let this thread die (NYK)

I'm not a big fan of this Jeremy Lin move, at all, even as a backup to the backup..Now we have Bibby, a PG that can shoot 3s but is a below average passer...Douglas, a PG that can score but is a below average passer/ball handler...And Lin who is a decent passer and has no jump shot...

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I'm not a big fan of this Jeremy Lin move, at all, even as a backup to the backup..Now we have Bibby, a PG that can shoot 3s but is a below average passer...Douglas, a PG that can score but is a below average passer/ball handler...And Lin who is a decent passer and has no jump shot...

All the good PG's are taken bro

We just have to make best of what we have until Baron gets healthy

Originally Posted by Proshares

When has OJ been a consistent scorer since he came into the league. Then to bring him off the bench? He's not the strongest guy mentally, I doubt he'll flourish in that role. Besides, don't need anymore scorers. We've seen Shump in one game so far. Why give up on him now for an overrated guy like OJ? Don't trade our depth for someone like him.
That's because the MEM coach has been misusing OJ his entire time there. Not letting the boy cook. They been trying to trade him off and on for like 2 years, that strains the relationship with staff and he isn't on best terms with players after the falling out with TA. If OJ was getting regular play and not being shafted he'd be a consistent scorer in the L. Especially if he's told what his role is and that we're not gonna eff with it a week later. Let him be the 6th man and he can do his thing but hell on our team? Let him be the starting 2 and put Landry on the bench, playing with STAT and Melo would only benefit him.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about with we don't need anymore scorers. Look at our roster. If it's not clear as day that we need a 3rd option I don't know what else to say. Hope you got the right excuses if a losing streak starts piling up. There's a reason we pursued Jamal Crawford and it's not like we got anyone to fill that hole when he didn't come here. Spot up shooters are not scorers, those are dudes who need to be set up by a guy who draws attention by being able to score off the dribble.

Aint nobody giving up on Shump. He's injured and might be out for a damn month. This is a shortened season. Yall still not facing the reality of this situation. Our roster sucks as far as role players from the back court to the bench. yall really want a repeat of last season as far as wins and losses goes? I want a high seed, I want home court advantage. Honestly, this isn't the season to be waiting for players to develop either. We need to be winning now and playing well consistently. That's why I say we should improve personnel with every opportunity. This aint the season to be having Melo log a bunch of minutes instead of STAT. This team obviously needs to improve and what you mean trade our depth? WHAT DEPTH? TD? Bill Walker? Jeffries? Bibby? Jordan (who I still haven't even seen play)? Landry (only trade asset with value for now)? This can't be real life if you're talking about those guys. Don't overrate this roster man. This aint last season when we had Gallo, Wil,  Felton, etc. That was depth. This team doesn't have a good enough bench or a decent back court, even more so after the guys who have been injured

laugh.gif
 at the dragon ball vid.
but heres an actual highlight video of him...

If we are healthy, we actually have a deep squad. I would like the rotation to go like this when/if we get everybody back:

B.Diddy / Bibby
Shump / TD / Walker
Melo / Fields / Novak
Amare / Jeffries / Balkman
Chandler / Jorts

Diddy and Bibby should be able to hold down the point. Veterans who already know what time it is in their career. We move TD to the bench where I believe he is most effective, come off the bench bringing energy and scoring. Move Landry to the bench when Shump comes back, because he obviously isn't comfortable with Melo on the floor with him. Shump will be more effective with the starters with his slashing abilities and is a better passer then Landry at the 2. Fields goes to the bench and comes in for Melo or Shump depending on the situation.

...and if we able to get KMart for the playoffs...

B.Diddy / Bibby
Shump / TD / Walker
Melo / Fields / Novak
Amare / KMart / Balkman
Chandler / Jeffries / Jorts

Wonder how Jerome Jordan is doing...

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

lulz.

If yall mean depth/deep as in we have a lot of players to throw out there, sure we have the #s but a lot of those guys are bums and some others have clear weaknesses. Not saying there are more players out there better than them in every way but I don't see a whole lot of value.

