let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Jeremy Lin!
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Clear I'm going to have to come out of retirement since we're signing anyone.

One good game and folks in here will be clamoring to sign him to a five year deal and make sure he gets to the all star game.  Anything to fill a roster spot I guess.

gregzzy23 wrote:
5wdukl.jpg

I'm not too familiar with MSG, I've been there a few times for the Big East tourney. Are they renovating the arena so the fans are on top of the court? Looks different from this angle.

I think his contract is too big, pause, to take on. although he was waived, some of his salary would be picked up by any team that claims him.

Originally Posted by rashi

gregzzy23 wrote:
5wdukl.jpg

I'm not too familiar with MSG, I've been there a few times for the Big East tourney. Are they renovating the arena so the fans are on top of the court? Looks different from this angle.

they renovated the arena. The tunnel is gone, teams enter and exit from the corner now.

Jeremy Lin going to come in here and beast, have a quadruple double and be voted into the all-star game by all of flushing. Lin.......The God! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

i was looking for a Jeremy Lin highlight reel on youtube. I got this:

laugh.gif

I actually saw him when he came to play against my school 2 years ago. He was clearly the best player on the court, looking like he was going 60% picking his spots and was still dominating, which is probably what any fringe NBA player would look like in a Harvard-Columbia game. Doesn't have a very good jumper, and for someone with limited athleticism, he'll never be a NBA player who gets any minutes if he cant make open shots. But he's a good passer/decision maker and pretty good at getting to the hoop, neither of which TD does...

I don't remember how to embed video, but:

Originally Posted by silvermatrix12

Why not try to sign Gilbert Arenas at this point for more depth at the pg position?

While Arenas would def bring more experience, at least some of it has to do with Lin's contract not being guaranteed for the rest of the year. We can cut him loose whenever, without penalty,to free up a roster spot ideally for when K-Mart is able to sign with an NBA team.

Oh yes, trade for OJ now. Another shooting guard who thinks he can run the point, can't play defense against anyone his size or bigger and whose shooting percentage just gets worse and worse. OJ will help to take us to the promise land.

Lin isn't that great of a passer and is slow defensively.  A bigger PG though, shouldn't be more than a backup.

In all seriousness, he doesnt look that bad. I was looking at clips and he seems like a pest on D and obviously doesnt expect to get a lot of PT so when hes out there hes gonna play hard. They didnt sign him to be the PG of the future or anything. He's an injury fill in that will get PT because TD cant guard someone on crutches. I dont have a problem with it.

If anything it makes me a little more optimistic about Baron. If they went out and got another big name PG I would have been a little worried that BD might be out longer than any of us had hoped. But with a fill in guy like Lin I expect Baron to be back in a couple weeks if not sooner.
And after the Lakers the schedule isnt exactly hell. Knicks dont have a tough game until arguably Memphis on the 12th, or OKC on the 14th. Baron should be back by then. They can get by until then  

We will only need Lin's services for maybe a week or two. Purely as a backup. 10 to 15 mins max. I think his spot is KMarts come March anyway.

What's that word on Bibby? If he can get back before Diddy, I'd start Bibby and get Douglas back to that bench role asap.

I also hope Novak gets some run in the Warriors game. Interested to see what he can do for us.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

We will only need Lin's services for maybe a week or two. Purely as a backup. 10 to 15 mins max. I think his spot is KMarts come March anyway.

What's that word on Bibby? If he can get back before Diddy, I'd start Bibby and get Douglas back to that bench role asap.

I also hope Novak gets some run in the Warriors game. Interested to see what he can do for us.
Bibby's ready to go. TD will more than likely get the start in GS. But Bibby will be coming off the bench. I would think that would be an audition game for the Lakers to see who will see the majority of PT in that game. 
Although whoever you throw out there against Fisher should be able to get theirs.

I think his contract is too big, pause, to take on. although he was waived, some of his salary would be picked up by any team that claims him.

Why would you have to pause that?!?

I only watched Lin played his rookie yr in summer league. I liked how he played and he looked pretty good.
I live in Flushing, they might throw a parade over here.

http://twitter.com/alanhahn
Alan Hahn: Lin fits D'Antoni mold for PG: smart, good w/ pick-and-roll. Only issue: not a strong 3-pt shooter. So he's Duhon, but better finisher?
30t6p3b.gif

Guess they did a just in case scenario and at the same time don't spend any money. Would rather Arenas to actually be of some real help but we'll see.

trading for OJ would be so we have a legit 3rd option and someone who can score consistently with the 2nd unit. Not make him a pg to force a situation. In that scenario, he's like Crawford and a better than Shump.

haven't been posting here but still reading through and yall gotta chill with the Mayo and Arenas talks. we need role players not ego filled players who plays zero D. everyone gotta chill out real quick 1 game has gone by

When has OJ been a consistent scorer since he came into the league. Then to bring him off the bench? He's not the strongest guy mentally, I doubt he'll flourish in that role. Besides, don't need anymore scorers. We've seen Shump in one game so far. Why give up on him now for an overrated guy like OJ? Don't trade our depth for someone like him.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Why would you have to pause that?!?
its NT, pause everything.

Back
Top Bottom