D'antoni was the wrong hire for the personnel anyway, which is a typical Knick hire.
That's the thing though. You keep saying you're not a Knicks fan or you use to be one and I don't think anyone really cares what you have to say whether or not Knicks fans don't want to hear the truth. This post is a good example, nobody is gonna care for much of the opinion that Melo isn't a championship player but you think he's a good one. You're not really adding much here and the rest of your post is reminiscing about past Knicks teams
laugh.gif

I don't get why you're still here anyway if you aint a Knicks fans. I mean a post here and there like the other non-knicks fans that post in here but that about it. Shouldn't you be posting about the new team you're a fan of?

You obviously didn't read what I previously wrote. Seems reading comprehension isn't a strength on NT and message boards in general for that matter. I guess I'm in the wrong place because I don't get blindly emotional about my team and post without any filter. Meh. I'll just lurk in this thread, it's too sensitive.

Oh, that must be it. I say it before and I say it 1,000 times when talking to Knick fans, some of y'all don't want to hear the truth. I used to be a Knick fan. However, I love basketball and still follow them as I do other teams. I look at it objectively now. I don't think Carmelo is a championship caliber player. That's whether he plays for the Knicks or whoever. Is he a good player, no doubt, but it looks more and more he's not a championship player (at least leading a team to one, he might join another later in his career). To the Ewing question, at that point when Nelson coached the team, their window was already shut man. Their real chance was when Riley was coach. To add to that, Nelson never went to the finals as a coach, despite being a good one. I see it doesn't take much to be on ignore here
laugh.gif
, but it's whatever. Guess I touched a nerve. I always thought D'antoni was the wrong hire for the personnel anyway, which is a typical Knick hire.
That's the thing though. You keep saying you're not a Knicks fan or you use to be one and I don't think anyone really cares what you have to say whether or not Knicks fans don't want to hear the truth. This post is a good example, nobody is gonna care for much of the opinion that Melo isn't a championship player but you think he's a good one. You're not really adding much here and the rest of your post is reminiscing about past Knicks teams
laugh.gif

I don't get why you're still here anyway if you aint a Knicks fans. I mean a post here and there like the other non-knicks fans that post in here but that about it. Shouldn't you be posting about the new team you're a fan of?
You obviously didn't read what I previously wrote. Seems reading comprehension isn't a strength on NT and message boards in general for that matter. I guess I'm in the wrong place because I don't get blindly emotional about my team and post without any filter. Meh. I'll just lurk in this thread, it's too sensitive.
You say ppl are getting emotional, sensitive, and can't handle the truth I'm saying ppl simply don't care what you have to say and that's why they ignore you or put you on their ignore list.

What is it that you're not comprehending?

Hey it happens. I don't even know what you're complaining about cuz nobody said anything to AMP when you claim you've already said that and ppl got on your case for it. You might be right to just lurk though.

this "Coach Killer" tag is so annoying and close minded, in my opinion. Dantoni was out the door soon as Walsh left he building. GMs and Coaches are usually connected around the league, they work together in putting a team on the floor. Walsh hired Dantoni. The Melo trade meant the end of Dantoni. The Tyson deal solidified it im my eyes.

Basketball not working this season is partly both their faults , along with an out of basketball shape Amare. Melo got hurt a ton and did in fact have problems adjusting to Dantoni offense. I didnt think the differences were irreparable but Dantoni knew he wasnt coming back and said, why waste my time here if this isnt going to be my job anyway. They parted ways, Woodson took over (with pretty much the same roster and injuries througout) and got the same amount of wins as MDA.

Knick fans were complaining about MDA for a while (granted some are delusional and crazy, they always find something to scapehgoat when basketball is bad) but there was a lot of truth to the complaints and some things that were just bad choices, as a coach. Mainly his stubborness in rotations and with players. if u watched the Knicks under his run, i find it odd that he couldnt get any production out of some of the draft picks and talent that played for him.

this man kept playing Tony bonehead Doglass mad negative minutes , good riddance to the dude IMO.

The knicks need to sign and trade lin right now... Sure he has potential to be a good starter & most teams know that. But the amount of attention and Fans this guy can bring to a franchise is huge in the grand scheme of things. If teams are really planning on backloading lin's contract with 10+ mil there is no way the knicks can or should consider that.

so with that said Lins value can be huge when placed on a team who is losing money and needs a big draw.

knicks are in a lose lose with lin

i would take dragic over lin in a heartbeat

this will be handled as a business decision. which means hes staying. knicks will continue to not win anything with Dolan sticking his fat face into everything

he stopped messing around with the rangers and they are now loaded with young talent and in the ECF. Instead of trading everyone for Richards, we waited until the off season. dolan is just a massive screw up. needs to be awaaaaay.

At first glance, I thought the title said: 'DubA breaks his silence about his resignation'

..I'm thinking damn, dude really said #@+! it and became a Nets fan?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

At first glance, I thought the title said: 'DubA breaks his silence about his resignation'

..I'm thinking damn, dude really said #@+! it and became a Nets fan?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not even mad at Lin.

Go get that money you deserve
pimp.gif
(just please for the love of God do not sign with the Craptors).

Wait what lols

*%$@ no.

I wish I had it in me to bounce on the Knicks haha. Too much a part of me and im a loyal person. Yanks and giants been taking away thr pain. Rangers at points too.

I really sincerely think we have been a joke of a franchise at multiple points though. But by far the most with Dolan. I hate that I give him so much money

Eh, aint sure on dude but haven't seen a lot of him to have an opinion either way. Would need a LAL fan to speak on him.

looks like we're about to extend mike woodson, do not know if i like the move.

honestly, i'm never really content about any of the moves this franchise makes.

Eh, aint sure on dude but haven't seen a lot of him to have an opinion either way. Would need a LAL fan to speak on him.

Lite Trevor Ariza, less polished if that sounds good. 

I like the kid, hustles, attempts to defend the Durants of the world, not strong enough for a Pierce/Bron SF, but gives effort. 

Needs to work on his J, but it can improve, he has knocked a few down here and there, but nothing like Trevor in 09 or anything. 

Ariza comparison is a bit on point and I do recall him making Durant look like a boy the way he stuffed his shots those few times. I'd give homey a chance, another defensive minded player willing to try on that end is always welcomed and when I think about it he can't be worse than Fields.

Ebanks is a good rebounder and a solid defender. Hasn't really shown an offensive game but he'll make a shot here and there and will cut to the basket. He's a bit temperamental too.

Also it's looking like Woodson will be signed to a long-term deal.

melo was a "winner" in college too so i don't know how you use that as proof

greenburg always annoyed me. If you grow up in NYC and become a bulls fan you disgust me

Originally Posted by DubA169

melo was a "winner" in college too so i don't know how you use that as proof

greenburg always annoyed me. If you grow up in NYC and become a bulls fan you disgust me
I thought that was his wife who was the Bulls fan.

Back
Top Bottom