I'm hoping Fields shows the same type of worth he did last season but if not what does he really do? A guy that occasionally makes the open 3. Gotta see how his games changes with a better pg out there but as far as slashing to the rim, other than that he's not an amazing rebounder, passer, or defender. If he doesn't start playing exceptional again I'd be all for trading for someone better and more suited to help us now. Almost the same with Walker except he can penetrate and is slightly better at hitting the 3 but dude seems injury prone and tends to fade to the background as just being a body out there that doesn't do anything exceptional. Balkman does similar. But maybe I should blame Pringles for not getting the best out of his players like some other coaches manage to do.

Jeffries is a bum if we get K-Mart I'd be fine with him being gone. Yall know how I feel about TD, trade him asap. Josh and Shump both need work since they're rookies. Going off of Bibby's play last season he's a good ball handler that's lost a step, can't defend and is only good for hitting the open 3/jumper. Was never a big fan of signing him but almost anybody is an improvement over TD.

Can't say nothing about Lin, Jordan, or Novak. We know what Baron does but we gotta wait for it. That time spent waiting is gonna be an important stretch of games and will effect where we're at later in the season. Same goes for waiting for K-Mart.

When you add in things like STAT not playing defense, Melo playing defense when he wants (against elite teams), foul trouble specifically for Tyson, how much min our stars play, the talent level of our bench, and injuries, it's easy to see how things can go downhill quick.

Yeah... I'm type bugging with "deep". Just mean to say we have a lot of different looks we could throw out there.

I agree with what ATGD556jbvgfjfng said about seeing how Landry plays with a real PG though. Since Felton was traded he's had a tough time being effective. Hopefully Diddy can get him the ball in the right spots.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

When has OJ been a consistent scorer since he came into the league. Then to bring him off the bench? He's not the strongest guy mentally, I doubt he'll flourish in that role. Besides, don't need anymore scorers. We've seen Shump in one game so far. Why give up on him now for an overrated guy like OJ? Don't trade our depth for someone like him.
That's because the MEM coach has been misusing OJ his entire time there. Not letting the boy cook. They been trying to trade him off and on for like 2 years, that strains the relationship with staff and he isn't on best terms with players after the falling out with TA. If OJ was getting regular play and not being shafted he'd be a consistent scorer in the L. Especially if he's told what his role is and that we're not gonna eff with it a week later. Let him be the 6th man and he can do his thing but hell on our team? Let him be the starting 2 and put Landry on the bench, playing with STAT and Melo would only benefit him.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about with we don't need anymore scorers. Look at our roster. If it's not clear as day that we need a 3rd option I don't know what else to say. Hope you got the right excuses if a losing streak starts piling up. There's a reason we pursued Jamal Crawford and it's not like we got anyone to fill that hole when he didn't come here. Spot up shooters are not scorers, those are dudes who need to be set up by a guy who draws attention by being able to score off the dribble.

Aint nobody giving up on Shump. He's injured and might be out for a damn month. This is a shortened season. Yall still not facing the reality of this situation. Our roster sucks as far as role players from the back court to the bench. yall really want a repeat of last season as far as wins and losses goes? I want a high seed, I want home court advantage. Honestly, this isn't the season to be waiting for players to develop either. We need to be winning now and playing well consistently. That's why I say we should improve personnel with every opportunity. This aint the season to be having Melo log a bunch of minutes instead of STAT. This team obviously needs to improve and what you mean trade our depth? WHAT DEPTH? TD? Bill Walker? Jeffries? Bibby? Jordan (who I still haven't even seen play)? Landry (only trade asset with value for now)? This can't be real life if you're talking about those guys. Don't overrate this roster man. This aint last season when we had Gallo, Wil,  Felton, etc. That was depth. This team doesn't have a good enough bench or a decent back court, even more so after the guys who have been injured

So you'd want to get a 3rd scorer who makes the defense even worse off than it is right now?  A player who doesn't play hard on the other side of the ball and lacks size on that side of the floor.  A guy whose FG%, 3PT% and FT% have gone down every year even when he was given the opportunity to be the second option on offense in Memphis.  He's the reason for why everything went downhill for him last year.  A guy who wants the ball in his hands but can't beat anyone off the dribble and has no court vision.  A guy who would probably have to facilitate and cede to Melo and Amare on the offensive side of the ball.  We just have different opinions on the direction the team needs to go.  I'm not ready to toss out trade scenarios after the first game of the season and start putting out the same "Knick fan" type of trade offers we see every year.  By our DEPTH, I mean player depth.  I'm not overrating them but to give up two or three pieces to get someone like Mayo and then have to sign a couple minimum players to fill the gaps instead of keeping those two or three players I'm not in favor of.  Mayo may help on the offensive side but that is not where we need the most help right now.  And this IS the season to have Melo play more minutes that Amare.  The guy is still having back problems.  We got Melo to be able to lean on him.  And it's time for him to back up the talk so to speak.

