let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif

agueosuciaejmyn.jpg
I'm a little hungover, so seeing that pic almost made me throw up

Yo imagine how crazy we would be if we didn't trade for melo. We would be pulling our hair out. For all we know melo and cp end up on the lakers or something

NYPost_Berman Marc Berman
Told #Knicks and Hawks working on 3-team deal for Jamal Crawford with Douglas involved in one scenario
alanhahn Alan Hahn 

Deal for Crawford, whom D'Antoni loved before Nov. 08 trade, would include team with cap space to help facilitate deal.

not sure if I want to give up TD to get Crawford back. This would be putting both feet into the 'win now' mode. And not sure that's the best they could do.

If Barea is on board, it's a little better.

whatever they do, they need to operate with the ability to still have money to give Steve Nash next summer.

getting Bibby is a low risk High reward situation. I don't know why people are crying for getting a PG that makes ONLY the veteran's minimum. Its not like were giving him the MLE. Bibby fills a need regarding PG depth. Bibby is still better than the Howard Eisleys, Moochie Norris, Mardy Collins, Frank Williams of the world. B. Diddy already got hurt and Cleveland might not waive him just to meet the minimum salary cap.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

not sure if I want to give up TD to get Crawford back. This would be putting both feet into the 'win now' mode. And not sure that's the best they could do.

If Barea is on board, it's a little better.

whatever they do, they need to operate with the ability to still have money to give Steve Nash next summer.
After this year the Knicks are Capped out. Every year just like every team at or over the cap, the Knicks will have the Mid-Level Exception $5M-6 from here on and the New Low-Level Exception $2.5M and the veterans minimum $1.4M.

Crawford is a solid scorer but I firmly believe he isn't the right guy for this team.

With Amar'e and Carmelo, two guys who need the ball in their hands, you're gonna sign another guy who needs to dominate the ball in order to be effective?

Doesn't make a lot of sense, he would end up halting the offensive flow, IMO.

He's a really good player but there are better teams and situations that cater to his style of play.

I think if nash comes, it's going to be on a vet. min, don't think he cares about money at this pt in his career. Jamal Crawford's been one of my favorite players since his first year in the league with Chicago, but I'm not sure how well he fits into this particular Knicks team. They have enough guys who are 1 on 1 scorers. Jamal isn't the greatest spot up shooter, more of a volume scorer that needs to iso and create a shot. His defense is a bit better the last year, but I'd probably rather have Toney Douglas guarding DWade or Ray Allen than him.

As much as I hate Toney Douglas, he does play very hard on both ends and can hit the open 3, although he's gotta learn to stop shooting when he's not on, or taking 30 ft 3pters out of the flow of the game. He is really a 2 guard like a poor mans Ben Gordon more than a PG imo, and I don't mind them using him off the bench. I know we can't expect too much from him, but if Shumpert can run the point and play defense, we got Barea to back up the 1 and and really just need a spot-up shooter who hustles and plays d at the 2 (which Douglas actually does). Hopefully Fields improve in that role, but who knows. I really hope we can get Shawne back if there's any $ left over...

Bibby/Barea/Shumpert
Crawford/Fields
Melo/Shawne?
Amare/Jefferies/Harrelson
Chandler/Jordan

This team would be fun to watch...

If Jamal is here, you can't start him.

Let him run the 2nd unit and do what he does, and that way he, Melo and Amare are never all on the floor together. But, you can still play in the 4th quarter if he proves to be a better option than Fields late.

We learned in his time here that the guy is not suited to be a starter and ideally he is a 6th man on a good team (which he then went on to prove). That should be the role.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Crawford is a solid scorer but I firmly believe he isn't the right guy for this team.

With Amar'e and Carmelo, two guys who need the ball in their hands, you're gonna sign another guy who needs to dominate the ball in order to be effective?

He's a really good player but there are better teams and situations that cater to his style of play.
Who is gonna be the go to guy when Amare and Melo are on the Bench ?
Crawford will average 16 or 17 coming off the bench with this team.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

They usually run a lot of sets where one or the other rests, hardly ever both at the same time.

If they make this trade. Its crazy how they would go from looking good for defense to going even worse in the span of 24hours

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

They usually run a lot of sets where one or the other rests, hardly ever both at the same time.

That's because last year we had 0 bench production
We sign Crawford Melo and Stat will be able to rest at the same time once or twice during a game

When Crawford is on the court you just have to make sure Shumpert is out there with him. He's not as bad of a defender as some of you guys are making him out to be though
laugh.gif

Knicks Working On Crawford Sign-And-Trade With Hawks, Warriors Dec 11, 2011 11:37 AM EST

The Knicks are seeking a three-team sign-and-trade to acquire Jamal Crawford, according to a source. The Hawks and Warriors are also in the talks.

One source put the odds of a deal being consummated at better than 50 percent.

Crawford may be able to sign for a deal that puts his annual salary at over $5 million.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

If they make this trade. Its crazy how they would go from looking good for defense to going even worse in the span of 24hours
Toney Douglas is not a defensive game changer.
He's a hard worker and when he focuses on D he's good, but he also makes a lot of stupid mistakes for someone who is already 25. With a team lacking defensive players, I would like to keep Douglas, but I don't know if his defensive talents make up for his struggles elsewhere.

I'm torn on it, I probably wouldn't be excited one way or another initially.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Yo imagine how crazy we would be if we didn't trade for melo. We would be pulling our hair out. For all we know melo and cp end up on the lakers or something

We'd have the assets to make a strong trade push for Paul or Howard right now, both infinitely better players than Melo.  And we'd be talking with him about signing as a FA.

Back
Top Bottom