I'm all for a trade that improves the team as a whole but after one game?  No.  Try a month as a team together before we want to introduce someone like Mayo (or anyone else) to the equation right now.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

So you'd want to get a 3rd scorer who makes the defense even worse off than it is right now?  A player who doesn't play hard on the other side of the ball and lacks size on that side of the floor.  A guy whose FG%, 3PT% and FT% have gone down every year even when he was given the opportunity to be the second option on offense in Memphis.  He's the reason for why everything went downhill for him last year.  A guy who wants the ball in his hands but can't beat anyone off the dribble and has no court vision.  A guy who would probably have to facilitate and cede to Melo and Amare on the offensive side of the ball.  We just have different opinions on the direction the team needs to go.  I'm not ready to toss out trade scenarios after the first game of the season and start putting out the same "Knick fan" type of trade offers we see every year.  By our DEPTH, I mean player depth.  I'm not overrating them but to give up two or three pieces to get someone like Mayo and then have to sign a couple minimum players to fill the gaps instead of keeping those two or three players I'm not in favor of.  Mayo may help on the offensive side but that is not where we need the most help right now.  And this IS the season to have Melo play more minutes that Amare.  The guy is still having back problems.  We got Melo to be able to lean on him.  And it's time for him to back up the talk so to speak.

I'm all for a trade that improves the team as a whole but after one game?  No.  Try a month as a team together before we want to introduce someone like Mayo (or anyone else) to the equation right now.
Wait how is OJ Mayo any worse a defender than TD? How is he not just as undersized as TD since lets be honest they're both combo guards? The bold sounds like TD too. I'm talking about getting rid of TD and getting OJ so he can be our 3rd option off the bench for the most part. I'm saying OJ is better than TD maybe you disagree with that I don't know. I know what we need but I wasn't talking about our need for perimeter defenders, if I was I'd say sign Bogans. I already made my argument in regards to resting Melo and STAT and needing a guy for our 2nd unit. Of the guys out there to sign or someone we can trade for OJ fits that. I'm not saying he fills all of our needs. If we disagree about this player, fine but you can't tell me OJ isn't better than most of the players we have as far as guards go.

I haven't thrown out any trade scenarios. I just mentioned his name, this going off of something bhz brought up in the season thread about trading OJ. I haven't said anything about any trade scenarios. Now granted, we may have to give up more guys for him for money to match up, if MEM was willing to take w/e we got on our bench and I'd say do it. I mean honestly there's no reason to hold on to anybody except our 2 rookies (and obviously not trade our front court). You wouldn't give up TD, Jeffries, and Balkman/Jordan/Walker/Bibby/2nd round pick/some cash/etc. for OJ? I mean with Jeffries gone we just see more of Josh and finally see Jordan out there backing up STAT and Tyson. If we give up Jordan or Walker or Balkman we aren't any worse with what we could sign from FAs.  Lets not act like we can't still sign some players to fill up the roster if the depth you're referring to is just the amount of guys we have but hey if you aint in favor of that we can disagree on that. Only thing that hurts us there is them being able to gel quickly. IMO, none of the guys we'd give up would be severely missed.
Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

ATGD556jbvgfjfng
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Wish I never got banned that last time
30t6p3b.gif

Referring to me as the first 4 letters is just fine though
laugh.gif

Steph Curry is most likely not playing Wednesday night...No jinx, but the Knicks would have to play terribly to lose this game..Monta Ellis' shot selection is questionable most of the time so if he starts chucking shots against TD, the Knicks won't have to worry about that back court getting exposed as much.

On offense, like I said a page or 2 back, the Knicks are in good shape matchup wise...David Lee can't hold STAT, Dorell Wright can't hold Carmelo, and Tyson should be able to get rebounds on Biedrins all night..Let's hope the team comes out hot and has the game under control w/o having to hope for some Melo heroics in the 4th quarter.

Back
Top Bottom